Not feeling like doing PE.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not feeling like doing PE.

Ok so I am on a one day on one day off routine. My rest day was yesterday and today I was supposed to do my routine. I have been backed up with work and I am just now getting done. I have to wake up early tomorrow morning and I am already extremely exhausted. Right now I just want to go lay down on my bed and sleep for 20 hours lol. Anyways I really do not feel like doing my routine right now because i'm so tired and it usually takes me an hour or so to do my routine. If I was to take a day off today I would still use tomorrow as a rest day as well because my rest days and my routine fit right in my schedule. This is probably one of the very few times this will ever happen but I was wondering will I lose some of my gains or will this help with gains? I will continue again at it on Thursday making it a 3 day rest period.

There is no point in doing it while you are so exhausted, just try to make some time for PE in your schedule in the future, you will be fine, it is not likely to cause any harm, if you don't make a habit out of it, go to bed and take some rest.
    A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Is there any thing I can do like a 15 to 20 minute quick routine?

Comment

Originally posted by Theman5439 View Post
        Is there any thing I can do like a 15 to 20 minute quick routine?
        Do you mean for tonight?

Yes, reduce the number of jelqs and stretches to fit that duration, it is a good idea, but keep in mind, for the long run, consistency is vital to PE success.
        A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Should I warm-up?

Comment

Heya, Theman -

The extra rest is better than trying to rush a workout where you might overdo intensity while trying to make up for the abbreviated time. Think about it like regular body workouts - if you attempt routines when you're not into it for whatever reason, you run a much greater risk of injury. But if you feel you can (and want to) get in some work, why not just one regular segment of your current routine (e.g. stretching) without doing the entire routine.

EDIT: Since I was much slower than MrB8 in posting - I defer to his advice.
            "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

ATP's Routine
            ATP's Success Story

Comment

Could I just Edge? Would that be ok?

Comment

Alright yeah I am going to go ahead and just rest then. Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

By all means I'm still a beginner at PEGYM (even though it says I started in 2009). But I can relate it to working out in the gym which I have been consistently doing since that time and I believe it is similar. Doing PE should become more of an habitual thing (like the gym or brushing your teeth). It should start to feel weird when you miss a day. However, when you do miss a day, that's okay. Don't beat yourself up over it and lose faith in PE. Just get back at it the next day. Don't make a habit of missing days though. Like MrB8 said, consistency is key!
                  Starting May 16 2011:
                  Length - 7 3/16
                  Girth - 4 13/16

Goal - Whenever
                  Length - 8
                  Girth - 6

Comment

Do some flowers or Las then jelque for 10 minutes and your golden.
                    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Working...
                    X