Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sex issues after 50 - libido vs physical issues

I am at this age, 50 yo.
    I just recovered from a tough and long episod of sexual performane anxiety.
    I am not 100% cured but I'm almost there. I put a long post here on this topic.

Now I am interested about another topic that I could name: "Sexual life after 50"
    It is clear that after this age sexual issues start to came up.
    I am just curious to understand what is more common physical issues that prevent penis to work properly or lack of desire because of hormonal changes?

Well, for me physical issues arose (or not) in the form of reduced EQ (erection quality) and that lead me to this site.
    Pirate Diplomacy:
    The art of telling someone to go to hell and having them look forward to the trip.

Remember: If done right, there is no such thing as safe sex.

Comment

Age reeks havoc on the body. As you age, plaque (cholesterol and glucose, for example) builds up in your blood vessels which reduces blood flow. As you age, your T production declines. Age also brings on ailments such as diabetes and thyroid conditions which effect erectile function. I am sure there are many others, but you should get the picture.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

If you're unlucky you get prostate cancer at an early age, have it removed and your dick will never work again.

Cheerful stuff growing old.
        7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
        8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
        8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
        8 X 6 goal
        8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Damage on my blood vessels, decrease in Testosterone, prostate cancer....
          Guys you will lead me in an age related depression.

On the other hand there are older people with very good sexual life.
          Some of them will rate it better than when they were younger.
          Here come my point with libido, as desire is there everything is possible.
          Sex is not only about of a rock hard penis. While you get older you could start enjoying a larger platform of sexual activities in a relaxing and healthy way.
          Penis performance is important but, in my opinion, should not be considered like the only gate for happiness.

Comment

Didn't mean to depress you, SebiS. Although I suffer from most of the issues mentioned in my earlier post, I do indeed have a more active sex life at 70 plus than I did when I was younger. Only now I need assistance from pills, injections, pumps, and constriction. Where there is a will there's a way and I have lots of will.
            Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
            12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
            12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
            01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
            01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
            01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
            Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
              Didn't mean to depress you, SebiS. Although I suffer from most of the issues mentioned in my earlier post, I do indeed have a more active sex life at 70 plus than I did when I was younger. Only now I need assistance from pills, injections, pumps, and constriction. Where there is a will there's a way and I have lots of will.
              Well, this is something else. I did not know you are 70+.
              I love to believe that older life means not sexless life.
              Of course there are a lot of barriers like diseases or lack of desire from your spouse (once she got to menopause) and so on.
              In my case there are also some anxieties I have and sometimes I am searching for psychological support like "Don't have to be that way".
              I intend to start kegel exercises I read about on this forum as a way to improve my sexual desire.
              In fact what I want is:
              - to improve and keep my desire for sex
              - to understand what are pure physical issues that come with older age, work on them and eventually accept them as limitation in case nothing can be done to reduce their effect
              - to understand psychological issues triggered by anxiety and learn to cope with them. (as example lack of confidence based on some sexual failure and also based on other low confidence related stories that can be found on internet, could affect confidence of older people and sometimes they just give up)

The bottom line should be:
              "Never give up"

Comment

I'm in my late 50's and the lovemaking with my wife of over 35 years is better now than 20 years ago. Like many older guys, a decline in EQ led me to this site. There's a wealth of information here and some very knowledgeable and helpful members too. Even if you're not looking to try to increase the size of your penis, I suggest you do the JP90 routine to get conditioned. It will help in the overall health and possibly reduce some of that anxiety you spoke of.

welcome to the Gym!

Comment

Originally posted by SebiS View Post
                  Damage on my blood vessels, decrease in Testosterone, prostate cancer....
                  Guys you will lead me in an age related depression.

On the other hand there are older people with very good sexual life.
                  Some of them will rate it better than when they were younger.
                  Here come my point with libido, as desire is there everything is possible.
                  Sex is not only about of a rock hard penis. While you get older you could start enjoying a larger platform of sexual activities in a relaxing and healthy way.
                  Penis performance is important but, in my opinion, should not be considered like the only gate for happiness.
                  What does this larger platform mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                    What does this larger platform mean?
                    There are plenty of sexual fantasies and some of them could fit for you. Also some of the toys can be used in this process. The only thing is to find an open minded female that is able to accept variation.
                    I do not say that classic sex (PIV-penis in vagina) should be replaced by something else, I am just saying that can be used in combination.
                    This can ease male burden regarding high performance only from PIV because will come the moment when regardless what you will do, your performance won't be as good as you where young.

Comment

Its probably a slow decline but you can excericse more and watch your diet to help offset the aging effects. After a certain age though natural methods cited her or even medication would be advisable.

Comment

Working...
                      X