Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most effective fat burning cardio workouts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most effective fat burning cardio workouts?

What I've read:

1) Low intensity (fat burn zone) cardio for an extended period of time. Running on a treadmill for 40 minutes at low intensity.
    2) HIIT...Sprint for 1 minute, walk for 3...do this 5 times

What do you guys think? I want to know what I'm supposed to do in order to lose some belly fat. I have a tiny piece of fat over my abs and I wanna remove it COMPLETELY.

Thanks.
    Starting stats: October 15th, 2008 - NBPEL: 6.25' EG: 5.00'

Current stats October 15th, 2009 - (100% erection) NBPEL: 7.20' EG: 5.375'

Goal: NBPEL: 8' EG: 6' (objective: girth)

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

30 min of cardio at least,hitting a heavy bag is acctually one of the best cardio exercises you can do,it tones alomost everthing.HIIT is and amazing way to build stamina and burn fat, start doing wind sprints,i like to go to a field and sprint across as fast as i can then stop and breath for 30 -45 seconds then run back, do this as many times as you can.
    If you want to get you abs nice and tone try ab ripper x from p90x, just look it up on youtube there should be vids of people doing it on there.
    Hows your diet, loosing body fat and getting ripped is 70% diet 20% exercise and 10% dedication
    Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

My diet is fine for protein and essential crap...but I tend to over-eat (all the time)..I just love eating. I'm not fat at all, but there is a small pouch around my belly button that I wanna remove.

HIIT sounds like it's the best. Do you have a HIIT routine that I could see? Thanks.
      Starting stats: October 15th, 2008 - NBPEL: 6.25' EG: 5.00'

Current stats October 15th, 2009 - (100% erection) NBPEL: 7.20' EG: 5.375'

Goal: NBPEL: 8' EG: 6' (objective: girth)

TGC Theory

A man should not strive to eliminate his complexes but to get into accord with them: they are legitimately what directs his conduct in the world. -Sigmund Freud

Comment

The best cardio exercise that I have found is basketball, I had a washboard six pack then decided to bulk up a bit and gained about 10 pounds so you could barely see the outline, and then I started balling everyday again and it showed right back up.

Comment

Originally posted by Radiohead View Post
          What I've read:

1) Low intensity (fat burn zone) cardio for an extended period of time. Running on a treadmill for 40 minutes at low intensity.
          2) HIIT...Sprint for 1 minute, walk for 3...do this 5 times

What do you guys think? I want to know what I'm supposed to do in order to lose some belly fat. I have a tiny piece of fat over my abs and I wanna remove it COMPLETELY.

Thanks.
          Scenerio 1 is by far the safest and can move most of the fat off the body.
          Scenerio 2 is for those last 10 pounds diet and exercise fails to get rid of.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Originally posted by budlightlion View Post
            The best cardio exercise that I have found is basketball, I had a washboard six pack then decided to bulk up a bit and gained about 10 pounds so you could barely see the outline, and then I started balling everyday again and it showed right back up.
            Yea man basket ball is wicked for burning fat.

Radio, im a boxer so im doing a shit load of cardio when im training, thats basically all it is, but i do like to do some windsprtints about three times a week in the mornings cuz thats apparently the best time to burn fat.If you only got a little bit of fat on your belly just do a half hour to an hour of cardio 3 or 4 times a week along with some strength training, that should be all you need
            Nov 22 2011 BPEL- 7.25'' Girth 5.1''

Comment

I think complexes are the best.

TMUSCLE.com | Screw Cardio! Four Complexes for a Shredded Physique

Comment

Everyone has given good answers but based on what you're trying to do Radiohead I would suggest the following. These instructions are followed by the science behind the steps.

Be in a fasted state. (This ensures there is no insulin in your system. With insulin in your system you cannot effectively burn that belly fat for fuel.)

Pop a caffeine pill. (this gets your system fired up a bit more than without - helping to burn a little more fat)

Do 5-10 minutes of HIIT depending on your level of conditioning. (This will cause the stubborn fat on your belly to loosen up and be released into your system)

Rest for a couple minutes (This allows your body to adjust using glycogen stores in the HIIT to fat stores)

Now do 45-60 minutes of low intensity cardio (The fat cells that were released into your system during the HIIT will now be burned up as fuel)

Do this twice a week and if your diet is in order that small pooch on your stomach will soon be gone. As I'm sure you know the diet portion is the critical issue. Those belly fat cells are going to be eager to refill themselves.
                05/10/09
                ELBP 7.10
                EG 5.5

12/12/09
                ELBP 7.75
                EG 5.75

Comment

hi sorry for this email I just wonder how was your beginner's pe routine?

Comment

Guys, my trainer always makes me do High Intensity Cardio. 10 sets, 2 mins each set with 30 second breaks on all the machines.
                    He says low-intensity cardio causes muscle loss. Is this true? What should I do?
                    Check out my progress log: https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...-remake-4.html
                    Starting BPEL - 6.00 After 3 weeks BPEL - 6.75

Comment

Go and read both parts
                      VRSelector is a directory with adult vr videos. You get to test videos from multiple places before you decide to pay for a subscription.

Comment

Originally posted by pewannabe View Post

Agreed on this one, complexes, tabata, and the like are phenominal at melting fat while not going into a catabolic state for muscle loss.

Comment

There is nothing magical about complexes. They are simply a form HIIT that hits all your body parts which depletes glycogen in your muscles.The fat burning doesn't happen while you're doing HIIT or complexes it happens after.You're using so much energy during HIIT or complexes that your body can't utilize fat for fuel.Regardless at the end of the day diet is far more important than what exercise you do for fat loss. You cannot out exercise a bad diet.
                          05/10/09
                          ELBP 7.10
                          EG 5.5

12/12/09
                          ELBP 7.75
                          EG 5.75

Comment

Originally posted by scythe View Post
                            Guys, my trainer always makes me do High Intensity Cardio. 10 sets, 2 mins each set with 30 second breaks on all the machines.
                            He says low-intensity cardio causes muscle loss. Is this true? What should I do?
                            Your trainer is a fucking idiot and If you're paying for his services fire his ass and if he asks why tell him its because he doesn't know the first goddamn thing about human physiology.Muscle loss happens more as a function of diet and non use. The opposite of what your dimwit dude is saying is actually true ... that is .... if you're dieting (cutting) HIIT is going to cause muscle loss bwfore low intensity steady state cardio. (In either case it isn't likely) If you aren't dieting and you're using your muscles you won't lose them.
                            Nacho
                            Last edited by Nacho; 03-24-2010, 04:02 PM.
                            05/10/09
                            ELBP 7.10
                            EG 5.5

12/12/09
                            ELBP 7.75
                            EG 5.75

Comment

HIIT...interval training is your friend.

Here's the catch. I believe I've read you'd like to put on muscle mass. Long exercise, as in low intensity long time span (distance runs, 1mile, 3 mile runs etc) release the thyroid hormone T3 and cortisol. T3 and cortisol eat away at muscle and fat. Doing interval training, like short, exhausting sprints or the likes will release T2 hormones which burns mostly fat and preserves muscle more.

So it comes down to this:

Long timed moderate intensity cardio which is generally distance running where you are pushing yourself. This releases T3, and a little T2, as well as cortisol, small amounts of growth hormone and TSH.

Short, high intensity cardio is going to release lots more T2, a tiny amount of T3, more levels of growth hormone and TSH. This is usually sprints, high speed ladders, suicides, heavy big tire flipping, sledge hammer training, farmer's walks at about 75%, etc.

Long timed, low intensity which comes down to speedwalking leisurely swimming and the likes releases little hormones at all.

I hope this answers all your questions.

Comment

Working...
                              X