Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody jelq palm up? How are the results?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody jelq palm up? How are the results?

Hey everyone,

I've recently re-started PE and have been experimenting with different grips. I know most people jelq palm down, but for me, it just feels un-natural. I prefer to jelq palm up. Does anyone else do that as well, and if so, have you seen positive results?

I normally shift back and forth between up and down, but prefer palm up so I do about 70% of my jelqs this way. Jelqing, however, is not my primary PE routine. I do a lot of extending and pumping and use jelqing as a supplementary exercise. Accordingly, I can not tell how much jelqing has contributed to my increase.
    Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
    12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
    12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
    01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
    01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
    01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
    Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

I have just changed to a palm up grip, I like it so much better than palm down and I have noticed a much better pump after a session. I usually like the standard wet jelq with a UJ and alternate between those two.
      Guess I need to start keeping track.
      9.24.2013 7.1 BPEL x 5.75 EG
      11.7.2013 7.25 BPFSL
      11.23.2013 7.25 BPEL Yah!
      3.11.2014 7.5 x 5.75
      12.29.2014 7.75 x 5.75
      9.22.2015 7.75 x 6
      Looks like I need to work on length.

Comment

Not sure if you're aware, but jelqing palm up could put undue pressure on the dorsal vein which is prone to injury. So just watch out for that.

Comment

I do both. Palms down hurts my wrist after a while. Like Kitchener said, if you go palms up your grip should be lighter. that being the case, you may see slower gains with palms up.
          https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...nt-logger.html
          My Loggy Log

Comment

I normally jelq palm-up and always have. I'll reverse to palm-down here and there for a bit throughout a session though. I find that it works well for me.
            2011 2012 2013 2014

Comment

I started jelqing palm up and then read about others who were jelqing palm down. I tried palm down and like it a bit more, but I actually mix it up. I think I feel both are effective in terms of engorging my penis. I'm not sure if there will be any difference, but I added an extra set of 160 on Friday and alternated between regular and v jelqs. I liked that and may continue to add that extra set, but my regular jelqs are palm down. I'll have to see how things go on Tuesday. Decided to add another rest day tomorrow...but already looking forward to getting back in the gym on Tuesday morning.
              Start BPEL 4.9 MSEG 4.7
              Current ​BPEL 7 MSEG 5.87
              Goal 8x6
              Getinbig's progress log
              Getinbig DP4000 Progress Log

Comment

I like palm up/out because you can get really close to the pelvis and dig in. Us short guys need all the help we can get. I cant see how it matters from a safety standpoint, your ok grip is simply mirrored.

Comment

I only do palms up jelqing, feels way better. Palms down jelqing feels too much like you are just wanking. Way better squeeze with palms up IMO.
                  League of Legends ​/ Top Performers / Pull the Chute

My Log / KITJ / KITV / Phallosan Tips / 2014 Challenge Statistics

Comment

I always jelq as follows;

- Palm down, stop just before the tip and gently hold
                    - While maintaining grip, palm up with the second hand and begin working up
                    - You will get a visible bulge and vein swelling, when you get to about halfway, released the first hand, and continue to just below the tip with your palm down hand
                    - Release completely, then begin again

I count this as one jelq.

It's basically an 'Ultimate Jelq' as detaild on the forum, but I find it FAR more effective in terms of feel and visible bulge. I think the trick is to take it very easy on the squeeze with the first hand, particularly until you can get a feel for how much pressure you can take.

I think this would be considered more of an intermediate exercise, but I really couldnt get a good feel going any other way.

Hope this is helpful.
                    Length: Don't care
                    Girth: 4.5 4.6 4.7 4.8 4.9 5.0 5.1 5.2

Comment

Working...
                    X