Possible late growth spurt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible late growth spurt?

I am 19, and haven't really hit a major growth spurt yet. I was like 5'4-5'5 in 5th grade(!) and now only 5'9. I started getting pubes in 5th-6th grade, but didnt really get a deep voice until 9th grade (got made fun of a lot in middle school) and my voice still cracks from time to time. I smoked weed heavily from 10th to 12th grade, but have been clean for 7-8 months. I recently started weightlifting regularly and have had some impressive gains. I have had facial hair since about 10th-11th grade but only on my chin/neck area, only now am i starting to get coarser hair from my chin to my ears. I have had a few longer black hairs pop out on my chest recently (which i wont dare pluck!). I have always had a very small flaccid penis, and now (probably due to PE) I am much more a shower than a grower (although EL hasn't increased much)

The past week or so, I have been tired all the time (especially at work) throughout the day. The past few days I have had an appetite big enough to feed a family of 4 (ex. today at 8, i ate 2 waffles and a bowl of cabbage with meatballs; at 930-10 i was STARVING so i ate a hot dog after class at about 1045. After my next class was over at 1150 I was hungry again, so i ate another hot dog. Before my next class at 1, I was hungry AGAIN so I ate a bagel with cream cheese. Finally after class at 2 I was hungry again so I smashed on a $5 footlong) normally I just eat breakfast and again between my 1150-1 class, then before work at 5, on my break at work, and something small before bed

All the signs point to a late growth spurt, so of course I have a few questions:

1) What are the other possibilities that could cause this (other than a growth spurt)?

2) Assuming it is, how much should I expect to grow, both in height and the penis department?

3) What are some things I can do to maximize my growth potential?

4) What are some things I should avoid that could potentially harm this spurt?

5) I have a 72.5" wingspan... which is long for my height. Any reason for this?

Thank you
    Stats (beginning 11/1/10)
    EL- 6
    EG- 4 3/4
    BPEL- 6 1/2
    Bench Press- 190x5

Current (11/1/10)
    EL- 6
    EG- 4 3/4
    BPEL- 6 1/2
    Bench Press- 190x5

Goal
    EL- 7.25
    EG- 5.5
    Bench Press- 225x10

*If anyone has any training/nutrition questions, ask away*

At 19, still possible you could grow more.

Not an expert but, ensuring that you get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep & eat plenty of protein.

These are the 2 big things to ensure. Try to sleep in as dark a room as possible.

Also you could optimise the possibility of growth by getting good quality protein (turkey, eggs, lean beef/chicken, protein shakes) as opposed to hot dogs.
    Vulcan
    7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
    5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

Originally posted by vulcan View Post
      At 19, still possible you could grow more.

Not an expert but, ensuring that you get at least 8 hours of good quality sleep & eat plenty of protein.

These are the 2 big things to ensure. Try to sleep in as dark a room as possible.

Also you could optimise the possibility of growth by getting good quality protein (turkey, eggs, lean beef/chicken, protein shakes) as opposed to hot dogs.
      Whats the big deal about sleeping in the dark?
      Started on 03/04/2010
      BPEL:6.69" EG:5.06"
      Current as of 06/17/2010
      BPEL:7.18" EG:5.25

Comment

Ok, perhaps i over emphasised it a bit , but it can affect sleep quality if you have lights on. Also it is a good idea to try & reduce artificial light in the evening, your body starts to respond to the changing light outside & you feel tired. These were just things that came to mind. It is unlikely that he will grow much more at 19, but the best quality sleep possible will at least give him the best chance, IMO.
        Vulcan
        7.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>8.125"BPEL (current)
        5.25 (start July 2009)>>>>>>5.75"EG (current)

Comment

thanks for the responses! I am gonna do everything i can to make sure i grow as much as possible. I hope to be at least 5'11"
          Stats (beginning 11/1/10)
          EL- 6
          EG- 4 3/4
          BPEL- 6 1/2
          Bench Press- 190x5

Current (11/1/10)
          EL- 6
          EG- 4 3/4
          BPEL- 6 1/2
          Bench Press- 190x5

Goal
          EL- 7.25
          EG- 5.5
          Bench Press- 225x10

*If anyone has any training/nutrition questions, ask away*

Comment

good luck growing your body in all directions!!

height-wise..there's a chance that you will grow and there's a chance that you won't grow.. people have growth spurts until they hit 24 years old.. for males at least..
            it's a small percentage of people and it may sound like an euphemism.

but in the end, believe that you can grow, and that you will grow, and chances are that you will be taller in a year or two. Always keep a positive attitude and be grateful for your health as of now. and imagine the ideal height you want to be in a year from now and work towards becoming that image that you have molded for yourself. As Einstein said, "imagination is more powerful than knowledge."

Some of the PEGym members also covered this topic on the forum as well.. it was regarding "the secret" and it was about your thoughts creating reality. I am also a firm believer in that idea and it wouldn't hurt to believe that you can become the person you want to be if you really put your mind into it.
            2/3/10:
            BPEL: 5.25" NBPEL: 5" EG: 4.5" BEG: 4.9"
            2/25/10:
            BPEL: 5.5" NBPEL: 5.25" EG: 4.6" BEG: 5"

Short-term Goals:
            BPEL: 6.25" NBPEL: 6" EG: 5"

Workout Log

Comment

-
              PowerThruPE
              Last edited by PowerThruPE; 09-20-2012, 10:45 AM.
              -

Comment

At 19 it is certainly possible that you are having a real natural growth spurt. Don't mess with it. Eat well, sleep well, and see what happens. The timing on growth is different for everyone, and some people grow well into their 20s. I know a man who grew 6 inches one year at college (his mother thought he had a brain tumor and rushed him to the doctor when he came home). Anyway, exercise, sleep, and healthy lifestyle is what's best.

Comment

You are indeed experiencing a growth spurt. I read it once in a book that men usually end their growth at the age of 21. So you basically have at least 2 years more to achieve your desired height. Don't worry because it's not too late at all.

As most of them said, try to grow naturally. Sleep well and rest well. Stress might mess your growth spurt, so avoid it as much as possible. Growth supplements also may help you out, but I'd still prefer the natural way.

Comment

Wether it is or isn't you should be happy with being 5'9'', nothing wrong with it and there is nothing wrong with you for being 5'9''.

Too many people place so much emphasis on height. I tend to see it more so with people who are 5'10 and taller who think they are too short or below average height.

I'm 5'5'', nothing I can do about it.

Comment

To the OP, I highfully doubt its a late growth spurt.

I was 5'2"-5'3" in Grade 7, I hit about 5'6" at Grade 9. It wasn't until my highschool years before I hit my final height of about 5'7"-5'8".

I didn't grow pubes until Grade 7-9 either.

I am 22 now. You say you eat lots, which I do agree, but me being 110 lbs, I eat breakfasts that usually consists of 4 eggs, 2 cream cheese bagels, 4 slices of bacon, an orange, 500ml of 2% milk, 500 ml of tea. As soon as I get to class which is about an hour later, I eat a large apple and some form of granola bar during the class. Once I get out, its around 10 am, and I chow down on a snack sandwhich with meat that makes a footlong subway look tiny. At about 11-12, I eat at hearty serving of pasta that could easily top a plate, and along with this I buy a serving of rice with beef from say like edo. Once its around 1ish I eat another one of those sandwhiches.

By around 2-3, I go to the gym. Finish working out, have a protein shake and another serving of pasta with an apple as well.

By looking at how you were 5'4" in grade 6... I think you hit your growth spurt early to be honest.

In conclsion, just keep doing what you do and stay healthy, and maybe you will still grow. But don't expect to jump to 6 feet within the next couple years is what I gather from your info.
                      Starting: September 22nd 2009
                      BPEL: 5.5 Inches
                      NBPEL: 5 Inches
                      EG: 5.0 Inches (Base) 4.5 Inches (Shaft)
                      FL: 2 Inches for most of the day
                      EQ: 9-10

Comment

-
                        PowerThruPE
                        Last edited by PowerThruPE; 09-20-2012, 10:43 AM.
                        -

Comment

it's been almost 7 years. bout dam time for an update, and i didn't make this account for nothing. well op? let me hear how you grew 8 inches and started dunking on everyone's ass

Comment

Working...
                          X