L-Citrulline vs 5G vs L-Arginine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L-Citrulline vs 5G vs L-Arginine

If you had to choose for financial reasons or simply for preference, what would you say is the best supplement for penile health and mainly erection quality.

Both short term and long term effects considered.

And why?

Personally, I've been taking 5G (Garlic, Ginseng, Ginger, Gingko, Green tea) for a while now but I'm not sure if its doing anything for me. I've been taking them all in capsule forms. So maybe there is an issue there with capsules.

I however may get a big bag of L-Citrulline or L-Citrulline DL-Malate but that is almost doubling the costs if I were to do both 5G and Citrulline. And I most likely get a lot of the benefits from 5G from other foods too I imagine.

I can't wait to see what others think!
    L-Citrulline
    28.57%
    L-Citrulline DL-Mallate
    28.57%
    L-Arginine
    14.29%
    5G (Ginger, Gingko, Ginseng, Green tea, Garlic)
    28.57%

Given the financial consideration you mention and these choices , I'd go with L-Citrulline. It's metabolized into L-Arginine and in the end does the same thing as L-A. Taking L-A directly can waste it internally if not taken correctly due to the way the body takes it up - which means you may have to spend money on other supplements to optimize the L-A uptake. 5G is good, but given your financial consideration is likely to cost more than L-C and is less convenient.
    Start: BPEL 6.75', EG 5.8", BPFL 4.5", FG 4.7", BPFSL 7.0"
    05/2021: BPEL 7.65”, EG 6.0”, BPFL 5.8”, FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.0"
    Goal: BPEL 8.0", EG 6.0", BPFL 5.75" FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.5"

Comment

I have not used any to this point though I have drunk green tea and used garlic and ginger in food , as food these items are cheap not sure about Gingko and ginseng .

I am interested in peoples thoughts on this for future reference . What are the other health effects of Citrulline and arginine?

Comment

Oh by the way black (aged) garlic is particularly good for general health.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          I have not used any to this point though I have drunk green tea and used garlic and ginger in food , as food these items are cheap not sure about Gingko and ginseng .
          Exactly!

Sure I bet there are benefits to the food based supplements but I imagine we get a lot of those already thanks to food. Plus they are moderately inexpensive.

But L-C however is harder to get naturally. I think I was reading one thread over how someone got L-C by eating the skin of a watermelon. Sounds like quite the chore and watermelons aren't available all year round.

Originally posted by Physdoc View Post
          Given the financial consideration you mention and these choices , I'd go with L-Citrulline. It's metabolized into L-Arginine and in the end does the same thing as L-A. Taking L-A directly can waste it internally if not taken correctly due to the way the body takes it up - which means you may have to spend money on other supplements to optimize the L-A uptake. 5G is good, but given your financial consideration is likely to cost more than L-C and is less convenient.
          Thanks. It seems MOST people tend to favor L-C over L-A. Are there any others besides those listed that you would recommended above L-C? L-C seems to be the #1 recommended aside from L-A.

Comment

I am a big advocate of the 5G tea. I compile some information on the ingredients in this post.

That being said, I have been without Gingko for a while. But I do have L-Arginine, so I am taking 4G + Arginine daily.

I have logged details about this before in my thread, but I'll outline briefly my take. I do not much notice when I go off the 5G. Generally once or twice a year I'll take a few weeks and not take any supplements. One time a year back, I think, over a few weeks I started to take the Gs one by one, adding up to a finally week with all 5. I found that the combination seems to make a difference, and that Ginseng was the one that really made an EQ difference.

These days I take the 4G most days, and I sometimes forget the Arginine. Then I'll be edging later and feel a little more difficulty, then I'll remember I forgot to take the Arginine.

Or on the other side, once in a while I'll edge on Saturday or Sunday (no supplements) and feel that I have to work a little more to get to 100% EQ. I worry, then think may be I need a few dats off, etc. Then Monday rolls around and I do the 5G (or 4G + Arginine) and I get this rock hard 101% EQ erection in seconds.

One more observation: for sex it does not matter. 5G, 4G, Arginine, no Arginine. 7 days a week, etc. When the wife says "Do you want to..." I get hard. Real hard.

Even though on the days I don't do any supplements I will have this concern in the back of my mind that I won't get it up, or it will be a lesser EQ, if the wife wants it. However, I have not had a problem in years.
            03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
            Thread
            12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Any ginseng you prefer incog?

Comment

Originally posted by JGUIDO View Post
                Thanks. It seems MOST people tend to favor L-C over L-A. Are there any others besides those listed that you would recommended above L-C? L-C seems to be the #1 recommended aside from L-A.
                It's hard to list them by priority as the stuff I take/consume interact with and/or enhance each other. Also depends on what sexual health benefits you're going for. I take L-lysine to balance the L-A (take them hours apart). I also use Horny Goat Weed, Maca, Lecithin, Pygeum and Saw Palmetto. Foods I keep on hand include oysters (pretty easy and cheap canned), peanuts, spinach, walnuts, celery, and a few others. We use garlic in about every meal we make. All the other 5 Gs are good, too, but I don't currently have them in my stack.
                Start: BPEL 6.75', EG 5.8", BPFL 4.5", FG 4.7", BPFSL 7.0"
                05/2021: BPEL 7.65”, EG 6.0”, BPFL 5.8”, FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.0"
                Goal: BPEL 8.0", EG 6.0", BPFL 5.75" FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.5"

Comment

The only supplements that that aid in generating only a chubby with my ED are l-Argentine and tong kat Ali.
                  Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                  12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                  12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                  01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                  01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                  01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                  Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Does citruliine do away with the need for a balancing amino like is needed for Arginine.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                      Any ginseng you prefer incog?
                      Korean Red Ginseng is the only one I get around here. I just buy whatever tea brand is available at the market. Sometimes we get the dried root, eat it as is. Its like dates or dried figs.

Ginger is the same, I get the tea from the shop downstairs. Its sliced ginger in honey.
                      Thread

Comment

I have drunk ginseng wine but can't seem to get it here .

Comment

Ginseng wine is not uncommon. Even better is ginseng soju.
                          Thread

Comment

That is a spirit from memory . The terms are used loosly anyway much of the ginseng "wine " I rank was based on rum or rhum if you prefer .

Comment

I got some Citrulline Malate in powder form.

I'll use that for a while and give it my vote for the time being. I'll definitely try and write about my experience with it a month or two from now.

So far I still enjoy reading what others have to say regarding this topic.

Comment

Working...
                              X