Fat loss experiment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat loss experiment.

I'm currently 22 years of age, 6'1" and weight ~195lbs at 14% bf. I'm planning to cut down to 180lbs at 10% bf over the course of 10 weeks. I'm currently taking 500mg of yohimbe and it helps in PE. I will begin supplementing with 400mg of caffeine every day using two 200mg caffeine capsules. My diet is in check and so is my workout, so I'm already losing weight without the supplements. Caffeine puts me at an increased risk of heart attack with the amount of that combined with the yohimbe I'm taking. It could also help PE. I'll never know until I do this for myself. That's all fitness and PE is to me, an experiment. The log begins tomorrow and I will make updates weekly.

Umm so 4% of 195 lb is something 7 or 8 lb. So if you lost fat only that would leave you at 187 lb .

As it is you are looking to lose the same amount of muscle as fat .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
      Umm so 4% of 195 lb is something 7 or 8 lb. So if you lost fat only that would leave you at 187 lb .

As it is you are looking to lose the same amount of muscle as fat .
      The lower bodyfat you have, the harder it is to cut. I still have to get to 12% bf. Getting to 12% will be a challenge, but getting under that will be even harder. Getting to 15% was child's play. 180lbs was a rough estimation and a goal weight for worst case scenario. If you've cut down to the low teens you will know what I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Action View Post
        The lower bodyfat you have, the harder it is to cut. I still have to get to 12% bf. Getting to 12% will be a challenge, but getting under that will be even harder. Getting to 15% was child's play. 180lbs was a rough estimation and a goal weight for worst case scenario. If you've cut down to the low teens you will know what I mean.
        I was in single digits for over a decade as an adult .
        It was possible to lose fat with minimal muscle loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          I was in single digits for over a decade as an adult .
          It was possible to lose fat with minimal muscle loss.
          I'm aware. This isn't my first rodeo. Lbm loss isn't just muscle loss, and muscle loss is exaggerated for the most part. I'm still adding in glycogen and water weight that will be lost during this cut. And maintain single digit bodyfat naturally for years is very unlikely. Your testosterone would have plummeted and its extremely unhealthy. If most bodybuilders don't do it naturally, I'm hard pressed to believe you've done so for decades unless you were just skin and bones.

Comment

Originally posted by BBC Action View Post
            I'm aware. This isn't my first rodeo. Lbm loss isn't just muscle loss, and muscle loss is exaggerated for the most part. I'm still adding in glycogen and water weight that will be lost during this cut. And maintain single digit bodyfat naturally for years is very unlikely. Your testosterone would have plummeted and its extremely unhealthy. If most bodybuilders don't do it naturally, I'm hard pressed to believe you've done so for decades unless you were just skin and bones.
            Many athletes have low body fat %, for a start weight catogrised athletes of many sorts ,runners ,gymnasts etc. The way some people do it is what makes it unhealthy (for them ),likewise test loss.
            Not a fan of bodybuilding .
            I was 165lb at 6ft 1in and competed in Judo . .
            You should widen your understanding which seems limited and based on gym bro lore .
            Anyway you are not going to listen to me so I shall bother you no more .

Comment

20190218_111311.jpg
              Week 1
              193.2lbs
              Measurements-

Waist 32 3/4"
              Forearms 12 3/4"
              Calves 15"
              Thighs 25"
              Arms 16"

Eating 2300 calories a day and will probably subtract by 100 calories every two weeks. Will stay at 2300 calories because I'm using caffeine now. The only change this week is -1/4" on my waist from last week. At my smallest my waist was 28" without working abs or obliques. Now that I've done so during this cut, I expect abs to be around 29/30". Hopefully I'm wrong. Jaw muscles pop under 15% bf and show more at 12%. If I can hit my goal of 180lbs 10% bf, that would mean my dirty bulk was successful. I started off at 172lbs 12% bf and I purposely gained 60lbs in 9 months to get my lifts stronger and it worked. But I had bulked until I could no longer see my dick. That was a problem.

Once I get to 10% bf, I will not bulk past 15%, maybe even less just to keep my abs showing. I will record my progress and take a picture every week to show everyone here. Yohimbe has worked well for me, but it wasn't for fatloss, but fat mobilization. This supplement works best at a healthy bodyfat range ~15%. Caffeine will give me the well needed appetite suppression and energy that I need while I drop calories. It will sort of help my badly damaged metabolism from my body getting used to lower calories after cutting too fast.

Edit: Additional Info- Expecting EQ to decrease due to test lowering as I go deeper into the lower teens of bodyfat and due to caffeine consumption. 400mg is the amount I'm taking and I tend to get better erections without it. Hopefully the yohimbe will help with EQ and I can still gain.
              BBC Action
              Member of the Month August 2019
              Last edited by BBC Action; 02-18-2019, 04:22 PM.

Comment

20190225_114410.jpg
                Week 2
                Measurements-

Waist 32 1/2"(-1/4")
                Forearms 12 3/4"
                Calves 15"
                Thighs 25"
                Arms 16"
                Chest 45"
                Shoulders 50"
                Neck 17"

Will do another week update tomorrow. Caffeine pills have ran out for me today, so diet and exercise alone will help me get down to 10% body fat.

Comment

20190304_105418.jpg
                  Week 3
                  Measurements-

Waist 31 1/2" (-1")
                  Forearms 12 5/8" (-1/8")
                  Calves 15"
                  Thighs 24 3/4" (1/4")
                  Arms 16"
                  Shoulders 50 1/2" (+1/2")
                  Chest 44 1/2" (-1/2")
                  Hips 34"
                  Neck 17"

So far, my experiment worked successfully. Caffeine+Yohimbe+Calorie deficit will give you great fat loss, energy gains, and suppresses appetite while on a deficit. I'm all out of caffeine, but I will remain supplementing with yohimbe to help get rid of stubborn fat.

Despite the progress, I'm not even at 12% bodyfat yet. I have to get there, before I can focus on getting to 10%. It only gets harder from there, and each lb of fat will want to hold on for dear life. I'm going to have to work even harder and push through. I feel like I want to stop cutting every day and I go to bed hungry every night. Its rough. 6 weeks left, and I can finally start to eat maintenance, then bulk.

Comment

Update
                    Feels like it's getting very hard to cut now. I might by very close to 12% bodyfat now. Every pound of fat is going to be harder to drop and my body will want to burn muscle first. Trying to keep protein and fats high so my muscle is spared and my test levels remain high. I keep going online to look for motivation and other times, look for reasons to stop cutting.

My energy isn't low but the cravings are intense. I miss all of the food I used to be able to eat. Now I'm stuck with bland healthy food. Once you get to lower bodyfat levels, it's more than calorie in vs calorie out when you have muscle. Now it's starting to feel like my life is going by so slow. My meals are so small, they just hold me over until the next. 10-15% is the best range if you want to build muscle, but you can maintain around 12% easy. It's getting rough, but I have 6 weeks left, maybe 7 if I take it a little slower.

Comment

20190311_115832.jpg
                      Week 4
                      Measurements

Arms 15 3/4" (-1/4")
                      Calves 14 3/4" (-1/4")
                      Neck 16" (-1")
                      Thighs 24" (-3/4")
                      Hips 33"
                      Waist 31" (-1/2")
                      Chest 43" (-1 1/2")
                      Shoulders 50" (-1/2")

Losing size everywhere. I'm trying to determine whether I'm losing weight too fast or not. The only day my lifts suffered was on Friday. I lost A LOT of size over the week and I'm hoping it's not much muscle. If my lifts suffer a good amount, I'll have to re adjust calories. For right now, I'm decreasing calories by another 100.
                      5-6 more weeks to go.

Comment

Despite the size loss everywhere but my waist, and my low energy and ego pictures like this give me motivation.
                        fat-and-muscle.jpg
                        I only have about 4-5lbs to lose in my fat loss journey. In a perfect world, I would lose only fat, but in the low teens of body fat losing some lbm is inevitable. I can prevent muscle loss to an extent by keeping my protein intake high and keep lifting heavy.

Comment

20190318_103237.jpg
                          Week 5
                          Measurements

Arms 15 3/4"
                          Calves 14 3/4"
                          Neck 16"
                          Thighs 23 3/4" (-1/4")
                          Hips 33"
                          Waist 30 1/2" (-1/2")
                          Chest 42" (-1")
                          Shoulders 50 1/2"
                          Forearms 12 1/4" (-1/4")

I feel like crap. Thinking is hard. I often get confused and/or forget about what I was thinking two second ago. I'm always hungry, low energy. Veins are becoming more apparent. Small veins along my knees and calves are starting to appear. I'll soon have a small vein appearing on my lower oblique. I start to feel what the weather really feels like. If it's cold, I'm freezing. If it's hot, I'm burning up. My libido is at an all time low. I have occasional horniness, but it goes away quickly. My strength is dropping and I'm sure my testosterone is as well. I'm only at about 12% body fat. I still have another four weeks to go.
                          BBC Action
                          Member of the Month August 2019
                          Last edited by BBC Action; 03-18-2019, 12:48 PM.

Comment

I will start carb cycling and add another workout day along with cardio after my workout to see how it goes. **** is boring and it's not that great as some people suggest. Especially if you lift weights and are active like I am. I'll probably gain water weight and have my daily weight fluctuating throughout the rest of the cut.

Comment

I took in over 100g carbs today and it felt AMAZING. Today is only a low carb day too. I can't wait until tomorrow when it's my high carb day, and leg day. Libido is through the roof, energy levels were great. I left the gym with energy in the tank unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                              X