Warning about DHT/Andractim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning about DHT/Andractim

Lets start off with the positives. I applied andractim to my penis in my early 20's and I grew half an inch. I have since taken it again and it did nothing. I have no medical training so this is all going to be "broscience" but this is my understanding of how this happened from reading a bunch of studies. I believe that everyone has a predetermined maximum penis size that is determined by genetics. If you are relatively healthy and your hormones are in check, then DHT will do nothing for you.

Here is the study that people often cite on the treatment of micropenis with transdermal DHT:

Transdermal dihydrotestosterone therapy and its effects on patients with microphallus. - PubMed - NCBI

I was very sedentary during puberty and carried a decent amount of abdominal fat which has been shown to neutralize the effect of DHT. I also had issues with anxiety which probably messed with my hormone levels as well.

Androgen inactivation and steroid-converting enzyme expression in abdominal adipose tissue in men

Now for the bad. I have horrible fatigue, brain fog, constipation and premature ejaculation. I wasn't able to connect all of these issues until I stumbled upon the propeciahelp forum for people who took a drug to suppress DHT for hair loss and ended up with many of the same issues. Even the best Endocrinologists have no idea how to help these people. My life has been miserable for the last few years. These issues have made it impossible to maintain a relationship or job. I take about 500mg of caffeine per day, along with other legal and illegal stimulants just to get out of the house. I have seen several doctors, spending thousands of dollars with 0 relief. There is no free lunch. Stick to the safe methods using your hands that you can find on here for free. Good luck.

Originally posted by newb4321 View Post
    Lets start off with the positives. I applied andractim to my penis in my early 20's and I grew half an inch. I have since taken it again and it did nothing. I have no medical training so this is all going to be "broscience" but this is my understanding of how this happened from reading a bunch of studies. I believe that everyone has a predetermined maximum penis size that is determined by genetics. If you are relatively healthy and your hormones are in check, then DHT will do nothing for you.

Here is the study that people often cite on the treatment of micropenis with transdermal DHT:

Transdermal dihydrotestosterone therapy and its effects on patients with microphallus. - PubMed - NCBI

I was very sedentary during puberty and carried a decent amount of abdominal fat which has been shown to neutralize the effect of DHT. I also had issues with anxiety which probably messed with my hormone levels as well.

Androgen inactivation and steroid-converting enzyme expression in abdominal adipose tissue in men

Now for the bad. I have horrible fatigue, brain fog, constipation and premature ejaculation. I wasn't able to connect all of these issues until I stumbled upon the propeciahelp forum for people who took a drug to suppress DHT for hair loss and ended up with many of the same issues. Even the best Endocrinologists have no idea how to help these people. My life has been miserable for the last few years. These issues have made it impossible to maintain a relationship or job. I take about 500mg of caffeine per day, along with other legal and illegal stimulants just to get out of the house. I have seen several doctors, spending thousands of dollars with 0 relief. There is no free lunch. Stick to the safe methods using your hands that you can find on here for free. Good luck.
    So let me get this straight, you used a DHT-compound to increase your penis length , got results for a while, then did some research because you are having what you call to be LOW DHT symptoms; along with Anxiety and brain fog - and now you think that, despite you relaying the contributing factors you already know about, that somehow you fall into the group of post-finasteride subjects...when you've never touched Propecia???

Comment

Originally posted by corageon View Post
      So let me get this straight, you used a DHT-compound to increase your penis length , got results for a while, then did some research because you are having what you call to be LOW DHT symptoms; along with Anxiety and brain fog - and now you think that, despite you relaying the contributing factors you already know about, that somehow you fall into the group of post-finasteride subjects...when you've never touched Propecia???
      lol
      ​Li'l Uncle Reamus

Comment

Originally posted by corageon View Post
        I'm not exactly sure which part is so confusing.

Yes, I took a DHT compound to increase my penis size. It was very stupid and I made this post because I still see people on here trying it themselves without knowing the potential consequences.

Yes, I believe I have low DHT symptoms. Brain fog included. Anxiety was an issue that I had much earlier in life which was treated with an SSRI.

I don't know the exact mechanism that is causing all of my issues but I assume it is some negative feedback loop from taking too much exogenous DHT.

I've never taken Propecia but it is very easy to see why they would have many of the same issues. Propecia is a 5-ar inhibitor. 5-ar is the enzyme responsible for converting testosterone to DHT. Many of the people report taking substances that increase DHT such as creatine and feeling better for a short time, only to crash and feel even worse than they did before.

Comment

I see that you are area1255. I've followed your posts on longecity. Your posts are well researched and very informative. I know you are a big fan of DHT and I've seen that you even promote the use of Andractim. I thought it was relatively safe too. On paper it shouldn't shut you down with the amounts I was using. I just hope you keep an open mind about this. I'm not the only person who this has happened to.

Comment

Originally posted by newb4321 View Post
            I see that you are area1255. I've followed your posts on longecity. Your posts are well researched and very informative. I know you are a big fan of DHT and I've seen that you even promote the use of Andractim. I thought it was relatively safe too. On paper it shouldn't shut you down with the amounts I was using. I just hope you keep an open mind about this. I'm not the only person who this has happened to.
            That's Correct.
            However, Area-1255 is comprised of many Writer's.
            Corageon is just one Apparatus. One Symbol. The rest are all Associates or Paid Contributors.

As far as DHT, I advocate it, Yes, but it also has to be used properly.
            In your case, the abdominal fat and Anxiety is wreaking havoc on your health. It needs to be remedied. Not trying to be mean - but those two things are probably causing larger endocrine issues than the short span of DHT-use.
            NOW, on the other hand, if you were taking some combination Anabolic supplement like DMZ and then a bunch of other suppressive crap, that would be a different story.

Comment

DHT is the chemical responsible for Penis growth in young pubescent males. DHT cream has scientifically and.clinically to improve erection quality and libido at least. And for those who didn't reach genetic potential mostly see gains. Similar results happen with other chemicals. DHT, Testosterone, IGF-1 and HGH are all essential to penis growth and gains I personally believe. I seen studies and clinical reports I have links too if your interested. I'm not saying use performance enhancing drugs. But theres supplements I've used that are natural that work just as well and are less harmful.

Comment

I have nothing but positive effects with 12% dht

Comment

Care to share?

Comment

You threw your hormones off. Get tested of your full hormone profile.
                    If you still come on here and read this.

Comment

Originally posted by PE Evolution View Post
                      DHT is the chemical responsible for Penis
                      growth in young pubescent males. DHT cream has scientifically and.clinically to improve erection quality and libido at least. And for those who didn't reach genetic potential mostly see gains. Similar results happen with other chemicals. DHT, Testosterone, IGF-1 and HGH are all essential to penis growth and gains I personally believe. I seen studies and clinical reports I have links too if your interested. I'm not saying use performance enhancing drugs. But theres supplements I've used that are natural that work just as well and are less harmful.
                      I think IGF1 is the king hormone to penile growth all of the others basically increase igf1 levels testosterone and its derivative dht alike. However it doesn’t seem possible to get gains outside of your genetic potential on dht it is possible with IGF1 there are also legal alternatives of IGF1 increasing substances. For example IGF1 lr3 can be injected straight into the penis.

Comment

Working...
                      X