Possibly figured out my problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibly figured out my problem

Hello all, Ive suffered from a range of symptoms that have single handedly made my life terrible for the last 3-4 years, symptoms as including ; painful ejaculations, very bad PE, extreme loss of feeling on penis (the worst of all personally), as well as a bunch of urinary symptoms like weakened stream, frequent urination like getting up 2-3 times every night which has resulted in years of poor sleep. And just an overall general feeling of discomfort both in the genital areas but also my entire body.

Anyway to quickly sum up why I think I have these issues is because of posture and body allignment being completely fucked from years of a sedentary lifestyle at the computer.

I not only had a slouched posture, but my pelvis was both twisted AND tilted , lower back muscle non existant, and heres a big one I didnt realize was so important, GLUTES. the ass muscles that i took for granted when I used to play sports which dissapeared after sitting for hours on end I realize play a major role in stabalizing your entire body properly. The next most important for me was the internal abdominals, also non existent. I was also leaning to one side making my pelvis tilted, which also played a role. My neck/upper body were fucked to, same with my shoulders, pretty much my entire body was out of allignment or had a muscle weakness, or tightness in one part or another.

all of these areas, especially the glutes, abdominals, and tilted pelvis, were were each effecting the pelvic floor negatively in their own unique way. Now Im not even close to completely fixing this problem, however, after putting significant work into correcting my alignment and muscle imbalances for my entire body for the last 2 months, and most importantly, activating my internal abdonals, glutes, and fixing my twisted and tilted natural position, i am seeing improvements in all my symptoms. urinating in general is starting
    to feel how I remember it feeling when I never had these issues, which is natural and good, not tense, and uncomfortable, how its been for years. Also having all my internal abdominals activated (not flexed, just stabalizing), and having a perfectly symetrical natural standing or sitting position allows for much easier relaxation of the entire pelvic floor. Im pretty sure that relaxed pelvic floor is the reason I am starting to also get some feeling returned in my penis I had not felt in years, which have given me the most hope i've had for fixing this for years to,

I had an MRI and cystocapy because my doctor thought it might be nerve damage , and the urologist thought it might be scar tissue. I even now see a pelvic floor therapist , who Ive been seeing for several months, but honestly has not helped very much, other then to maybe be more focus'd on fixing this problem in general.

Looking back I'm kind of amazed none of my doctors or therapist ever thought that my posture could be the problem, or ever really paid attention to it in general
    (it was pretty obvious it was quite poor)

I don't frequent the forums as often as I used to but was wondering if maybe anyone had ever heard of something similar , where as these symptoms that so many people complain about on here were improved with posture and alignment correction. Cheers
    seenagin
    Last edited by seenagin; 02-25-2017, 12:07 AM.

Yes this is not unusual .

Of course me siting here in net land I can say the pelvic floor is an issue and this is regarded as radical in itself . I can then say stuff about posterior chain , lower back issues etc . Thing is I can't tell which particular issues a given guy has . So I often recommend to see a physio.

Comment

Would you like to give some details on the training you are doing to recover?

Comment

Wouldn't really call it training to be honest I have just mostly been paying very close attention to my natural standing and sitting positions and trying to get them as close to examples of people with perfect posture on youtube. Specifically the entire spine, top to bottom, as well as the position of the legs,pelvis, hips and ass.
        Even the neck and head position is quite important. One thing that really helped was putting a mirror beside me always so I could actually see if my posture was incorrect. For a long time I would pull myself into what felt like
        proper posture only to realize later looking in the mirror it was still crooked.

In that process I discovered personally my glutes were completely innactive, I mostly did squats for this, and my glutes are still very weak, but are getting better. For my core I mostly did planks. Another very good one was the pillow/towel reverse plank, where you lie on your back, with your butt on the rolled towel/pillow. You then try and keep your body straight as possible while pulling your back, hips,upper back, basically your whole body down. This one specifically I remember I had read somewhere like a year or more ago, helped someone cure pretty much all the symptoms I described , and stupidly I only ever tried this like 1 day then gave up. Im pretty sure If i stuck to it I would have fixed things way back then.

Comment

Only a question: Did hou take any meds anytime in the past? like antidepressants, Propecia/Finasteride, Accutane...?

Comment

One other thing that was quite helpful, that I deffinately need to do more of was proper stretching of knotted sore spots, of which I still have tons. Especially important areas seem to be the hips, hip flexors, glutes, thighs, hamstrings, quads. pretty much your entire leg/pelvis area . also stretching my back/chest/neck and shoulders
            has helped feeling more comfortable overall.

Comment

Originally posted by marksanchez397 View Post
              Only a question: Did hou take any meds anytime in the past? like antidepressants, Propecia/Finasteride, Accutane...?
              No meds ever really, took doxyclyne which i think is similar to accutune , but I only took it for like a month, nothing else notable

Comment

Well this thread could be of interest to other members I hope many read it.

Comment

What treatments in particular did your physiotherapist perform? As you stated earlier, they have helped you to be more conscious in general about the problem which is important but what specifically did they do to address the problems besides education?
                  Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
                  Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
                  4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

A sedentary lifestyle (heavy sitting) and even the strain of using the modern toilet can contribute greatly to this issue.
                    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                      A sedentary lifestyle (heavy sitting) and even the strain of using the modern toilet can contribute greatly to this issue.
                      Yes a factor with siting is it tends to shorten the hip flexors .

Comment

It also shortens the hamstrings and for most it puts the spine in a flexed posture and the sacrum in its extended position which also shortens the PF by placing the coccyx slightly closer to the pubic symphasis, creating the perfect conditions for PF tightness/tension.
                        Aug 2012: BPEL: 6.25", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5.25"
                        Jan 2016: BPEL: 6.75", BPSFL: 6.75", MEG: 5 3/8"
                        4/16/16 BPEL: 7.0", BPSF: 7 7/16"", MEG:5.5

Comment

Originally posted by domnus View Post
                          What treatments in particular did your physiotherapist perform? As you stated earlier, they have helped you to be more conscious in general about the problem which is important but what specifically did they do to address the problems besides education?
                          A whole bunch of things really but most of the emphasis is on relaxation, foam/rolling and stretching of the legs, pelvis, butt, but also the entire body.Mindfullness of urinating and trying to relax when feeling the urge to go. She also does internal massage (lubed finger up the ass) of sore muscle spots. Shes also done hands on massage of my legs, thighs, and glutes.

With all that though, I am kind of dissapointed she wasn't more focus'd on my posture, and natural resting positions both sitting and standing, I mostly discovered that on my own and have seen more improvement to my
                          symptoms through actively fixing that then anything the PF therapist has done.

Ive read alot of personal experiences of people seeing PF physio and not improving really, and Im starting to think thats because alot of these people are adressing the symptom area of the problem (pelvic floor, genitals), and not the root cause of the problem (imbalanced posture and allignment)

Comment

Hmm one would have thought a physio was the ideal person to address posture etc,

Comment

I can definetely relate to this, I sit down a lot, I have a pelvic tilt also. Do you find that when you are out walking that the penis almost shrivels up, and then when your home and lie down, it sort of chubs back up, almost like walking cuts off blood supply due to bad posture?

Comment

Working...
                              X