Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medication and ED

Greetings,
    I am 47 years old, and a new participant to the forum. I have an issue dealing with ED. Until recently I had a full and strong erection, but now I an no longer fully hard. I masturbate almost daily, so I may have had this problem for sometime because I can still ejaculate while not fully erect. I recently spent time with my lady and have had trouble penetrating her because I was not fully erect. I currently take a slew of medications for high blood pressure. After consulting my doctor I was informed that I could not take certain penile enhancements because I am taking nitrides for my blood pressure. Are there any enhancements or suggestions that can restore and/or improve my sexual performance, as well as increase my size while still being able to take my BP meds? Any constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by themorn2112 View Post
    Greetings,
    Are there any enhancements or suggestions that can restore and/or improve my sexual performance, as well as increase my size while still being able to take my BP meds? Any constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Don't know if my remedy is of any help to you or not, but I was on high blood pressure pills for quite some time. Decided to research ways to eliminate them from my life. Overall, it took nearly a year, and a radical change in my diet (which is permanent), and now my blood pressure is lower then it's ever been and I'm off the meds. This has made my erections much stronger and longer lasting (with the exception of a minor injury to a blood vessel that I'm recovering from).

There is a great deal of literature available on the web about how to use diet as a means to control not just high blood pressure, but high cholesterol as well (which I was also on medication for). I'm 46 years old, and currently in better health then any time in the last 20 years.

Several major changes I made to my diet were the reduction of sodium (down to below 1500mg per day) and a radical increase in potassium (try to get over 4000mg per day, not easy). With potassium, don't waste time on supplements, they don't have nearly the bio-availability as food and the usual content of potassium per pill is low. Additionally I lost much of my body fat (I would estimate I'm down below 8-10% but have not had it measured). Like I said, it is a radical change. I am religious about keeping a food diary (I use an iPhone app to track everything that I eats and drink apart from water and green tea). Also as a permanent change, I restrict myself to 1500kcal per day. When you're on such a low calorie count, you have to be dogmatic about which calories you eat. There's no room for any kind of crap food (and I include things like breads and rices to be crap food, low in nutrients and high in calories).

You have to be passionate, no doubt about it. But if you do it gradually, making a few changes to your diet each month, it's not bad. Once you make the change, you don't ever want to go back to eating bad food again.

It's not a quick solution, but if you're into PE, then you're probably used to being dedicated.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    DATE- JAN FEB MAR APR MAY JUN JUL
    BPFSL 5.5 5.8 OFF 5.8 6.0 OFF 6.0
    BPEL- --- --- --- 6.1 6.3 --- 6.1
    MSEG- 5.4 --- --- 5.4 --- --- ---

Comment

You have been given great advice on lifestyle changes. Now how about starting the 90 beginners routine and doing some kegals and I bet you'll be happy soon.
      The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Greetings,
        I am 47 years old, and a new participant to the forum. I have an issue dealing with ED. Until recently I had a full and strong erection, but now I an no longer fully hard. I masturbate almost daily, so I may have had this problem for sometime because I can still ejaculate while not fully erect. I recently spent time with my lady and have had trouble penetrating her because I was not fully erect. I currently take a slew of medications for high blood pressure. After consulting my doctor I was informed that I could not take certain penile enhancements because I am taking nitrides for my blood pressure. Are there any enhancements or suggestions that can restore and/or improve my sexual performance, as well as increase my size while still being able to take my BP meds? Any constructive suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
        Are you on Beta Blocker?? Beta blocker can cause ED in patients with hypertension

Comment

As a temporary measure, I suggest using a tight cock ring, which prevents blood from draining from your erect penis. If you kegel while the constriction is in place, you can force in more blood which will help maintain the erection and even slightly increase the engorgement. However, it needs to be removed every 20 minutest to refresh the blood supply. Also sensitivity starts to decline after 10 minutes. If you provide the size of your erect girth, I can provide a good recommendation.

There is also a pumping routine you can do to improve your ED. Send me a PM if you would like details or even ask here if you want.
          Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
          12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
          12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
          01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
          01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
          01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
          Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

@User235
            Thank you for your response and suggestion. Some of the suggestions on diet I do anyway, as recommended by my doctor. I am down to one meal a day to begin with, as well using little to no salt. I also question the change in diet considering that I have performed so well on my old diet up to this point. The only variable that has changed has been my medication and age. The potassium suggestion is very viable and will strongly consider it (I take a multivitamin daily as part of my medication regimen). My mantra has been "what good is it to live a long life if you are not happy living your life"? Once again, thank you for your suggestion. You have given me food for thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
              You have been given great advice on lifestyle changes. Now how about starting the 90 beginners routine and doing some kegals and I bet you'll be happy soon.
              I will be starting this program very soon. Thank you for your prodding.

Comment

Yes, I was getting nocturnal leg cramps--mostly from sitting at this stupid computer --and when I increased my daily water consumption along with a potassium pill or three, the cramps went away.

Start out with jelqing and kegeling. The two will do wonders for your EQ.

I suggest you continue to read the success stories here--along with the "winners" routines.

Welcome to the Gym.

Comment

Originally posted by CUSP82 View Post
                  I will be starting this program very soon. Thank you for your prodding.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlee6 View Post
                    Are you on Beta Blocker?? Beta blocker can cause ED in patients with hypertension
                    Greetings Kenlee6,
                    Yes, I am currently taking Labetalol. Are there any recommendations on offsetting the side effects?

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
                      As a temporary measure, I suggest using a tight cock ring, which prevents blood from draining from your erect penis. If you kegel while the constriction is in place, you can force in more blood which will help maintain the erection and even slightly increase the engorgement. However, it needs to be removed every 20 minutest to refresh the blood supply. Also sensitivity starts to decline after 10 minutes. If you provide the size of your erect girth, I can provide a good recommendation.

There is also a pumping routine you can do to improve your ED. Send me a PM if you would like details or even ask here if you want.
                      Greetings,
                      a Cock ring is new to me. I am about 8" w/a (roughly) 2" girth. I am also new to some of the terminology use here, so I will be doing some research on the exercises and terms. Thank you for your suggestion and offer.

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
                        Yes, I was getting nocturnal leg cramps--mostly from sitting at this stupid computer --and when I increased my daily water consumption along with a potassium pill or three, the cramps went away.

Start out with jelqing and kegeling. The two will do wonders for your EQ.

I suggest you continue to read the success stories here--along with the "winners" routines.

Welcome to the Gym.
                        Greetings,
                        thank you for your response, greeting, and encouragement. I look forward to trying some of the methods suggested to me here and on this forum.

Comment

Greetings Kenlee6,
                          Yes, I am currently taking Labetalol. Are there any recommendations on offsetting the side effects?
                          No wonder...It can be the cause of ur ED..Change to maybe Norvasc

Comment

Working...
                          X