Bike riding and erection problems ?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike riding and erection problems ?!

Hi all, could bike riding cause erection problems due to pressure / shock done to PF ?

I ve read a thread here about such an issue and never thought of this. My problems somewhat coresponded with a period when I have bought a bike, and I really rided it a lot like 1 full year. Could there be any link or pure coincidence ? Could PF be afected by the bike ?

Opinions links ? tx

from the annals of the archives:

https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...e-problem.html
    Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
    Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Cycling is a great low-impact exercise, which is ideal for many older men. But can putting in miles in the saddle cause temporary erectile difficulties? It depends.
      According to a Harvard Special Health Report, Erectile Dysfunction: How medication, lifestyle changes, and other therapies can help you conquer this vexing problem, the Massachusetts Male Aging Study found that in certain circumstances, bike riding can damage nerves and compress arteries in the penis, which may lead to erectile problems. The risk was highest among men who cycled more than three hours a week.
      The reason cycling may cause ED is that the seat puts constant pressure on the perineum—the area between the genitals and anus. This pressure can harm nerves and temporarily slow blood flow, which causes tingling or numbness in the penis and, eventually, ED.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...le-dysfunction
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

It really depends on how many hours you do a day, depends on the saddle and how much you lean forward. With road bikes bad roads can beat up your PF really badly and it gets even worse if you have weight on you like a backpack or a courier bag . There are many more factors with the seat and bike setup.
        I've been riding bikes for my whole life , what fcked me up was doing it as a job abroad for 16 months, I should have never done it .
        I'm getting better 9 years later.
        I think in certain situations for certain people cycling can fck your PF up and good bye good erections, so you yes that could have affected your EQ.

I personally never going to ride any bike ever that has a saddle , next month I'm getting a custom made roller bike or scooter bike .
        In my situatation fck cycling at this point, sorry for my French

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
          Cycling is a great low-impact exercise, which is ideal for many older men. But can putting in miles in the saddle cause temporary erectile difficulties? It depends.
          According to a Harvard Special Health Report, Erectile Dysfunction: How medication, lifestyle changes, and other therapies can help you conquer this vexing problem, the Massachusetts Male Aging Study found that in certain circumstances, bike riding can damage nerves and compress arteries in the penis, which may lead to erectile problems. The risk was highest among men who cycled more than three hours a week.
          The reason cycling may cause ED is that the seat puts constant pressure on the perineum—the area between the genitals and anus. This pressure can harm nerves and temporarily slow blood flow, which causes tingling or numbness in the penis and, eventually, ED.

https://www.health.harvard.edu/stayi...le-dysfunction
          Ok I will sell my bike now.

How can I fix the issues done by bike to my PF / nerves / veins ?

Comment

I rode a bike from the age of 10 till I was about 16+, and never had any problems even riding what was called a sports saddle, the long and very thin saddles what we all had with drop down handle bars, and we spent hours on them, went fishing on them carried back packs with our fishing gear in, and did so much more.

So why now are guys getting these problems and from only one year? just how much cycling was they doing?

NOWHARD
            Last edited by NOWHARD; 01-06-2019, 05:43 AM.

Comment

I cycled every day last year from about sep. to dec. It was a mtn bike with dual suspension. Stretching your legs MUST be part of your cycling regimen. Otherwise your hamstrings tighten up and that cant be good for your pf either. I never got ed from riding. There are very fit guys who ride, even old guys. I wouldn't go ahead and give up the hobby/sport altogether.
              "I will lick my dick"

Comment

summary of my findings when I went through this last year:

"Bike seats and Simple solutions
                You don’t have to give up biking to preserve your sexual function. In fact, you can break the vicious cycle of biking and sexual dysfunction by taking a few simple precautions.
                • Don’t use a racing seat with a long narrow nose. Pick a wide seat, ideally with plenty of padding. Special gel-filled and shock-absorbing seats are even available.
                • Don’t tilt your seat upward, a position that increases pressure on the perineum.
                • Be sure your seat is at the correct height, so your legs aren’t completely extended at the bottom of your pedal stroke.
                • For extra protection, consider wearing padded biking pants.
                • Raise the handlebars so you are sitting more upright.
                • Shift your position and take breaks during long rides.

Above all, be alert for early warning symptoms. If you experience tingling or numbness in your “privates”, get off your bike. If the problem recurs even with a broad, padded, well-positioned seat, consider switching to a recumbent bike.
                Perhaps the best advice is to make biking part of a balanced fitness program instead of relying on it exclusively. Alternate riding with walking, jogging or swimming. Climb off your stationary bike and get on a treadmill, elliptical trainer, stair climber, or rowing machine.
                If biking is your “thing,” mix it up. Exercising a few simple precautions will ensure that your passion for exercise doesn’t interfere with your passion in the bedroom
                ."

"The 'No-Nose' Seat

... encourages men to sit upright when they ride and replace the traditional bicycle saddle with a "no-nose" seat that redistributes a man's weight to the sit bones of the buttocks.
                Serious cyclists who lean forward in a racing position when they ride claim they need the nose to achieve more power and control.
                "I don't think you can be a competitive rider and be protected from erectile dysfunction," says Goldstein. "They need that nose between their thighs, and that produces nerve and artery compression."

A proper-fitting bicycle can help prevent these injuries; appropriate frame size, handlebar height, and seat position are all important. A rider may consider changing the angle of the seat, which should be angled parallel to the ground or slightly forward, to help alleviate pressure on the perineum. Wider seats or those designed with a central cutout also help reduce perineal pressure and can help redistribute weight.
                A change in riding style may also help reduce pressure. Standing on the pedals during long rides can prevent pressure and help re-establish blood flow."

https://steemit.com/til/@macksby/til...impotence-what

http://stasosphere.com/experience-li.../#.WP9SEEWGOHs

http://liberalserving.typepad.com/li...eat_erect.html
                03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                Thread
                12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Interesting.

What damage could bike riding cause ? could it be any permanent ? and also what steps can one do to heal the damage ?

Comment

Why ask two lots of questions on the same subject?

NOWHARD

Comment

Guys do be careful as bike riding can raise your PSA, so no bike riding before you go have a PSA blood for 24 hours.

You have been warned.

NOWHARD
                      Last edited by NOWHARD; 01-13-2019, 06:19 AM.

Comment

What is psa ?

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Carter View Post
                          What is psa ?
                          I used the internet -

What is the PSA test? Prostate-specific antigen, or PSA, is a protein produced by normal, as well as malignant , cells of the prostate gland. The PSA test measures the level of PSA in a man’s blood. For this test, a blood sample is sent to a laboratory for analysis.
                          Valued Member of 11 years at the TheBiohacker
                          Looks are deceiving, mirrors don't lie.

Comment

Originally posted by Davis Carter View Post
                            What is psa ?
                            O dear Davis Carter man of the world, who knows everything,I thought.

NOWHARD

Comment

Working...
                            X