Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat after workout - bad idea?

Hi there ,

I am currently doing my PE in the bathtub and like to relax in the hot tub another 20 minutes after my exercises, is it a bad idea to keep things heated after the workout and if yes why exactly?

I read somewhere that pre workout you want heat and after the workout you want cold, so what I am currently doing is I run a little bit of cold water over my penis after the workout but then I sit back in the hot tub and relax...

Bad idea?

Heat is not good for your testicles.
    A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Uh so even taking a bath is already a bad idea? I take a bath many times a month ... I always shower down ice cold after the bath tho for a minute or 2.

Comment

Your testicles operate at a lower temperature than that if your body's, that is why your scrotum hangs lower in hot weather. By exposing them to heat for prolonged periods of time you are affecting their optimal function.

I would not say never ever take a hot bath, if that is something you like doing. Just do not over do it, and it certainly be overdoing it if you take a hot bath for 45 minutes or more five times a week.
        A real man never hurts a woman. The woman came out of a man’s rib, not from his feet to be walked on, and not from his head to be superior, but from his side to be equal. Under the arm to be protected, and next to the heart to be loved. - Mrs. workin_4_it

Comment

Thanks MrB8 I might have to invent a shower cap for testicles with a cooling function
          Trouser Trout
          Last edited by Trouser Trout; 12-26-2014, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Hmmmm so what about using the sauna? I guess they hurt my testicles too? I love going to the sauna (couple times a week when I can with 3x 15 minute sessions plus an ice cold dip right after each set).

Comment

Just read a couple articles like this, guess that answers it :

Saunas could damage men's sperm | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Working...
              X