Using a cool down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using a cool down...

I have tried using a cool down a couple of times, and after I take it off I find my dick is sort of turtled up, it is flaccid, at a slightly smaller than normal flaccid size, but it is much stiffer than when normally flaccid. I supposed this could be a neutral PI, and I will wait to see how things turn out- but it feels fine. Has anyone had similar experiences with a cool down? Let me know your thoughts on it.

Benta: It's no doubt from the decreased blood flow. What kind of cool down have you been using? You may want to try mixing heat with cold after a workout, sort of how like the discussion in this thread. It's relatively new and uncharted, but I've tried it a few times and it seems more promising then doing just one or the other.

Dustpan might have some better answers on this one than me. He's more experienced with the cool down. Dust, did your penis turtle up as well after your cool down sessions?
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Remek,

When cooling down the turtling didn't appear like Benta stated. I don't know if my penis has been stretched over the past years enough times that the cooling down process dosen't effect it that way. When I finish my hanging workout routine and then apply the cold cloth it stays long and flaccid.
      Benta
      How cold are you getting the cloth? I use the cold water from the faccet then apply it. Not Ice water.
      Starting stats 7/15/05 -FL 3.750"x FG 2.125", (BPEL 5.250" x EG 3.750")

Current Stats: 4/16/10 (BPFL 6.500" x FG 5.625"), ( BPEL 7.825" x EG 6.375")

Goal for 2011 BPEL 9.000" x EG 6.500"
      Some people see things, and say, "Why"
      I dream of things that never were, and say "Why Not"

Dusty

Comment

I was wrapping the cloth around an ice pack while doing my routine, then taking it off and putting it on to cool down, it was a bit too cold I guess, although the day after I didn't see any negative PIs. I'm going to experiment with a slightly warmer cool down. Thanks for the help guys.

Also, I think I'll try mixing the heat and cold a bit too, Remek, ill let you know how it works out for me.

Comment

when i cool down i have recieved much more positive pi's i also don't get a turtling affect actually my flaccid length stays enlargened for a longer period of time after i stretch
          Yeap im gonna get bigger.

Comment

I think it's important that you cool down in an extended state. If you are hanging, place the cool cloth on while still in the hanger with weights on. Same thing for pumping or any other exercise you want to cool the tissue while it is in an elongated state. This encourages the tissue fibers to remain that way. Otherwise, it may be counter-productive if you cool while turtled.

Notice what this article says (I posted it in another thread but here it is again):

Lehman and associates (1970) studied the effects of heat and stretching on rat tail tendons.6 The results indicated that heating alone produced no significant elongation and that stretching alone produced no residual elongation. Significant elongation occurred if heat and stretch were combined. A greater increase in length was maintained if the stretch was held during the period of cooling since “reorganization of the tissues is thought to occur during the cooling period.”6 Overall, the most effective method of producing a plastic deformation of connective tissue was to apply a sustained stretch during the application of heat and to maintain the stretch during the period of cooling. (Italics and underlines mine)

For the full article: Heat Application in Physiotherapy

I found this while on my decon break so I haven't tried it. But you can bet I will.
            May 2006: 5.75" X 4.5" - Now: 7.44" X 4.875"

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Warming down never made physical sense to me. Why heat the penis and make it more elastic after you already stretched it?
              "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by remek View Post
                Warming down never made physical sense to me. Why heat the penis and make it more elastic after you already stretched it?

Very true! That makes me think about something I read in an article. It said connective tissue (mainly collagen) became gel-like at 140 degrees. So, heat softens the tissue and changes it to more of a "liquid", or pliable state. It only makes sense that to keep it that way, you would want to cool it in the new extended state to return it back to a more solid material. Like heating a piece of plastic, remolding it to a new shape, and then letting it cool.

More support for cooling down in an extended state:

"
                Other studies dealt with the subsequent elasticity of the connective tissue, i.e., ligaments and tendons, after the application of ice. Doctor Mennell5 felt that this was due to the decreased sensation, which enabled the patient to stretch out muscle spasm. Others felt that stretching was best achieved in the "cooling stage" after "heating" by use of hot packs, massage, or ultrasound. Therefore, for best results, stretching of the part should be maintained while cooling the tendon. This was found to produce a longer-lasting increase in length than those treatments in which the stretch was stopped after heat was applied.3

Cold Therapy versus Heat

Notice that ice was applied for cooling. Hmmmm...
                Last edited by remek; 01-22-2008, 05:48 PM.

Let me tell you the secret that has led me to my goal: my strength lies solely in my tenacity.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Iguana, another good find. We're kind of hitting up a topic that's been on my mind lately: How much of the "common PE knowledge" is really true?

Generally speaking, most recommend a warm up after a PE session, but I don't think it makes sense. Surely there are other falsified recommendations going around all the time.

Comment

remek, very good point! I wonder how many of us may have missed out on gains by not cooling down or by following other misguided information.

I think in most cases there is some scientific data to support or refute a technique or theory. Many think of the penis as an organ from outer space and that many physical laws and principles don't apply to it. We must realize, while the penis is indeed a unique organ, the tissues making up the penis are found in other places in the body. The composition of the organ as a whole is unique, but the components are not so much. Meaning, for example, the physics and principles that apply to connective tissues in the knee should apply to connective tissues in the penis.

Until we have teams of scientists and laboratories to test PE theories we have no choice but to base our theories upon the trials and experiments conducted by the experts on similar tissues and body components. The challenge is to research and find applicable data and then test it on what we know.

I'm eager to try cooling down. I'll be surprised if it doesn't produce results.
                    Last edited by Iguana; 11-21-2007, 01:38 PM.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Iguana, Very interesting issue, I have been researching similar articles. Dustpan first mentioned to me that he uses a cool down (cold towel). I have been thinking about applying an ice pack while hanging. Example: last 10 min of a hanging routine. Any thoughts?

Comment

If I recall correctly, I think Bib (or maybe it was Big Girtha) also did some type of cool down towards the end of his workout. . . Or at least he stopped applying heat.

Comment

I think applying an ice down session at the end of your routine is a great idea. I plan on adding this to my next routine myself as
                          I am currently on a decon break.

remek, you are right. Girtha used to swim in a cool pool with PE weights on at the end of his workout.

Quote from Girtha: "Every morning after all PE sessions I end up jelqing and stretching in the hot tub right outside my apartment by the pool. After the final stretching and wet qelqing in the 104 degree water I slip on 2 pounds of lead pe weights and swim laps cooling the ligs while they are still held extended in the chilled 50 degree water. (Wintertime in Texas)"

Louis Pasteur

Comment

What is "turtling"? I can't find a definition on the website. -thanks.

Comment

Turtling is when the penis shrinks up inside the body. Like what happens when you get in to the pool or cold shower.

Louis Pasteur

Comment

Working...
                              X