Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cosmopolitan Magazine

Hello all,

Just thought that I would post the link to this uninsightful page on The Cosmopolitan website about Jelqing:

Jelqing - Enlarge Penis - Sex Advice - Cosmopolitan.com

Just wondering what your thoughts are.

I'm off to jelq now, back shortly lol...

Cult
    1 Dec '09 (NEW)
    BPEL: 6" 10/16th (6.63") - 0.25" Increase
    MSEG: 4" 4/16th (4.25")
    EG Tip: 4" 4/16th (4.25")
    EG Base: 4" 6/16th (4.38")

Start: Oct '09

BPEL: 6" 4/16th (6.25")
    MSEG: 4" 3/16th (4.19")

Goal EG 4.5" - 5.0"

The shortest distance between failure and success, is quitting!

I call *Bull Shit* (Shhhh, let's keep this little secret to ourselves)

I've got a Tiger by the tail.

Comment

Not complete bs. If you overdo jelqing or grip too tightly, etc., the negatives mentioned can and will occur. As for scientific evidence, there isn't a whole lot out there - yet. But the truth is, while we have many success stories, what true scientific evidence do we have to back it up? Personally, I have added about 3/4" of girth to my pecker through jelqing, so I know it works.
      FL 6.0"/MFG 5.75", BPEL 7.00"/MEG 6.5"

The Ultimate Jelq (The UJ)
      The Ultimate V (The UV)
      Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
      Heated Bundled LAS
      Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

I did some jelq while I read it.
        Nothing there a few turkey slaps wouldn't cure.

Comment

I guess they should have got a real expert on the subject.Sure negative things can and could happen if done incorrectly.But when you have REAL expert advise, like that is given on this forum you have a greater chance of succeeding.If you follow the instructions.The POSITIVES outweigh the negatives.
          If it looks like bullshit
          Smells like bullshit
          feels like bullshit
          Chances are it is BULLSHIT
          Imagination expands the mind

Comment

This article should prove to us all that you can't trust everything you read, even if its in a well known magazine. The author of the article undoubtedly didn't do enough research but still let their own personal skeptisism choose their reference material for them. This is why we should "Prove all things" and not just take some stranger's word for anything.
            Dr. PhibbysHammer has not got 3 degrees from HARVARD, YALE and PRINCETON and is in no way LICENSED TO PRACTICE MEDICINE or PSYCHOLOGY. https://www.pegym.com/forums/success...hacts-phi.html

Comment

Let's define "Scientific Evidence". Does an experiment have to take place in a university setting with a bunch of folks in white coats present in order for something to be "proven"?

What if you decide to make yourself the subject? What if you follow the Scientific Method and predict, observe, hypothesize, experiment, and come to your own conclusions?

Thousands of men have done just that on this forum and others like it with research, logging their results, taking meticulous measurements, and even assessing their EQs. They made actual measurable gains, and by using the Scientific Method have "scientifically proven" that PE works.

BTW, that article (in Cosmopolitan magazine of all places ) did not contain one iota of authentic data to bolster their position- just a lot of supposition and the same old word-for-word rehashed anti-PE "groupthink", which just proves that there's very little original thinking going on with these critics.

What strikes me as humorous is that, had they done a bit more research, they would have found that nonsurgical PE has indeed been "scientifically proven".
              Big Al
              Administrator
              PEGym Editor
              Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
              PEGym Hero
              Last edited by Big Al; 10-19-2009, 01:02 PM.
              Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Problem Al is that maybe I didn't gain anything, just said I did. Maybe I measured completely inaccurately. Any number of things that need to be controlled aren't. That is where a real study would come into play. On another site there is even a controversy about whether or not a main figure doctored his photos. Don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but all of us are taking each others word for our "so called" gains - that isn't scientific. As for the article, even you Al have complained about the fly-by-night bs sites that are only out to make money and aren't telling the truth about the products they are trying to sell. It just seems that too many people here are way too sensitive when it comes to PE. I personally don't give a rats ass what others think, if someone wants "real" knowledge they will find their way to this site or others like it. I found this site and I didn't even know this shit was out there!! As for your link, that is regarding length, not girth gains through jelqing, but it is a start. I recently posted a site that was scientifically run regarding kegeling and correction of Erectile Dysfunction. That is what we need more of to bolster our beliefs. Kegels are one of the most important things we are told to do here, and now there is real scientific proof that it does what we say it does.

Treatment of erectile dysfunction by perineal exercise, electromyographic biofeedback, and electrical stimulation. (Research Report). - Free Online Library
                rbi99
                Retired Moderator
                Member of the Month Nov 2017
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by rbi99; 10-19-2009, 01:29 PM.

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                Heated Bundled LAS
                Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Originally posted by rbi99 View Post
                  Problem Al is that maybe I didn't gain anything, just said I did. Maybe I measured completely inaccurately. Any number of things that need to be controlled aren't.
                  Please reread my post. Notice that I placed the emphasis on the term "you". As for a control- unless you have an identical twin with your exact dimensions, an accurate control isn't going to be reliable. Some men gain easily, others don't. If you're past puberty there's a good chance that anything you're doing to your penis to cause it to grow in erect size couldn't be contributed to puberty.

That is where a real study would come into play.
                  Who would conduct this study? What specific training would be required in order to ensure that a penis is measured properly? It would seem to me that a forum like this would be the place to go to if you're looking for experts in that area.

On another site there is even a controversy about whether or not a main figure doctored his photos. Don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but all of us are taking each others word for our "so called" gains - that isn't scientific.
                  In the grand scheme of it, it doesn't matter whether thousands of people know you made gains- if you are doing PE and you are applying rigorous standards to your training and record keeping, then your training appeals to the tenets of science, and you are the one reaping the benefits.

If you cheat on your measurements then it certainly isn't scientific.

One could say that the testing done for pharmaceutical companies is "scientific" because it's done at great expense in labs with lots of doctors and their assistants; but it's almost common knowledge that many of those studies are flawed and biased, and the enormous quantities of recalls that seem to crop up shortly after these drugs are released certainly bear this out. Would you rather trust them to guide you?

Who better to trust than yourself. That's the beauty of PE- you are the one doing the testing so you know exactly what's being done.

As for the article, even you Al have complained about the fly-by-night bs sites that are only out to make money and aren't telling the truth about the products they are trying to sell.
                  The question isn't whether or not there are a lot of crappy PE sites/products out there (there are), the question is whether PE exercises, in this case the "jelq" works. That's a common red herring used by writers that wish to discredit PE by lumping all PE sites/products (except surgery, of course ) into one huge scam category.

It just seems that too many people here are way too sensitive when it comes to PE. I personally don't give a rats ass what others think, if someone wants "real" knowledge they will find their way to this site or others like it. I found this site and I didn't even know this shit was out there!!
                  I become sensitive when irresponsible writers don't do their research. It encourages ignorance and small thinking. You can't count how many times I've read posts like "PE doesn't work because Dr. So-and-so said he doesn't think it works". Whether or not something works is completely independent of what anyone "thinks"- regardless of who they are.

As for your link, that is regarding length, not girth gains through jelqing, but it is a start.
                  The link I posted was a study done with an extender device, so you wouldn't expect to see too much in the way of girth gains with that. Still, it "proved" that nonsurgical PE works.

I recently posted a site that was scientifically run regarding kegeling and correction of Erectile Dysfunction. That is what we need more of to bolster our beliefs. Kegels are one of the most important things we are told to do here, and now there is real scientific proof that it does what we say it does.

Erectile Dysfunction
                  Some docs have been recommending kegels for decades; and I agree that stamina work is the most important thing you can do for your sexual health whether you want a larger penis or not

If you want to delve into why PE works, study up of certain physiological processes like Davis' Law and biological/mechanical creep. A doc familiar with these processes would not be quick to discount PE.

I'm here to help guys that he guys that believe PE works for them. The most I can do is present people with data and my experiences and those of the men I've helped. Whether or not they decide to use that to their benefit is up to them
                  Big Al
                  Administrator
                  PEGym Editor
                  Male Enhancement Coach Rep.
                  PEGym Hero
                  Last edited by Big Al; 10-19-2009, 02:55 PM.

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

It probably wouldn't be all that difficult to scientifically study jelqing and its effectiveness. Unfortunately, since the medical field wouldn't stand to gain from this monetarily, I doubt there would be much incentive for them to "prove it". The study done by LifeStyles Condoms in Cancun used a controlled study to measure penis size. The measuring was uniform. Of course that is only a one time thing, whereas a jelqing study would take months in order to gather data. All I am saying is that if such a controlled study was done, I am 100% confident it would show that it works. Once it was done, we would have our "scientific evidence". You know it works, I know it works, it would be great if we could use science to truly verify our beliefs. After all, the one comeback "outsiders" use is that there is no verifiable scientific evidence to back up our statements. Then again, I don't care what others say or believe, because I have the proof right here in my hands!!

The Ultimate V (The UV)
                    Testicle Jelq (The TJ)
                    Heated Bundled LAS
                    Ultimate Warmup Exercise

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I am a believer, but all of us are taking each others word for our "so called" gains - that isn't scientific.
                      I'm sure I speak for a lot of people here when I say that I'm not here to prove anything. I'm not doing PE for anyone else but myself. If I end up gaining and inch, or two inches, or three, who cares if some magazine doesn't believe I've done it.

If someone makes up their gains, the only person they're fooling is themselves. Realistically, why would some stranger (who could be living thousands of miles away) care whether you've for a 5" penis or a 10" penis.

PE seems to be doing just fine without the backing of so-called 'experts'.

Anyway, why would we want PE to go mainstream? Everyone will have a big cock then!
                      Start (1st October 2009): 6.25" BPEL, 4.4" EG

Current (1st April 2010): 7.05" BPEL, 4.72" EG

Ultimate Goal: 7.75" BPEL, 5.50" EG

My PE Journey

Comment

...Then again, I don't care what others say or believe, because I have the proof right here in my hands!!
                        That's what matters most

Comment

Working...
                        X