Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not been here for a few years - pelvic floor problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not been here for a few years - pelvic floor problems?

So i joined here years ago, asking about my mild ED and how i thought it was pelvic floor ,muscles and stuff.

Im just about to do a no PMO for x days type thing again, made me think of here so i popped by here and saw info in the stickies looks a bit more in depth these days.

The basics:
    im now 30.
    use to masturbate often as a teenager, i think almost always knees out to the side and bottoms of feet together. and like pegasus described in the sticky, also try to finish ASAP...
    by about 19 i knew my EQ was much lower than normal, when i started being with girls after that it was a problem sometimes.
    i know i often regular needed to urinate desperately, looking back i think i avoided tea, coffee etc as it made it worse. one time i literally full on wet myself in the middle of a bar because i couldn't get to the bathroom in time.
    these days things not so bad with the ED/poor EQ, but its not perfect, i also definitely still need to pee too often, i currently drink alot of water but can easily wake up 2 or more times at night needing a pee.
    also good example the other day i went for a drink, 1 drink, needed a pee around the time we were leaving but thought it would be ok, by the time i'd walked about 3 minutes it felt like i was going to piss myself. i just had to go.

currently having a crap time in life, bad anxiety problems, bad depression, unfit etc because ive not been working, i have injured my back.

i have tried kegals in the past but never really known what i should/shouldn't be doing and how often etc. i think i remember them making EQ much worse sometimes.

any advice on anything to do/not do would be great, im currently trying to do some things for 'self improvement'

First, consult with a doctor about ALL of your concerns. You have a lot to look in to.

Write up a list or print your post so that your doctor can not miss anything.
    also see both posts #1, and #2 here:

https://www.pegym.com/forums/challen...ead-first.html
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

thanks, been to many doctors for many reasons, i usually end up feeling worse and with no help, so no i think i need to do something myself. i probably had some anxiety before, but doctors is when my depression started getting bad.

thanks, i read them, and seems like sound advice, but someone with long term anxiety and depression should do nothing? Not too interested by PE and/or size increases to be honest and that seemed to mainly refer to that?

Comment

You can proceed as you so decide. I'd be negligent not to first cover that aspect; concerning a doctor.

My first concern would be, if I were you, is bladder control. Certainly a Urologist's specialty, I would think.

Pelvic floor muscles might be involved, but I have no idea as to what extent, or if that would not hurt/help that condition.

The depression and anxiety really need to be addressed, else they undercut other efforts that you pursue.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

thanks again for the reply.
          of course Dr should be first port of call, but not really an option me for.
          i visited at least 1 urologist while seeing DRs about ED, to be honest i cant remember if it was mentioned to him, but he seemed very uninterested in helping.
          yeah i guess thats the big question, as things stand at the moment im happy to try something, anything, self diagnosed off the internet, i understand that may help or hurt things.
          i understand that, its been something ive been trying for years, but if we go off the basis that it cant be helped at the moment, but i want to make changes in my life that may make it easier to do something about the depression/anxiety. as mentioned before going to the DR for years and not getting my ED/poor EQ sorted was a massive trigger in my depression and anxiety getting bad, maybe if i can do something myself to help that a little then it would be easier to work on the depression/anxiety

Comment

any other opinions? ive been trying to do 'The HANS protocol', i get the basics there but its a bit hard to follow

Comment

I was going to suggest the Hans Protocol so I'm glad you landed there. On top of that I think back injuries exacerbate allnofnthese things. Get a good yoga/stretching routine from your physical therapist. The more motion you get, retain the better. Focus on lower back, abs, pelvis and thighs. Strong flexible core helps abton. Excersizes and diet are extremely important also. Pull the physical back together as much as possible and it can help the mental. Do Not Forget The Mental. Both are vital. You can do it.
              ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Thanks.
                i dont have a physio at the moment, but i am trying to do as much of the physio class at home when i feel up to it, its tough though as it feels like the more i do the more pain im in. i am trying to sign up for some weekly classes if money wise it works out, probably tai chi and a back specific yoga class or pilates, any other suggestions on what a some good exercise i can do (preferably at home) would be great.

Comment

so 5 days after first coming back here and reading the HANS protocol etc, ive realised i still have bad PF habits and involuntary kegels, just keep noticing more and more now im thinking about it, so i guess thats the first thing ill be working on but i still find the HANS thread a bit hard to follow. any tips would be much appreciated.

Comment

Post your questions on the Hans Protocol thread.
                    ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Working...
                    X