Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Blood Test - What shall I look out for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Blood Test - What shall I look out for?

Hello everyone,

So my doctor has decided that I should do a 2nd blood test in order to compare with the first one that I did couple of months ago.

The result of the first one came back wit not a lot of information apart from testosterone levels.

This time I need to make sure that I request that the results arrive back with more information regarding more than one hormone.

What should I ask for? I've already asked for the results of Testosterone Free and Total and also Cortisol levels. Is there anything else that could be extracted from the blood test that could be useful to understand my situation? (Basically I've got ED due to years of depression and recent stress at work, hence the asking of Cortisol levels.)

Does the blood test by any chance can tell about the amount of Collagen in your body? (I'm starting to get loose skin on my face and all over my body, it's depressing me nearly as much as ED!)

Thank you.

Originally posted by Hawar View Post
    Hello everyone,

So my doctor has decided that I should do a 2nd blood test in order to compare with the first one that I did couple of months ago.

The result of the first one came back wit not a lot of information apart from testosterone levels.

This time I need to make sure that I request that the results arrive back with more information regarding more than one hormone.

What should I ask for? I've already asked for the results of Testosterone Free and Total and also Cortisol levels. Is there anything else that could be extracted from the blood test that could be useful to understand my situation? (Basically I've got ED due to years of depression and recent stress at work, hence the asking of Cortisol levels.)

Does the blood test by any chance can tell about the amount of Collagen in your body? (I'm starting to get loose skin on my face and all over my body, it's depressing me nearly as much as ED!)

Thank you.
    Metanephrine Urine 24hr
    NorMetanephrine Urine 24hr
    T3/T4/TSH Basal / Bw, 12hr/
    5-H1AA ; Urine 24hr (a serotonin metabolite)

----------------------------------
    Blood
    ----------------------------------
    Cortisol
    Prolactin
    Estrogen
    Free T
    Total Testosterone
    ACTH (AdrenoCorticotrophicHormone)

Please print this and show to your doc or write it down. It's very important you get it right.

Comment

I asked my doc about estrogen, he said to me it's mainly a female hormone and that it's not to relevant here. I intend to write him a letter explaining why I want the results of those hormones in particular. But I'm just not sure about estrogen.

Comment

Working...
      X