Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arachidonic acid

Hi guys,

I've been doing some googling and reading on these forums and I've become interested in arachidonic acid (an omega 6). It's part of the inflammation process and seems to have some growth properties.

Experiment with topical ARA on mouse ears:
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3139772

https://ac.els-cdn.com/S0022202X889…949d18bbe68f9f3

It’s also sold as a bodybuilding supplement called “X-factor” by Molecular Nutrition:
    https://www.molecularnutrition.com/…rachidonic-acid

I’m wondering:
    A) if topical application would be safe
    B) if supplementation with X-factor would increase results (as it does with muscle gain)

Hey guys,

I would like to also open this up for general discussion of ARA. If you Google it and read some of the studies of this substance, there is some interesting info. I see there has been a few views and I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this at all.

Comment

Why would you want to inflame anything?
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Any time you do PE (or any form of exercise) you are causing stress on your body. This stress causes inflammation which leads to a cascade of growth factors and prostaglandins being released, cells proliferating, ect. Inflammation is what leads to healing and growth. Ever been sore after working out? That's inflammation.

Comment

Well golly gee I know what inflammation is and I also know that bodies don't like it. Yes it does happen with exercise and pe but why would you want to artificially stimulate it by maybe taking too much omega 6? Isn't the exercise enough?

Comment

Interesting! Pleas keep ud updated when you try it.
            Start 5.8 (14.9 cm) BPEL 5.2 MEG

Now: 7 .9 (20 cm ) BPEL 5.3 MEG

Comment

You know it's health negative right.

Comment

Omega 6 to Omega 3 ratio a very important one. Most people living in Japan seem to have healthier diet than the West have a ratio of 3 or 4 to 1 Omega 6 to 3. Most Westerner have a ratio of 15 or even 20 to one which shows the Western diet really isn't all that healthy, called a pro-inflammatory diet. Since most of us have way too much Omega 6 in our diets why would you need more? What do you think it will do; we already have too much. Grow mouse ears? Now what affect did it have on the rest of the mouse they experimented on? No one knows or cares. The poor mouse could have died of a heart attack the next day but they weren't studying that effect were they? You guys really got to understand what you're reading.
                CUSP82
                Administrator
                Admin of the Month Dec 2014
                PEGym Hero
                Last edited by CUSP82; 07-11-2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

The Japanese also pay 2-3 times as much for smaller portions of food, have healthy options more readily available, and more options in general. Several of the YouTubers I subscribe to that moved to Japan and China also talk about how the social pressure to lose weight, because people will gawk at them, make rude comments, and poke their stomachs. Here in the west we have expend less calories, eat more cheap food, have less options, and the whole fat acceptance movement that is killing us.

Plus, their cities are built around public transportation and walking whereas cities in America are built around highways and cities in Europe have highways that go around them but not through them. So they have more options to walk everywhere instead of relying on cars and busses.
                  Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

The actual food is different in Japan for instance more fish and less red meat . This is what makes for better O6 to O3 ratio .
                    It is well established that improved ratio is health positive . Thus people take fish oil.

Comment

Bodybuilders already supplement with ara to help with muscle growth. Only side effects I've seen is acne (rare) and sore joints. Obviously you won't be taking extreme doses for years at a time.

I did actually try to apply the oil from the pills during PE about a year ago but it did nothing. Obviously its an absorption issue. I've seen that you can get pure ara from chemical supply sites but it's crazy expensive.

There are tons of studies on pubmed about ara and how it's related to growth. Of course my biology skills are lacking so my comprehension of it isn't great

Comment

I think the study on the mice is particularly interesting, but i have my concerns about destroying my dick in the name of science.

Comment

So why are you covering it with acid? Why not just use aspirin? Do you know chemically what aspirin is? Acetyl salycilic ACID!

Comment

The acidity is not the concern. It's the swelling, edema, and possible pain. In the extended article I read it distressed the mice. Not sure if it's because it caused pain, or if they were just freaking out because their ear turned into a balloon.

Comment

Bodybuilders also "supplement" with a lot of things that will destroy your health. Testosterone, anavar, trenabol, clenbuterol, whinstrol, as well as methamphetamine or cocaine. Everything there, except for the testosterone, can kill you directly.... Testosterone only leads to things like suicidal tendencies, heart attacks, different forms of cancer, and premature qging that will kill you in time.
                              Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Working...
                              X