Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ooops! Citruline Malate together with L-Arginine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ooops! Citruline Malate together with L-Arginine!

Hello

So today, 30 minutes before the gym, I stupidly decided to try 10g of CM together with 5g of L-Arginie pills thinking that it may give me a better pump or even improve my ED. (Sigh)

Unfortunately, during the workout I couldn't get anything near a good pump on my muscles! This is the first time that it happened in over 7 years of weight training. Then I remembered reading on here that too much L-Arginine can be counterproductive!

So, my question, will this anti-pump effect wear off? If so, how soon? If my pump does come back, will my usuall NO levels be lower than what it was?

What are the long term implications? (I have decided to stop taking CM and L-A anyway.)

Would appreciate your input. Thank you.

Originally posted by Hawar View Post
    Hello

So today, 30 minutes before the gym, I stupidly decided to try 10g of CM together with 5g of L-Arginie pills thinking that it may give me a better pump or even improve my ED. (Sigh)

Unfortunately, during the workout I couldn't get anything near a good pump on my muscles! This is the first time that it happened in over 7 years of weight training. Then I remembered reading on here that too much L-Arginine can be counterproductive!

So, my question, will this anti-pump effect wear off? If so, how soon? If my pump does come back, will my usuall NO levels be lower than what it was?

What are the long term implications? (I have decided to stop taking CM and L-A anyway.)

Would appreciate your input. Thank you.
    Arginine and Citrulline should be synergistic..shouldn't matter the dose.
    More or less what might have happened, is you might have caused a Lysine deficiency (depending on your diet).

Too much L-Arginine can lead to L-Lysine deficiency which leads to 5-HT4 serotonin overaction which can lead to reduced N.O levels and increased prolactin.

I recommend taking 3-4 grams of L-Lysine before bed, and then L-arginine in the morning and before workout.
    I would also suggest adding horny goat weed ; Icariin extract.

Comment

Hello

Thanks but I don't think it's down to L-Lysine deficiency. (I've been taking 500mg of that for the past week as well.) I just think the amount of l-arginine and arginine produced by CM just got too much! I went to the gym today and noticed a slight improvement on my pump. I hope this isn't my imagination.

Do you think it's just one of those things that could go away soon with time? (Don't fancy trying too many other pills at the moment as I'm currently experimenting with others.) Would rather if went away naturally, hopefully back to my usual N.O levels. (which is rather good now that I've seen what a no-pump can look like! Hahah!)
      Hawar
      Last edited by Hawar; 08-22-2014, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Have you thought of stoping pilss for a weeek or 2?

Comment

Hello

Thanks but I don't think it's down to L-Lysine deficiency. (I've been taking 500mg of that for the past week as well.) I just think the amount of l-arginine and arginine produced by CM just got too much! I went to the gym today and noticed a slight improvement on my pump. I hope this isn't my imagination.

Do you think it's just one of those things that could go away soon with time? (Don't fancy trying too many other pills at the moment as I'm currently experimenting with others.) Would rather if went away naturally, hopefully back to my usual N.O levels. (which is rather good now that I've seen what a no-pump can look like! Hahah!)
          Have you had your prolactin levels checked?
          I would suggest adding Icariin and a dopaminergic if they are elevated.

Comment

Couldn't get a good pump one day???? I've been working out for something like 30 years, every day is not going to be great. Could be anything until it becomes an on going problem don't worry. Next thought is over training.
            7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
            8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
            8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
            8 X 6 goal
            8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

Originally posted by WIItard View Post
              Couldn't get a good pump one day???? I've been working out for something like 30 years, every day is not going to be great. Could be anything until it becomes an on going problem don't worry. Next thought is over training.
              Good point as well, could also be anxiety OP. If you are thinking about your pump too much...you might just short-circuit it.

Comment

The previous 7-8 years I had no problem whatsoever getting pumps (nice to know that my NOs levels were good!) And now, all of the sudden, no pump whatsoever. (Hardly had to think about it as I never had a problem with it before anyway.) I would expect such problem to occur gradually, but for it to one day just occur like that seems kinda suspicious, hence why I think it's something got to do with me taking the CM and L-A together. (Won't be touching those again, have not helped me whatsoever.)

Maybe also that the fact my erection has gotten weaker over the last couple of weeks has something to do with it? (Erection is now 4-5 at best.) If so, this isn't a good sign for my life as bodybuilding is/was the last thing I have that kept me busy and feeling better about myself.

Anyway, at the moment I'm taking the following pills-

Mornings:
                1 Gram of L-Tyrosine
                Vitamin D3 5000iu
                50mg of Vitamin B6

The above combination is to hopefully increase my Dopamine production. At the moment, with around 2 weeks of testing, there is no noticeable difference.

Later-on on an empty stomach:
                L-Lysine 1 gram

The reason for including L-Lysine is because I heard it helps produces Collagen. I've been getting a lot of wrinkly skin all over my body including my face. (Most likely down to chronic depression and stress of work)

After main meal:

50mg of Vitamin B6
                1 gram of Vitamin C

After workout:
                1 gram Vitamin C.

I take vitamin C because to help with producing Collagen too. It also helps combat free-radicals after the workout-out. I don't know if it's making a difference.

Evening:
                Cod liver oil Omega 3 - 1 gram
                I take it due to its cognitive benefits and it's ability to protect against hormones that breakdown collagen. Around one week on and no noticeable benefit still.

I will be tempted to drop every one of them. (Apart from Omega 3) in the next couple of weeks if I don't see any obvious results.

I've recently had my 2nd blood test done and I will be getting my results on Tuesday. I will post both results on here to make a comparison between as I would like some opinions. (Obviously the doctor's opinion would be the one I should listen to, but I don't mind a 2nd opinion!)
                Hawar
                Last edited by Hawar; 08-23-2014, 04:12 AM.

Comment

I recently had a break from training. I feel good and not tired when it comes to training.

Comment

I recently had a break from training. I feel good and not tired when it comes to training.
                    Personally I think that's not just a good idea but a must do from time to time.
                    8 X 6 goal

Comment

I take breaks every 6 months.

Went to the gym yesterday and trained shoulders. First few sets were average in terms of the pump. But once I did my last set of dumbbell shoulder press (37.5 kg) I think the pump returned. Not sure if it's the full pump still.

Anyway, I think I have bigger problems in my life to think about.

Comment

I'm glad to report that my pump is back!

Now all I need is for my testosterone and dopamine level to come back and then maybe I can just get on with life! (Yeah right!)
                        Hawar
                        Last edited by Hawar; 08-25-2014, 02:16 PM.

Comment

PS - I'm never trying L-Arginine again, did nothing for me, unfortunately.

And CM only gave my extra urine!

My next supplement to experiment with will be Ginko Biloba and probably Ginger added later on. (But not just yet, I want to find out what the current pills that I'm taking can do for me.)

Comment

I take 1 g of L-Arginine when I first wake on an empty stomach. It noticeable lowered my blood pressure so it does something for sure.
                            8 X 6 goal

Comment

I take 1 g of L-Arginine when I first wake on an empty stomach. It noticeable lowered my blood pressure so it does something for sure.
                              It might for you, doesn't mean it will for others - Hawar might have prolactin issues which can be aggravated by Arginine and it's uptake into the pituitary.

Comment

Working...
                              X