Can't get a boner after Shockwave therapy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't get a boner after Shockwave therapy

I've started my shockwave therapy yesterday and since then I did not get a boner, which wasn't too scary, I rarely get nocturnal erections, spontaneous or morning erections, the problem is I can't even get an erection by stimulation, it does not fill up over 30%, which is not normal in my case, I could get 80-90% with stimulation normally.
    After the treatment my penis felt so shocked and beaten up, no redness or anything visible, I was aware that is normal.
    I do not have hard flaccid but my sensitivity decreased, my penis feels quite numb right now.
    The only reason I'm posting this here, that I can't speak with the doctor until Monday and thought I could maybe get some advice or just leave this here for people who end up in a similar situation in the future.

Before the therapy I've made good progress, reached decent to nearly decent erections in a range of 80-90% hardness.
    Right now I popped some pde5i and used some SR cream to see what happens.

I'm not scared or freaked out, this was the last thing I was expecting, the doctor who does the treatment is extremely strict and precise, but he did not mention anything about the chance that my condition could get worse, I've been told that in his experience, the therapy has about a 50% success rate . I'm hoping that this is only temporary, but wonder what the doc or you guys gonna say about further treatments.

It is in effect tired from what happened rest it.

Comment

Thanks Pegasus, it does feel tired, but 2-3 weeks nofap is going to be a strange challenge because I have 4 treatments left if the doc says we should carry on regardless of my current condition. The furthest I've ever gone with nofap is like 4 or 5 days .
      The good thing is I feel some more unusual action happening down there, I feel damage but not pain the shaft and a healing sensation at the spot where I got injured by a bike seat on my pelvic floor, it feels like scars healing.

Comment

Wishing you a speedy recovery/rest & relaxation. Try not to drive yourself batty.
        Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
        Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Thanks Dangler I take your advice, I have messed my body up several times in my life, the last thing I want to do is to make things worse again.

Comment

For future readers here is a quick update: I've been to the clinic for my 2nd out of 5 planned treatments, but my report to the doctor made me and him worried. The doctor suggested that we should not carry on with the treatment if I experienced adverse effects right after the first treatment .

The adverse effects were dull / numb penis for a few days (feeling like my dick got electrocuted), wasn't able to get an erection, not even with stimulation for 48 hours. I still have a slight pain in my penis during masturbation and I hope it will go away slowly.

Unfortunately the doc didn't care to explain why or how could have this happen, I might be a rare case, one of the few who's body reacts negatively to the treatment. I'm a bit disappointed that there is no doctor or accepted mainstream treatment that could help me improve my erection quality.

For now, I'm going to stick to my own routine of pelvic floor exercises, some jelqing and a set of nutritional supplements.

Comment

Get well soon, Ron.
              How fair is thy love, my sister, my spouse! how much better is thy love than wine! and the smell of thine ointments than all spices! ~ Song of Solomon 4:10

For things to change, you have to change.” - Jim Rohn, The Art of Exceptional Living

Comment

Thanks

Comment

So did your problem resolve after the Shockwave treatment?

Comment

Originally posted by persist View Post
                    So did your problem resolve after the Shockwave treatment?
                    Mine didn't, in my case the shockwave therapy had adverse effects so we stopped it after the first session . The adverse effects like loss of sensation and sensitive shaft were gone in about 10 days .
                    This was one year ago, here is my recent thread about what helped:
                    https://www.pegym.com/forums/erectil...cillation.html

Angion method and in my case I use diluted oil solution to counteract my pelvic floor tension (it's lemongrass oil mostly, diluted)

Comment

That’s regrettable you had that experience after your first treatment. I know a few people who had the Gaines wave/shockwave therapy and had very good results. In fact, I know one individual who after three treatments continued on and had a total of 12 treatments over 18 months. I also know there are some studies in Europe where this is one of the primary methods of treating erectile dysfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by Azmike View Post
                        That’s regrettable you had that experience after your first treatment. I know a few people who had the Gaines wave/shockwave therapy and had very good results. In fact, I know one individual who after three treatments continued on and had a total of 12 treatments over 18 months. I also know there are some studies in Europe where this is one of the primary methods of treating erectile dysfunction.
                        During my consultation with the doctor, he told me the success rate is very roughly 50% with his patients.
                        I took my 50% chance and I ended up in the group of people who experienced adverse effects.
                        My personal experience and during the years of trying to fix this, doctors offered ZERO help .
                        I was reading this forum for days and days with no end, until I found out and figured out ways to fix my problems, I can finally move one and feel happy and relieved.

Comment

Working...
                        X