Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

blood presure change from sitting to standing..what's it mean?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blood presure change from sitting to standing..what's it mean?

so people say to see if your blood pressure changes from when you are sitting to when you are standing..what does that do? whats it mean if it goes from low to high, or high to low? or what if it stays the same?

this is all in regards bc i cant get an erection when standing, or i lose it when i go from sitting to standing
    Starting Measurements (11/5/2011)
    FL:4
    FG:4 9/16
    NBPEL: 5 15/16
    BPEL: 6.5
    EG: 5 7/16

When sitting, the legs (large muscles), abs, back, and other areas of your body aren't in need of as much blood as they would when you stand up. It could just be that your body is relaxing the erection when larger muscle groups start demanding that blood.

Comment

well why does it seem like everyone can get hard standing up no problem, or dont lose their erections when they get up?

Comment

All people are different. Some people get better blood flow when standing compared to sitting.

Do you actually have low blood pressure?

Comment

i have no idea

Comment

The blood pressure normally decreases when you go from a sitting or lying down position to a standing position for physical reasons, mainly because of the gravity and the fact that the return of the blood to the heart from the veins is more difficult. While this decrease in BP is real (but should be less than 20 mmHg), there's no decrease in cardiac flow because of a reflex increase in heart rate.
            You're wrong learntolift: I saw many members complaining that they could get an erection sitting but that it subsided whenever they wanted to stand up. I take it that, in your case, maybe the BP decreases a bit more than it normally does. When you stand up, in the seconds following, do you happen to feel dizzy and something see sparkles? Strengthening your PC muscle will definitely help and you could consider using a cockring when you want to stand up and keep your erection... Besides this, I don't have much idea oh what you should do...
            Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

to keep the erection, in any situation, do u just kegel over and over to pump as much blood as you can into the penis? is that the key to getting erections when needed? other than physical stimulation, etc. of course

Comment

Originally posted by Learntolift View Post
                to keep the erection, in any situation, do u just kegel over and over to pump as much blood as you can into the penis? is that the key to getting erections when needed? other than physical stimulation, etc. of course
                You can do strong kegels from time to time, but not too many or else you'll tire your PC muscle and it is not good at all for EQ. Physical stimulation if you can will give the best results... and keep in mind the idea of using a cockring if it's not enough.
                Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries que mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes.

Comment

Good advice but be careful with the cockring - prolonged use will have you dependent on it for erections - and that's counterproductive to where you want to be.
                  Old Gym Log - Tracking progress with the iLogPE App
                  "Wherever you go, there you are. Stay sexy, my friends."

Comment

i wouldnt ever use a cockring i remember hearing its unhealthy for you to trap blood like that

well if my blood pressure does change when sitting vs standing, are there medications to take to keep it the same? or what do you do about that

Comment

Sorry for coming into this late, you have been given good advice. As far as the cock-ring goes many men use them with no ill effects. The key to safe use is not too tight for too long.

The blood pressure issue is an other matter. The is such a thing as Orthostatic Hypotention and it is often directly related to being intravascularly fluid volume depleted. In your case it sounds more chronic and as normalguy has previously stated a small drop in blood pressure and increase in heart rate is normal, for you it seem more symptomatic.

The bottom line on this is, go see your Doctor and have a blood pressure work up and yes the is a lot that can be done. Do tell your Dr. about your erection change when standing.
                      ​The enemy of good is not bad
                      The enemy of good is better

Comment

Working...
                      X