Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the Cause of ED?

Rex Hopper
    Last edited by Rex Hopper; 01-03-2013, 06:08 AM.

I think that vascular disease, neurological disease, and side effects of medications are all vastly more common causes of ED than are disorders of pelvic floor musculature: Causes of Impotence - Erectile Dysfunction - Urology Channel

Comment

Rex Hopper
      Last edited by Rex Hopper; 01-03-2013, 06:08 AM.

Comment

Rex Hopper
        Last edited by Rex Hopper; 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

I'm not really good at explaining my thoughts to others but i will give it a try. Aging is normal process, meaning everyone goes through it (grey hair, wrinkly skin etc.). It's the body's physiologic process. The fact that not every older guy will eventually have ED by definition means it is not a condition of old age but a pathologic condition (disease state). I think I've read the number is 25% of men will not experience abnormal normal erectile functioning in their lifetime (or into old age).

Decreased PF muscle mass is an example of such pathologic condition. But in my mind, I can only imagine that to be a HUGE secondary case to another primary cause (dec. testosterone, lack of kegel exercise, arterial insufficency, nerve damage)
          My Progress

Comment

For those who are interested in the pathophysiology of ED you can check these links: Discovery Health "Erectile Dysfunction"
            and: Erectile dysfunction: Causes - MayoClinic.com
            which are written in layman's language that most here will understand.

Here is a reasonably decent complete article from the British Journal of Diabetes and Vascular Disease which is available free online: Pathophysiology of erectile dysfunction ? British Journal of Diabetes & Vascular Disease
            This may be too technical for most, buy I think many will not have too much trouble with the "Conclusion" section of this article which I will copy here:
            "Conclusion:
            The pathophysiological mechanisms involved in the development
            of erectile dysfunction are many and varied. A number of mechanisms
            may be active in an individual, and nowhere is this more
            true than in men with diabetes. Around 50% of diabetic men
            can expect to develop ED, and pathophysiological mechanisms
            involved include peripheral autonomic neuropathy, large vessel
            atheroma, small vessel microangiopathy, endothelial dysfunction
            and psychological disorders.
            In the general population, the commonest causes of ED are
            vascular, and there is increasing evidence that the risk factors for
            atherosclerosis, namely hypertension, smoking, hyperlipidaemia
            and diabetes, are all strongly associated with ED. This has two
            important consequences. Firstly, control of these risk factors
            might be expected to reduce the risk of ED. Second, when men
            do present with ED, it is important to identify these risk factors,
            not only to potentially improve the ED, but also to try to prevent
            other future cardiovascular sequelae."

You will note that deterioration of the pelvic floor musculature does not appear as an etiology for ED in any of these sources.

Comment

Rex Hopper
              Last edited by Rex Hopper; 01-03-2013, 06:09 AM.

Comment

i know i can't totaly relax my pf muscle cause my urologist said so,cause i went to him out of urinal problems.and i know my dick wont stay hard for more then 10 sec without stimulation.should kegals or towel raises help?

Comment

Erectile Dysfunction is defined as the inability to achieve or maintain an erection sufficient for mutually satisfying intercourse. Erectile Dysfunction impacts more than a man's sexual activity. The emotions and uncertainties that coincide with this condition often have a significant effect on a man's self-esteem, as well as and his relationship with his partner. Although the incidence of Erectile Dysfunction increases with age, it is not an inevitable result of aging. Erectile Dysfunction is a secondary condition linked to many medical conditions.

Comment

Working...
                  X