Erectile dysfunction and the pelvic floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erectile dysfunction and the pelvic floor

Ok guys there are a number of reasons for ed , however one I think hasn't recieved much attention is pelvic floor issues.

The cutting edge of mainstream medicine, is starting to look at pelvic floor weakness as an ed cause. They seem to be correct, some ed is caused by pelvic floor weakness and improved by doing kegels.
    However I believe that some ed is caused by pelvic floor spasm which can be worsened by standard kegels. Of course much ed is caused by other factors alltogether.

My time is limited , so I am looking for cases that (a) would like to work with me and (b) fit a pelvic floor issue profile.

In regard to (b) do you have ED that appears to have no hormonal or pysc cause? Do you have issues with urination? Have kegels made your ed worse? Did you engauge in prolonged masturbation or sex?

In regard to myself, I make no claim in regard to education, I am not a doctor.

You can talk and ask me all you want. Check my thread "4 year old loss of sensation" if I could maybe fit your profile. I believe I do.

Im not sure if pelvic floor issues are the cause of my ED. Anyways, this is a very interesting topic for me. I feel spasm in my pelvic floor. And by mastrubating/small kegeling through mastrubation through all my years, I have not felt any improvements.

Thats the reason Im gonna try reverse kegels now. (whats interesting is how it feels like Im almost about to connect to some of my old sensations when I reverse kegel in erect state!) Anyone with knowledge with how long it will take me to reverse a bad pelvic floor? Obito also talks about physical therapy of the pelvic floor. But Im not familiar with it.

EDIT: what do you have in mind? put me on some kinda pelvic floor kegel program of a sort? I'd be into that. Need some pushing to follow through!

Interesting field for me. Lets find enlightment all!
    rokenone
    Last edited by rokenone; 06-17-2011, 08:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
      Ok guys there are a number of reasons for ed , however one I think hasn't recieved much attention is pelvic floor issues.

The cutting edge of mainstream medicine, is starting to look at pelvic floor weakness as an ed cause. They seem to be correct, some ed is caused by pelvic floor weakness and improved by doing kegels.
      However I believe that some ed is caused by pelvic floor spasm which can be worsened by standard kegels. Of course much ed is caused by other factors alltogether.

My time is limited , so I am looking for cases that (a) would like to work with me and (b) fit a pelvic floor issue profile.

In regard to (b) do you have ED that appears to have no hormonal or pysc cause? Do you have issues with urination? Have kegels made your ed worse? Did you engauge in prolonged masturbation or sex?

In regard to myself, I make no claim in regard to education, I am not a doctor.
      I'll tell you all about me I think this is my problem, see my thread.

Many reasons why this problem 'fits' my symptoms, including:
      urinating doesn't feel right since having ED, especially difficult to push out the last bit of urine, and often end up kegeling to push it out.
      Doing regular kegels doesn't seem to help and after a couple of days of doing them possible loss of EQ, also if I have an erection and hold a kegel for maybe 5 seconds I have no improvement of hardness (stands up more) then when released is ALOT softer than before.
      'involuntary' kegels during urinating and masterbating, I put this down to bad habits aswell as unbalanced pelvic floor.
      Generally healthy 23 year old, no bad hormonal issues etc docs have picked up on.

May not be perfect 'test' as I probably have other issues related to it. I have been very depressed since going to and from doctors appointments for nearly a year, and my self confidence is at an all time low, causing anxiety/stress. I have read tensions can build up in the pelvic floor, a bit like tensions headaches. Although I am working hard to overcome the depression etc as well as trying to find solutions to ED.

Hope that makes sense,
      C

Comment

Welcome guys, my idea was to work out if you needed a a kegel or reverse kegel weighted routine and then monitor/help it's implementation.
        Another thing I would like you to do, is check the state of your pelvic floor during sex/masturbation. Be mindfull of any sort of spasm or kegel.

Comment

Welcome guys, my idea was to work out if you needed a a kegel or reverse kegel weighted routine and then monitor/help it's implementation.
          Another thing I would like you to do, is check the state of your pelvic floor during sex/masturbation. Be mindfull of any sort of spasm or kegel.
          Lots of involuntary kegels for me. For example I had to bend down and pick something off the floor and I couldn't bend without pulling up my pelvic floor, is that normal?

During masterbation- I think until about 2 weeks ago I held a medium kegel all the way through, partly down to the position I was in. When I masterbate I get strong involuntary kegels, more frequent the closer I get to finishing. I am now trying to not do these involuntary kegels, and have found holding a reverse kegel helps a bit. Holding a reverse kegel throu masterbation makes it difficult/longer to finish, but greatly reduces number of involuntary kegels, and MAY help me stay a bit harder (5-10% max)

I generally masterbate once every day or 2, should I rest more than this?
          I will keep you updated

Oh and another thing I read about unbalanced pelvic floor is weak ejaculation, described as dribbling not shooting, which I have had I guess about the same amount of time as ED.

Comment

I wanna work with you.
            i get kegel spasm often, always when i pee,
            i think im doing like 100-200 kegel trough the day, without really knowing it.

Comment

Originally posted by justwannabebig View Post
              I wanna work with you.
              i get kegel spasm often, always when i pee,
              i think im doing like 100-200 kegel trough the day, without really knowing it.
              When do you feel/ notice them? 100-200 sounds a lot, but I am noticing more and more, it wouldn't surprise me if i did that many.

Comment

I find it very hard to reverse kegel as easily as kegel. I cant really reverse kegel in all positions like I can with kegel.

Are you supposed to be able to get all your pee out without kegeling at the end? You reverse kegel to pee, and at end you do normal kegel to push out the last bit remaining in penis. Isnt that how it should be? Or am I really unbalanced?

What kind of routine would you suggest? Should I mastrubate? How much should the reverse kegel be focused on the ass area? Is this relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by ED 1987 View Post
                  When do you feel/ notice them? 100-200 sounds a lot, but I am noticing more and more, it wouldn't surprise me if i did that many.
                  everytime i pee.. i cant get the last bit out if i dont kegel...
                  shit i can not help it. even if i try not to kegel, i fail and kegel anyway..
                  also when i masterbaude, then i always get spasm kegels..
                  even sometime when i sit here at the computer, and really feel whats going on down there,
                  then i think i feels like hold a very mild kegel al the time.

also like rokenone mention, i find it verry hard to reverse kegel, and i kind a have to hold my breathe to get a probler reverse kegel in.

Comment

If you start doing revers kegels(rk) in the position that is easy ,you can work into other positions over time. Many guys do a small amount of kegel (1 or 2 contractions) at the end of urination.
                    Sex or masturbation is ok ,but I want you to be mindfull of what is going on.
                    Rk are felt in the lower stomach and in the taint area, there are actually 2 forms, however most guys when they begin can't seperate them ,this is ok.
                    Begining with a small routine and 1 sec contractions with 1 sec between ,your starting routine should have 50% each of kegel and reverse.
                    Report findings.

Comment

Okay thanks peg, gonna start this tomorrow, as the only penis training.
                      how many should i start out doing?

50reverse 50normal?

Comment

If you start doing revers kegels(rk) in the position that is easy ,you can work into other positions over time. Many guys do a small amount of kegel (1 or 2 contractions) at the end of urination.
                        Sex or masturbation is ok ,but I want you to be mindfull of what is going on.
                        Rk are felt in the lower stomach and in the taint area, there are actually 2 forms, however most guys when they begin can't seperate them ,this is ok.
                        Begining with a small routine and 1 sec contractions with 1 sec between ,your starting routine should have 50% each of kegel and reverse.
                        Report findings.
                        I find I can really lessen the need to kegel at the end of urination, by reaching under ( to perineum) and pushing up- pushes the last it of urine out.

I think I am very lucky- although not very easy I think I can already separate the 2 reverse kegels. I have done yoga for a couple of years and that probably helps me understand my body and isolate muscles.

Comment

The number should such that you can handle both K and rk without strain at this point. As you increase the number and it becomes difficult you will need to have rest days.

Comment

Originally posted by rokenone View Post
                            I find it very hard to reverse kegel as easily as kegel. I cant really reverse kegel in all positions like I can with kegel.

Are you supposed to be able to get all your pee out without kegeling at the end? You reverse kegel to pee, and at end you do normal kegel to push out the last bit remaining in penis. Isnt that how it should be? Or am I really unbalanced?

What kind of routine would you suggest? Should I mastrubate? How much should the reverse kegel be focused on the ass area? Is this relevant?
                            i dont know if normla kegling is same as edging but all my life i used to stop when i reached the point of orgasm nd start masterbating again...i have similar kind of issue as rokenone..i can easily do normal kegel but it seems almost impossible to feel reverse kegel..i find difficulty starting pissing..i have to push hard by holding my breath and pressing my stomach to be able to piss..i tried reverse kegel but i feel nothing..after knowing that my way of pissing is wrong...nowadays im trying to relax and breath normally and piss but it takes lots of times (almost 30 minutes)to finish pissing and i make sure there is no pressure on my other organs..and what i notice is that i cant piss continuously and during pissing it stops suddenly cause normal kegel occurs and pissing stops and i have to start all over.i have no control over the kegel and it occurs automatically during pissing. i have stopped masterbating...
                            i dont know what to do to be able to do reverse kegel and im trying but it seems it is almost impossible to reverse kegel and normal kegeling is easy and at all the positions...
                            another thing i have noticed is that i tried normal kegling two days ago and i starting getting morning woods which i didnt have for a long time..but i was confused that i did normal kegling and i got back my morning erection...but i was thinking i should focus on reverse kegel and why i got morning erection by performing this normal kegel.
                            my docotor has prescribed me whith Tamsulosin 400mcg and i'm thinking of trying it as he said it helps in relaxing the muscles but i am still hesitant regarding it.
                            it would be nice if you can give me some suggestions on how can i be able to do reverse kegels without holding my breath or without the help of other organs which i do when i piss...

Comment

also another thing i forgot to tell is that..when i finish pissing there are still some urine left in the bladder..my urologist has did a kind of check after asking me to piss..and then he used a machine to check if my bladder is empty or not and he said there are still urine in ur bladder....

Comment

Working...
                              X