Celiac Dieting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Celiac Dieting

After bitching about celiac for a bit, about how I don't want to be one of those hippy or hipster types whining about needing gluten free because it's a current food trend nor wanting to spend 200% more for 25% less, and procrastinating how to improve my diet around celiac I finally go around to looking into it.

I don't have a serious case of this "disease" and still am capable of eating gluten with no insane, but I figure it's time to look this up just in case and before it gets worse. Looking it up I don't quite get how you can take out about, what I'm going to say, a fifth of the entire food pyramid out because of this. Trying to even think of a new diet to replace what I normally eat is quite irritating as I've been eating the same stuff for years with little to no variance.

Currently my diet is.
    Breakfast - Bowl of cereal (which I'm sure is gluten free, as I'm not seeing gluten on the ingredients) with skim milk, and an apple.
    Lunch - An egg wrap made with whole wheat wrap, imitation cheese (fuck fake cheese by the way), light mayo. Two pieces of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and an apple.
    Dinner - A sandwich with processed lunch meat, imitation cheese (fuck fake cheese by the way), light mayo, and whole wheat bread. A salad with light dressing and an apple.
    Other - Then there's usually various handfuls of nuts, some sort of Pop-Tart, or another bowl of cereal is some sort of snack.

I just don't know where to start, especially with my savings dwindling (Only spending about $35 a week on food) I don't have the ability to get fancy with real meat and cheese, and I hate change so this is going be a dropkick to the nads.

Does anyone else have any experience with this and some advice?
Working...
X