Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion on routines?

OK, let me get right to it, I guess..

So I'm looking to do JP90 and stretching. The main thing I'm wondering about, is, would a hot shower over the "area" be as effective a warmup as hot washcloths or a rice sock? What about a bath?

Now, I've heard it's best to work up from a lower number of reps and to see how far you can go to avoid straining yourself... Now with the JP90 Warmup, where should I incorporate stretching, if it all? And if I were stretching, would I find that I would need to do less jelqing because of it? Being that I am primarily concerned with length gains, would it be best to stretch right after the warmup shown in JP90?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations on how many reps I should start off with in each direction? It says you should go in every direction, but how many in each, and I don't know, it all just seems kind of confusing. As weird as it sounds, I wish there were some video tutorials on JP90, etc.

Once I start, I know I can be dedicated, but I know it will seem like more of a confusion/hassle than it really is, until I get some recommendations from people who have experience with all this.

Now, why I'm wonering if a shower is OK, is because I generally shower at night, so doing a long masturbation-esque routine in the morning wouldn't cut it. This way, I can just encorporate it into the daily routine. I guess I should be running water directly over the area specifically, so how long should I likely give it?

But at this point, I'm more interested in stretching for length, but I want to do JP90 (or at least, a modified version of it) in combination with stretching for (hopefully) maximum potential gains, but of course, I'm not going to do anything to hurt myself. I really hope someone can give me some guidance in all this... Thanks a lot.
    Start: BPEL: ~5.00+ Girth: 5.00" (Base/Mid)

7/22/15:
    BPEL ~5.5" Optimistic... Girth: 5-3/8" Base, 5.00" mid

Goal:
    BPEL ~7.5", Mid-Girth: 5.50", maybe 6" towards base.

Don't overthink it too much. All routines, including the JP90 should be considered more of a guideline. Follow it as written for a while so you can learn to identify the types of feelings you should associate with a good workout. Learn your body. As you progress, the floor is open to experiment with intensity, reps and routine frequency. This doesn't mean go from 50 to 500 reps in a day, but it means to slowly ease into trying new things, track how they affect your body and your recovery and find what works best for you.

The bottom line is that nobody can walk in here and tell you exactly how many reps you should be doing, or how intense. You need to safely experiment and track you progress to determine these things. Just start off lighter than you think you should, and progressively ease into advancing until you find your happy place

Good luck
    2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

Hey Nexxus,

Welcome man. I'm sure you've heard this already, but hear it again: Read Read Read Read Read. Use the search tool. And of course, take it easy and go light!

I'm just a noob myself, so I don't have much say- but in addition to what Donjelqer76 said (I second everything that was said), I will say just follow the specific guidelines of the routine for the first few sessions and then adjust if necessary.

I started with PESG's routine, and immediately found it necessary to switch to 1 day on/1 day off instead of 2/1, because my unit wasn't and isn't quite ready for that intensity.

For your stretching questions- Plenty of people do things in different orders, but a lot of people just follow the routine down the list- myself included. I stretch immediately after warming up. I jelq afterward. I like the tissue in my unit to be as heated and flexible as possible immediately before stretching, so I warm up with a rice sock for 10-15 mins then go right into stretching. I find that the jelqs work well after the general warmup plus the loosened ligs from the stretch, so that there's no need to rewarm.

I don't do the JP90, but a general "beginner" rule of thumb for stretching seems to be a light stretch of 30 seconds in all necessary directions. Some, including myself, will count these 30 seconds by doing 25 or so short kegels (which essentially adds up to around 30 seconds).

Pull as much as necessary to feel a light stretching sensation, but not any more than that.

To my understanding, a washcloth or rice sock is a bit better to really heat deep within the penile tissue, moreso than a shower. But try it out. I use a shower for my "warm down".

Comment

Well, just out of curiosity... What exactly makes stretching more effective than, let's say, a penis extender? Surely a warmup beforehand will help things loosen up, but wouldn't it require a significant portion of a day to make any long term gains with stretching? Or is it more of a combination with something else type of thing?

Also, as a baseline, where should I start with jelqs in each direction? I'd like to just work up a little more each time, rather than start at max and realize it's too much. werent 150 total reccommended in JP90? I could be wrong, but I guess I'll go check now. Anyway, *up, down, left, right, out*, correct? So as a starting point, how many reps in each direction, and how often to increase? Every session, or every two sessions just to work up to my max? I'm looking to go 1 on, 1 off.

Actually, talking about going in different directions... How do you like, get a grip? Seems hard to go directly flat along, so would you kind of go diagnonal, rather than directly to that direction, basically as far as you can go in that direction..?

Um... Oh, and for the amount of force for stretching... I briefly tried it out, no warmup or anything, and I didn't go too hard, didn't want to hurt anything... It seems like when pulling, it will kind of stop where it is, and then pull just one small step further, and it feels like a stretching sensation, like you can feel that it just stretched a little further, but no pain/discomfort, other than the pulling feeling. Is that what I should be looking for? Or too much?

Another thing, would be amount of force for a jelq. Both hands should be used, right? I guess the force would be very small, basically just a loose grip, sliding upwards, but I'm sure there's a sign of too much force, or maybe even too little. What should that be like?

7/22/15:

Goal:

Comment

Sorry to jump in on your thread but, I use a wash cloth to warm up but it takes a while, reheating it all the time! Stupid question but how do you use the rice sock method? Just put rice in a sock and warm it up? Use the same rice over and over or?

Comment

haha, Pete, that's actually a good question... I was wondering about that, considering a lot of people say the rice sock method is probably most effective.

7/22/15:

Goal:

Comment

Good info posted on the Guides Tab (The Warm-Up)

Rice Socks
              Rice socks are convenient and inexpensive — they can be made with a few items lying around your house. To make a rice sock you need three materials: a sock, uncooked rice, and a microwave. After you have gathered the materials you need, follow these three basic steps:
              1. Take a sock and fill it with one to two cups of uncooked rice. Tie the sock shut. Make sure to leave enough room in the sock so you can comfortably move it around your penis.
              2. Put the full sock of rice in the microwave. Heat it for between 45 and 90 seconds. Since microwaves vary in power, the exact time will depend on your microwave and how much rice was used.
              3. Check the temperature of the rice sock. If it is too hot, let it cool down until you can comfortably heat your penis without burning yourself. If the sock is not hot enough, put it back into the microwave for additional time.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

OK, the rice sock method actually seems pretty easy, compared to relying on a bath, shower, etc. Um, now the only concern I have is, does the rice sock kind of... Scratch you? Just seems like it'd be uncomfortable. Also, how would it be able to penetrate heat to the ligaments? Seems like there wouldn't be a lot of heat transfer to the area, even pressed up against your body.

Anyway, guess I'll go get some rice.

7/22/15:

Goal:

Comment

Cheers for the instruction. Rice sock was a success and 10000000% better then a hot towel!

Comment

Working...
                  X