Deadlift everyday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deadlift everyday.

Going to start this in two weeks.I am cutting right now, so not starting this off on a very low carb diet.

I will see how many straight days i can deadlift. In addition i will hit Chest, Upper back, Shoulders, arms, and legs on different days.

Who is in? thoughts? anyone attempted something similar?
    Start(11/14/2016) : 7.25 BPEL , 5.5 MSEG
    02/11/2017 : 7.6 BPEL, 5.6 MSEG

GOAL : 7.5 BPEL , 6.25 MSEG

I suppose all will depend on how intense you go. My deadlift days are crazy, and I'm sore for a week.
    "It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable"

- Socrates

Start: 7 x 5 (BPEL x MSEG)
    Now: 8.25 x 6.25
    Goal: 9 x 7

Comment

If you are able to dead lift every day, you aren't lifting heavy enough.

....but I suppose it all depends on your goals.
      You never slow down, you never grow old!

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork0 View Post
        Going to start this in two weeks.I am cutting right now, so not starting this off on a very low carb diet.

I will see how many straight days i can deadlift. In addition i will hit Chest, Upper back, Shoulders, arms, and legs on different days.

Who is in? thoughts? anyone attempted something similar?
        You BUILD MUSCLE on REST Days!

Think About It ???
        “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Generally the stronger you get, the less often you can deadlift. Some of the really huge guys can only deadlift once every other week, or even once a month. It is probably the single most taxing thing on the nervous system that you can do.

If you just started doing them, you'll probably make some sweet gains with the high frequency. But if you're anywhere approaching 2x bodyweight or more, I'd say you're just asking for trouble.
          Start (Jan 1st 2017): 7.0" BPEL x 5.1" MEG (17.8cm x 13cm) w/ 1" fat pad
          Now (Oct 9th 2017): 7.5" BPEL x 5.43" MEG (18.5cm x 13.7cm) w/ .7" fat pad
          Goal (Revised): 7.5" BPEL x 5.75" MEG (19.7cm x 14.7cm) w/ almost zero fat pad

Comment

Originally posted by akaTrex View Post

Think About It ???
            While true, much of strength is from nervous system efficiency (not muscle gain), and really high frequency can sometimes shock the nervous system into some surprising gains in strength. These strength gains can then enable muscle gains later on.

Comment

Yep!

More is Better . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . NOT !
              “The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything” Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by goinglarge View Post
                I suppose all will depend on how intense you go. My deadlift days are crazy, and I'm sore for a week.
                my typical dead lift routine 10, 10, 5, 5, 3, 3, 3, 1, 1, 1.

Originally posted by Jay1983 View Post
                If you are able to dead lift every day, you aren't lifting heavy enough.

....but I suppose it all depends on your goals.
                The goal and mindset not only strength gains but also character challenge. I am going to go in everyday to push myself the best i can. Our body is much more adaptable.

Originally posted by akaTrex View Post

Think About It ???
                John Broz and many other weight trainers around the world disagree. 3 months ago i came across an interview and read about Broz philosophy it really changed my mindset. It applies to every aspect of life effort=results. If you want to maximize, you have to do it a lot not less.

Full interview:https://www.jensinkler.com/brain-pic...ith-john-broz/

John Broz: Well, the way I really think about it is this: There are two forms of motivation. There’s motivation from desire, and there’s motivation from necessity, and if you’re coming from point of desire, it can always change — day by day, minute by minute: “Yeah, I want to lose weight, oh there’s a candy bar, it looks really good. Maybe I’ll eat this.” Your desire can fluctuate, so the problem with that is you float above or below the line of success all the time.

But, if you’re coming from a point of necessity, you can’t fail because you never see that as an option. You won’t allow yourself to fail. So when you look at things from point of necessity — “I must do this. I don’t have an option” — you can’t fail. Those people always succeed.
                “I want, I want” is different than, “I need. I know I have to.” If you come from a poor country, and you must do this to support your family and have a place to live, or they’re going to execute your family or provide food to eat, you’re going to train when you don’t want to train. You’re going to hate your coach just like you hate your job, but you’re going to go to work and you’re going to try as hard as you can because you have to. It’s not a choice.
                The problem here in this country is people are hobbyists. They want to be great: “I would love to do this. I want to make a team.” Yeah, you want. You don’t need to, and that’s the difference. If I asked you this simple question — it’s been all over the net, I think Bret Contreras even posted it in his article about me — but if you said, “Hey, if you were on an island, and everything was paradise and you could train whenever you wanted, how often would you train?” Everyone basically spout the information that has been brainwashed with: “I would train three days a week. I would max once every so often.”
                Now, you’re in the cell. You’re locked up. Everyone you love will be executed if you don’t hit a certain weight by a certain date. Are you going to still train three days a week?
                “No, I’ll train every day.”
                “Why?”
                “Because, well, I have to.”
                “Well, no shit.”
                If you have to, now it’s different.

Comment

Originally posted by LeafyGreens View Post
                  Generally the stronger you get, the less often you can deadlift. Some of the really huge guys can only deadlift once every other week, or even once a month. It is probably the single most taxing thing on the nervous system that you can do.

If you just started doing them, you'll probably make some sweet gains with the high frequency. But if you're anywhere approaching 2x bodyweight or more, I'd say you're just asking for trouble.
                  I have deadlift for years, currently 215 and max is 425. I don't want to say what i will do and not do, because i want to see how it plays out and far i can push myself. One thing i will not do is compromise form and effort.

Comment

Originally posted by Clockwork0 View Post
                    John Broz and many other weight trainers around the world disagree. 3 months ago i came across an interview and read about Broz philosophy it really changed my mindset. It applies to every aspect of life effort=results. If you want to maximize, you have to do it a lot not less.

And His Obvious STEROID USE has ZERO Impact on his or YOUR Philosophy!

My Training was with a Proven World Class Olympic Gold Medalist and 3 X World Record Holder . . . And WE NEVER trained at full intensity every single day. PERIOD!

I Googled "John Broz" and his personal World Records are NO Where To Be Found!

Continue On My Friend!

Comment

I read an article in which a guy squatted for 100 days in a row, so I think its possible
                      Boyd's PE Journal

Comment

Squatting lends itself to high frequency more so than deadlifting.

Would you care posting the exact program you'll be following? Because any type of high frequency lift-specific training has to be programmed very carefully. If you're gonna wing it, you're going to have a bad time.
                        Started
                        01-02-2015 BPEL : 7.25", EG : 5"
                        19-08-2015 BPEL : 7.75", EG : 5.2"
                        Goal : BPEL 7.75", EG 5.75"

Comment

I did a program where every single day I did gymnast ring pull-ups.

On day 1, I did 10. Day 2, 11. Day 3, 12. I added one every day, like that. And very rarely missed a day. I just split them into more sets if I couldn't do them all at once.

I got so strong in that movement, and my back muscles grew like crazy. WAY more than following a "typical" back routine.

But I never did them to failure (which fries the nervous system), and I did occasionally take a day off if I felt my connective tissues complaining. The gymnast rings were to avoid tendinitis in the elbow, which can happen from lots of pull-ups.

High frequency really does work if you give it the proper respect to avoid injury.

Comment

Originally posted by LeafyGreens View Post
                            I did a program where every single day I did gymnast ring pull-ups.

On day 1, I did 10. Day 2, 11. Day 3, 12. I added one every day, like that. And very rarely missed a day. I just split them into more sets if I couldn't do them all at once.

I got so strong in that movement, and my back muscles grew like crazy. WAY more than following a "typical" back routine.

But I never did them to failure (which fries the nervous system), and I did occasionally take a day off if I felt my connective tissues complaining. The gymnast rings were to avoid tendinitis in the elbow, which can happen from lots of pull-ups.

High frequency really does work if you give it the proper respect to avoid injury.
                            In a sense, yes. But remember that a pull up, while being a great compound movement, doesn't impact nearly the same amount of muscle or CNS load as a deadlift or squat does. It also barely involves compressive forces on the joints.
                            Started
                            01-02-2015 BPEL : 7.25", EG : 5"
                            19-08-2015 BPEL : 7.75", EG : 5.2"
                            Goal : BPEL 7.75", EG 5.75"

Comment

Originally posted by boyd View Post
                              I read an article in which a guy squatted for 100 days in a row, so I think its possible
                              Yeah numerous lifters have advocated squat everyday, this is where i came up with the idea and I like deadlift more. I also believe Squat put much more strain on the body, especially spine and joints. Well that is from my experience.

I personally believe deadlift is much more natural movement and distribute the weight better.

Comment

Working...
                              X