Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appointment with Endocrinologist

Hello

My doctor has referred me for an Endocrinologist appointment.

I really don't know what to expect. He's referred me due to my ED as well as my depression. Are there important things that I should ask the Endo?

Please advise.

Thank you.

Did the doc do tests if so what was the results?

Comment

An endocrinologist specializes health issues related to glands. Accordingly, he will be testing you for a hormonal imbalance, including thyroid issues, low T, diabetes, as well as others that may be causing your ED.
      Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
      12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
      12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
      01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
      01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
      01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
      Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
        Did the doc do tests if so what was the results?
        Hello

Please find attachments of my two recent blood tests. Opinions would be most welcome.

6th June Test -

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=64970&stc=1

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=64971&stc=1
        https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=64972&stc=1

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=64973&stc=1

12th August test. Unfortunately my doctor confirmed that my prolactin levels is a bit above average. What's the best way to bring them down?

In better news, my TT levels have gone up, albeit I haven't noticed a change.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...id=64974&stc=1
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by not2big View Post
          An endocrinologist specializes health issues related to glands. Accordingly, he will be testing you for a hormonal imbalance, including thyroid issues, low T, diabetes, as well as others that may be causing your ED.
          Will this involve an MRI scan? If so, would also tell me about the dopamine levels in my head?

Comment

Please don't listen to us; listen to your doctor. He is much smarter than we are!
            The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I have similar problems with my hormone levels, elevated prolactin, low free T. They may (or may not) want to look at your pituitary gland.

Best thing is just to go and ask lots of questions and take their advice. Let us know how it goes, I'm curious as I'm going through something similar.
              Orome
              Last edited by Orome; 09-05-2014, 07:02 PM.

Comment

10.8 total testosterone? ok the range for normal testosterone last year was 10-35mnol. looks like your doctors using a different range or the range has been updated. i can tell you know at 10.8mnol you will be experiencing ALOT of lacking testosterone related issues. at that level i would definitely look into TRT treatment or atleast put forward the idea.
                Initial stats - 27th May 2014:
                BPEL - 6.15"
                EG - 4.7"
                Current:
                BPEL - 7.3"
                EG - 4.7"

Short term Goal:
                BPEL - 7.5"
                EG - 5"
                Long term Goal:
                BPEL - 8"
                EG - 5.5"

Comment

I certainly listen to my doctor first, but a 2nd opinion could be useful too.

Anyway, my doctor did mention that my pituitary gland will be tested with the endo.

What sort of question should I ask? I will be doing more research about what an endo appointment could reveal about my condition.

Thank you.

Comment

I can't tell you what to ask specifically. The biggest thing is just to get to the bottom of the underlying cause behind your hormonal imbalance and to get it corrected. I don't know your medical history, and that doesn't matter, just be 100% honest with your doctor, and be sure to tell him every medication you have taken including supplements etc.

If he does want to put you on something like TRT, ask about the risks and make sure you understand them. It would be nice to get our bodies back to producing normal levels of testosterone and not to become dependent on exogenous testosterone at a young age. I don't know if that is possible or not, it's probably a case by case basis. Again, I'm not a doctor, and I don't know your medical history.

Let me know how it goes.

Comment

I went through the whole low T problem already. My problem turned out to be a blood pressure med I was taking. A good Endo will not just put you on TRT to treat the symptom. He/she will want to pinpoint the cause and correct it. My Endo told me that most cases of low T are caused by something we ingest. My problem was taking a med, my brother's was an allergy to chicken. Once we stopped ingesting the wrong thing, all was well.

He explained that only a very small percentage of people actually need TRT. Mostly people who have had radiation therapy or chemo. I think he also mentioned diabetes. Other than that, a high percentage of cases can be fixed rather easily. Just don't jump right on the TRT because later on when you decide to finally try and fix the problem, you'll have to wait even longer to get your system back to a baseline to begin testing again.

Good luck.
                      Bondage.
                      Some people call it domestic violence.
                      We call it foreplay.
                      Got cuffs? GAME ON!

My routine and gains.

Comment

Working...
                      X