X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much you squat?

I squat 475 at 210 bodyweight.

OK that's kind of random.

3X your body weight means you are strong so you need to hit 630. Keep working on it.
    7 1/4 inches x 5 1/4 inches Spring 2014
    8 X 5 1/2 late summer 2014
    8 X 5 3/4 Feb. 2015 That took a while.
    8 X 6 goal
    8 X 5 7/8 May 2015, wife said stop for now.

Comment

I think I've gotten up to as much as 315 at somewhere around 170# bodyweight. I'm 5'9" with short legs and a long torso. Never had much of a ORM compared to others of my stature for some reason. I seem to have more muscle endurance than others though. God help me in a leg race too. Short ass legs don't pump very fast lol. My stride is half that of others it seems. Shit sucks but whatever. Play with the cards you're dealt. I've always preferred to wear pants vice short because my short ass legs look weird sometimes exposed when compared to my torso.
      Nov 2016 Start
      6.5 BPEL 5.5 MEG

Jan 18, 2018
      7.625 BPEL 5.875 MEG

Total PE:
      14 months
      +1.125" length +.325" girth

Comment

545 is best. I weigh 215-225

Comment

Originally posted by WIItard View Post
          OK that's kind of random.

3X your body weight means you are strong so you need to hit 630. Keep working on it.
          Yep roids are endemic so no use talking about natural training . I remember Lee Priest giving the most convincing speech of all time about how he was natural .

Comment

Before back injuries I could squat 800. Now I can Hindi Squat most times. Knee problems don't help.
            ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by MisterBator View Post
              I think I've gotten up to as much as 315 at somewhere around 170# bodyweight. I'm 5'9" with short legs and a long torso. Never had much of a ORM compared to others of my stature for some reason. I seem to have more muscle endurance than others though. God help me in a leg race too. Short ass legs don't pump very fast lol. My stride is half that of others it seems. Shit sucks but whatever. Play with the cards you're dealt. I've always preferred to wear pants vice short because my short ass legs look weird sometimes exposed when compared to my torso.
              Are you Asian?

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                Yep roids are endemic so no use talking about natural training . I remember Lee Priest giving the most convincing speech of all time about how he was natural .
                I've never used riods but have seen many who have. I could do double my weight on bench press, squat, dead lift, never triple though. I trained for sports not to become some walking science experiment. I did know some guys who could pull off triple on squats, think some of them were natural? Saw some farm boy in the gym with the strength trainer. 5'10" maybe 190. Trainer goes watch this he's been weight lifting for 2 weeks. 3 Lifts later he benched 525......Shit. Never touched a weight in his life and he was all natural. Strog as Hell, don't know if moved hay around all the time or how he got that strong?
                8 X 6 goal

Comment

Life on the farm is very physical. Wrestling hay, tractor parts, calves. Very strong just working all day.
                  ALL THE WAY WITH GOOD OLE JAY!

Comment

Originally posted by Wishful10x8 View Post
                    Life on the farm is very physical. Wrestling hay, tractor parts, calves. Very strong just working all day.
                    I'm figuring he was probably out there every morning before school getting a work out for his younger life. Probably came home and more heavy stuff to move around.
                    8 X 6 goal

Comment

Originally posted by WIItard View Post
                      I've never used riods but have seen many who have. I could do double my weight on bench press, squat, dead lift, never triple though. I trained for sports not to become some walking science experiment. I did know some guys who could pull off triple on squats, think some of them were natural? Saw some farm boy in the gym with the strength trainer. 5'10" maybe 190. Trainer goes watch this he's been weight lifting for 2 weeks. 3 Lifts later he benched 525......Shit. Never touched a weight in his life and he was all natural. Strog as Hell, don't know if moved hay around all the time or how he got that strong?
                      I know any number of guys that have trained 10 years(roids the lot) plus have a year off train for 2 weeks and claim to have "only trained 2 weeks" .
                      Know how many guys benched 400lbs plus before the invention of roids ? None. Not saying some giant guy can't do a 400 lb bench after many years of training but it shows it would be extreamely rare . As it is most gyms have guys claiming to bench 400 lb plus natural yeah right.

Comment

I don't even want to post what I squat.... It's that pitiful.

Alright, it's around 135ish for five-ish reps, squatting to parallel depth, at 6' 1". Yeah it sucks, but I'm just getting back into lifting.
                        Sex is the great leveler, taste the great divider. - Pauline Kael

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post

Alright, it's around 135ish for five-ish reps, squatting to parallel depth, at 6' 1". Yeah it sucks, but I'm just getting back into lifting.
                          Well power to you for making an effort .

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatDivider View Post

Gotta start somewhere. I've put on roughly 30 pounds of muscle(conservatively speaking) in the last 10 years. Sustained muscle. Haven't worked out for a year and muscle memory is definitely a thing. Can't wait to get back into the gym and push the limits again. Exit high school bout 145 sitting bout 185 now. I fully expect to push a very fit 200 in the next year. 180 used to be a hard weight plateau now 190 is. 200 will soon be a thing of the past. Much like PE it's just time and dedication. A whole lot of diet too. I'm sure you're doing your homework but making sure your diet allows for the growth of new muscle instead of muscle wasting will certainly help you blast through any plateau you're seeing. Don't worry about being ripped. Nobody properly builds muscle in a calorie deprived state.
                            Nov 2016 Start
                            6.5 BPEL 5.5 MEG

Jan 18, 2018
                            7.625 BPEL 5.875 MEG

Total PE:
                            14 months
                            +1.125" length +.325" girth

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              I know any number of guys that have trained 10 years(roids the lot) plus have a year off train for 2 weeks and claim to have "only trained 2 weeks" .
                              Know how many guys benched 400lbs plus before the invention of roids ? None. Not saying some giant guy can't do a 400 lb bench after many years of training but it shows it would be extreamely rare . As it is most gyms have guys claiming to bench 400 lb plus natural yeah right.
                              This guy was natural. Just a freak. In my younger days I lifted a lot of weight for how big my legs looked. Guys would be like, "no shit how did you do that?" I have never had massive legs but I can squat a good amount of weight. The most I got up to was 460 at around 200 pounds body weight. I stopped there because I was worried that I might blow out an ankle or something like that. Also it didn't make my legs much bigger at all. I've tried doing 135 for 15-20 rep sets, that didn't work either. Never got my legs to get much bigger. I have wide shoulders and a long torso so looks wise I always thought I could use some extra mass on my legs.

I was in high level baseball so I played with many freaks. You are wrong about the 400 bench without roids. I also saw many other freakish qualities. I can see a balls laces as a pitcher throws it at me going 90-100 MPH. I thought everyone could but that is not the case. Didn't realize until I was coaching kids that most of the world can't see what I'm seeing.

I got up to 325 on my bench but I stopped because it was bad for my shoulders. I don't think 400 would have been that hard to hit if I tried but I couldn't. In fact I haven't done a flat bench press in 30 years. I use cables. My throwing arm is an inch or so longer then my other arm. I've had some heavy use of my throwing arm which isn't held together very well, I can't do anything that puts stress on my shoulder. Not fixable unless I just blown the whole thing out. Not planning on doing that. Doesn't matter now my time has come and gone sports wise.

That guy who benched 500 was like 18-20 years old. He hadn't trained with weights for 10 years. It's like the pitcher I played with who had been throwing 95 MPH in high school. Freak, he wasn't trained to do it he was born to do it. They exist and that's why hard work will not help you. You have to have the freak gene. At least for sports.
                              8 X 6 goal

Comment

Working...
                              X