Supplements with negative effects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Supplements with negative effects?

Hey Fellas, lemme preface my questions by first saying that I've been lurking on the forums here for a few months. I've been following a PE routine for several months now and seen decent results. So, I'd like to thank all of the contributors this forum for the wealth of information I've personally been able to garner!

In particular, my question is about Saw Palmetto. I've read that this supplement is great for the prostate, and that it also helps slow down male pattern baldness. Sadly, I am one of those guys who was unfortunate enough to have the male pattern baldness genes, so the idea of slowing down the loss of my hair is greatly appealing.

Now, the reason the Saw Palmetto allegedly works at slowing this, is because it lowers DHT levels. DHT levels of course being a big contributing factor in hair loss. But, I have also read that DHT is important in maintaining a good EQ.

So, gurus, I ask you; would usage of Saw Palmetto adversely affect EQ?
    12/28/09 bplength 7.25 nonbplength 7.00 midshaftgirth 5.0 baseshaftgirth 5.25

03/22/10 bplength 8.10 nonbplength 7.60 midshaftgirth 5.1 baseshaftgirth 5.50

I lost EQ due to it

I am not a guru, but would share my experience on Saw Palmetto.I am 26 and in good shape. I joined the forum in Nov 09 and had done light PE for 2-3 weeks then. I also started taking Saw Palmetto (2 caps a day) and LArginine (2 caps a day). After that my schedule did not allow me to do PE and more so I was getting lots of sex. So, i stopped PE then. However, I continued taking the supplements/caps.
    FF to Jan 10, I started seeing decrease in my EQ. At one point it became so worse that i could not get erection at all. Was time for me to head back to the forum and start a PE routine. I started my new PE routine on 22 Feb 10 to get my EQ. Read through all the posts of ED section. And stopped all my supplements - both LArginine and Saw Palmetto.

Started Kegelling and drinking the erection tea that Kingpole suggested. And I can feel the difference in 2 weeks. I get morning woods now, my unit looks more healthy and I get erections at will; not rock hard but atleast good enough to have sex. So, I am going to stay away from Arginine and Saw Palmetto for sometime now.

PS - Thanks to KP for guiding me through this recovery and answering all my stupid questions.
    Cheers,
    Adi

Stats:

08 Nov 09:

NBPEL - 5.5"
    EG - 4"

Comment

Working...
    X