Measuring flacid length/girth how?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Measuring flacid length/girth how?

My flacid length can vary greatly, from around 3.5 to 5 inches depending on how I feel, is there a guide to measuring flacid?
    7th february, 2010, starting the beginner routine for the first time.

flacid length: 4.75"
    flacid girth: 4.2"
    erect length: 7" from pelvic
    erect girth: 5.2"

14th may, 2010, 3 months on.

flacid length: 5.25
    flacid girth: 4.5
    erect length: 7.5" from pelvic

I seem to be having some difficulty measuring erect length too, according to this guide I found, you should measure from the pelvic bone, but that puts me at a full 7 inches. I'm pushing a ruler against the pelvic bone as close as possible to the base of my penis and that's the length that it shows.

I always used to measure myself a different way, by measuring from the base of my penis (but not to the pelvic bone) to the end of my glans and that measurement puts me at 6.5 inches.

So as you can see, by measuring from the pelvic bone that adds half an inch, but is this really the correct way to measure it? I always measured it to 6.5 because 6.5 seemed like the amount that was capable of penetrating a woman, the other half inch toward my pelvic bone doesn't really seem like it should be included in the actual measurement, but according to a measuring guide, it should be?

I just want to get it measured correctly before I start my routine.
    Captain Cock
    Last edited by Captain Cock; 02-07-2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

I agree with you and your logic; I used to measure the same way. However, they say on PE forums that most studies are done using BPEL to eliminate the variable of body fat and get consistent measurements. I have never read a study that specifically mentioned that, but since I am now 6.5" instead of 6.0" by using BPEL instead of NBPEL, I am game for measuring the way the big boys tell me to.
      Started: BPEL 6.5", EG 4.5"
      Current: BPEL 7.0", EG 5.0"
      Goal: BPEL 7.5", EG 5.5"

Comment

Which part of the pelvis are we supposed to measure from? Because the only part of the bone I can feel is in my groin, so I measured from there, which is basically to the side and slightly down from the base of my penis. I found a website with a picture where the pelvic bone is labelled and in that picture the pelvic bone is above the base of the penis, basically at the bottom of your stomach and under there.

Now i'm not fat in the slightest and even I can't feel my pelvic bone at that location, so where exactly are we supposed to measure to when they say "to the pelvic bone"?

Comment

To measure BPEL, place the ruler at the base of your penis on the topside and press until it hits the pubic bone. Like OlderGuy said, this eliminates the variable of body fat and gives a more accurate measurement. The .5" difference between your Bone Pressed and Non-Bone Pressed measurements are typical, as most people seem to have a .5" fat pad.

Measuring flaccid length is difficult, as there are loads of environment factors that contribute, e.g. if it's cold, you're flaccid lenght will be smaller than when it's warmer etc. If you want to measure your flaccid length, make sure the conditions are the same each time.

Alternatively, a better way would be to measure your BPFSL (Bone Pressed Flaccid Stretched Length) by stretching out your flaccid to it's maximum length and then pressing the ruler into the pubic bone as you would with a BPEL measurement.
          BMot
          Last edited by BMot; 02-07-2010, 08:25 AM.
          Start (1st October 2009): 6.25" BPEL, 4.4" EG

Current (1st April 2010): 7.05" BPEL, 4.72" EG

Ultimate Goal: 7.75" BPEL, 5.50" EG

My PE Journey

Comment

It is ok to measure nbpel, many members use both, just state 6.5" nbpel,7" bpel.
            Now perhaps it is just me, but I push my dick right in and use that last half inch.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
              It is ok to measure nbpel, many members use both, just state 6.5" nbpel,7" bpel.
              Now perhaps it is just me, but I push my dick right in and use that last half inch.
              Got to push pretty hard to do that, ok sometimes, but that's not the rythm i'd want to go with 100% of the time.

Comment

So long as you are consistent and measure the same way each time, so that you don't fool yourself regarding gains, I don't think it really matters that much. For example, I use a tape measure rather than a ruler because I like to measure the curvature of my glans, which the ruler misses.

Comment

Working...
                X