Female oblique development.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Female oblique development.

Here is something you don't see much anymore a chick who is obviously trained but with very limited oblique development.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...16544359_n.jpg

The advantage of course is in the thin waist . Years ago people trained for this effect but don't seem to anymore.

Dam, one of the hottest girls ive seen lately...ur so right...its all the steroids and shit they use to get and stay lean, it makes all their muscles thick, ruins the oblique look imo.
    2011 | BPEL: 6.2, EG: 5.1 |
    1/2016 | BPEL: 7.3, EG: 6.0 |
    1/2017 | BPEL: 7.6, EG: 6+ |
    1/2018 | BPEL: 7.8, EG: 6+ |

Follow my Log:

Comment

Eww, blondes. No thank you.
      Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

At some point it seemed many girls started doing side bends, like it caught on as a trend or something. Consequence, muscular obliques that ruin their waist and make it wide. Yet when they do those, they think they're slimming it down.

Funny how that reasoning works. They won't do squats because they don't want their ass to get big, but will do side bends and widen their waist.
        "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

- Socrates

Start: 7 x 5 (BPEL x MSEG)
        Now: 8.25 x 6.25
        Goal: 9 x 7

Comment

Originally posted by goinglarge View Post
          At some point it seemed many girls started doing side bends, like it caught on as a trend or something. Consequence, muscular obliques that ruin their waist and make it wide. Yet when they do those, they think they're slimming it down.

Funny how that reasoning works. They won't do squats because they don't want their ass to get big, but will do side bends and widen their waist.
          Yep and it is pro personal trainers that are teaching them .
          I can see thick obliques more in athletes or males who are after functional effect .
          I remember years ago even male bodybuilders would limit oblique development . I remember there was a guy called Gironda that was into the flowing look .

Comment

Streamlined obliques are more attractive on both males and females, IMO. It lends a nice V-shape to the physique of both sexes, and focuses the eyes on the pelvic area when naked.

Comment

Such poor Hindi Squat form.
              ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Here's the thing though, oblique muscles don't really increase that much in size in men, let alone in women. Even the most hardcore natural female physique competitors won't get 'blocky', unless they're genetically inclined to become so.

It's either genetics, or a shitload of anabolics that give women the huge waist. I've seen teetsie little women squat near 300, with a waist that I can wrap my hands around. Also had the pleasure of having a top 'fitness' model do some posing presentation in our gym, and her waist is about the same size as mine when I'm lean... It's usually down to drug use.
                Started
                01-02-2015 BPEL : 7.25", EG : 5"
                19-08-2015 BPEL : 7.75", EG : 5.2"
                Goal : BPEL 7.75", EG 5.75"

Comment

I have no doubt drug use is part of it . I have no doubt genetics is part of it . However being around gyms as long as I have there is no doubt in my mind that changed training methodology is a large part of it . While drug use is wide spread in males in gyms and amongst female bodybuilders/powerlifters, I do not believe it is that widespread amongst females training for general fitness . I have seen oblique development increase in female general trainers as training methodology changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                    I have no doubt drug use is part of it . I have no doubt genetics is part of it . However being around gyms as long as I have there is no doubt in my mind that changed training methodology is a large part of it . While drug use is wide spread in males in gyms and amongst female bodybuilders/powerlifters, I do not believe it is that widespread amongst females training for general fitness . I have seen oblique development increase in female general trainers as training methodology changed.
                    sorry, but nooooooooope
                    Started

Comment

As an aside I have never seen a powerlifter with a thin waist .

So animal you think drug use is widespread amongst female general fitness trainers ?

Comment

As an aside I have never seen a powerlifter with a thin waist .

So animal you think drug use is widespread amongst female general fitness trainers ?
                        Well, it depends. There's an enormous amount of young female training enthousiasts these days who will go on something like Anavar, which is not really anabolic in the doses that they take (although anavar is often faked and they actually end up buying something like winstrol which IS anabolic and can cause development of masculine features). It can cause a little bit more 'tone', get them leaner and appear fuller. Real Anavar gets them horny as all hell, too. If your gal has low sex drive, drop some in her morning coffee every day and enjoy fucking the skin off your dick.

The jump to testosterone, GH and other stronger AAS is big for most of them and alot of the instagram wannabe models won't make it (and rightly so). Physique shows and female bodybuilding? You bet they're on a bunch of gear. Look at a top-level female physique line-up and look at all the jawlines, striated upper pecs and 3d deltoids. That's simply not a look that females who stay natural will develop.

As far as waist growth goes, most powerlifters are just fat. Or atleast, not lean. And it's true that if you're a person walking around at 6', 275 with a decent bodyfat that yeah, your waist will be bigger and wider. But that brings me back to genetics, because if you can even get that far then you're probably wider and bigger naturally. Every heavyweight in powerlifting/strongman is simply built like a tank. Otherwise, you're not gonna get to the elite level.

Doing some 20 pound side bends won't put an inch thickness on each oblique on anyone. Maybe if Jane Doe is deadlifting 450, it can happen. But if she can do that, chances are she's not just taking her multivitamin.
                        Started

Comment

Hmm an inch on each oblique would be a very significant amount of development on a small girl .

My view is very simple oblique is like any other muscle training will develop it . Of course training with drugs will develop it more .
                          So training drug free a woman does not usually get massive muscle development . However if a woman is doing direct oblique work her development there will match elsewhere .
                          So she will not be particularly developing a tapered look and depending on a range of factors risks looking blocky .
                          Men and wired to like hip waist differential in women . The type of training we are commonly seeing does not develop that and in some cases detracts from it.

Comment

Hmm an inch on each oblique would be a very significant amount of development on a small girl .

My view is very simple oblique is like any other muscle training will develop it . Of course training with drugs will develop it more .
                            So training drug free a woman does not usually get massive muscle development . However if a woman is doing direct oblique work her development there will match elsewhere .
                            So she will not be particularly developing a tapered look and depending on a range of factors risks looking blocky .
                            Men and wired to like hip waist differential in women . The type of training we are commonly seeing does not develop that and in some cases detracts from it.
                            Well I'll agree with you on that one. Take a look at top-tier crossfit women. Drugs or not, the monumental amount of pulling, cleaning, snatching etc they do gives them a wider and more developed core. But it takes a hell of a workload to do that, which is on a whole other level than what the larger female gym-goer is willing to go through.

And I'm seeing alot of girls in the gym, doing squats and romanian deadlifts etc. They're all starting to get some ass, and if a girls has a bit of a wide waist with a truckload of ass and thighs then I'm game.
                            Started

Comment

Interesting so the view is that so long as the development is in proportion it's good. All is well for those that feel this way .
                              Still there remains those that like hip /waist differential .

Comment

Working...
                              X