Is tee tree oil safe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is tee tree oil safe?

I've been putting tea tree oil on my dick and balls to prevent skin irritation. it seems to work but I dont know if this is safe, am I better off using old fashioned baby oil?

Many different etheric oils are often as bacterial and viral inhibitors, but they have many other properties; also many etheric oils are used as an alternative to hormone therapy as many etheric oils mimic hormones.

Tea Tree oil mimics estrogens and it is not recommended to use this oil near the testicles.

Comment

whats the safest way to moisturize the penis and scrotum then?

Comment

What about a aloe vera cream or gel? Or calendula cream which can also work very well on rashes and irritation.

But I would advice everyone to stop using regular soap on that area, but instead use a cleansing liquid or gel with pH-value similar to our skin. The skin gets really healthy, strong and resistent against irritation, rashes, fungus and bacterias. Women often use that PH-friendly 'soap'. I don't know what that kind of cleansing liquid is named outside my country, but I am sure that lots of people instantly recognise what kind of product I'm talking about.

I don't moisturize my balls or dick but I know that I wouldn't like to feel greasy. Since I don't know much about creams on that body part, I will pass this on for other people to provide more answers to it.
        ino
        Member of the Month June 2017
        Last edited by ino; 02-23-2013, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Be careful where you put it...something might fall off! Don't freak...it's natural and good for your skin...if you apply/use it according to manufactor's directions. Tea Tree Oil (Melaleucha alternifolia) is used for many skin ointments and natural skin aids. My wife uses it on her toe-nails to help recover from a fungus she acquired while getting a pedicure on a cruise ship (unsanitized tools). I've recently bought a similar solution of TTO w/Thuja Occidentalis (cedar leaf extract) as a skin tag remover.

Comment

There are lots of opinions on the internet on whether etheric oils mimic estrogens or not. My own info is more than 15 years old and when now reading on the internet, it's claimed that tea tree oil has only weak estrogen effect, and in addition some claim that it is not able to penetrate the skin. Other sources tell that the chemicals of etheric oil penetrate the skin, so I don't find a clear answer really.

I think there is no reason to worry like angus said.

I personally love tea tree oil myself, and use it in the hair/scalp and on the face.

Comment

I really like the pungent aroma it has. Back in the day, I worked at a plant nursery and they grew a lot of different Meleleuca trees. Each variety had it's own distinct version of this wonderful fragrance.
              Last edited by angus; 02-24-2013, 11:56 PM.

Comment

A female friend of mine pushed etheric oils onto me more than fifteen years ago, which is the reason that I have some old and perhaps outdated knowledge. Well, she told me that men typically prefer oils from tree. Especially the oils from resin. So allegedly males and smokers like the smell of the Cedar tree oil, whereas women in general don't care much for the smell. Unless they are smokers.

I don't know whether it is evdience behind it being a biological preference, or just some kind of cultural or a bias (since most perfumes for men have tree oils in them.)

Btw, I thought of buying seeds of Melaleuca alternafolia 14 days ago. But since they don't survive winters at this latitude, I would try to grow a small tree more for the fun of it. I haven't bought the seeds yet though.

Comment

The Melaleuca trees I mentioned, grow up to 25-30 feet tall and most have multi-trunks with exfoliating bark. Some are known as paper-bark trees. However, you are correct, they need a dry, warm environment with lots of light.

Comment

Working...
                  X