Weight lifting and ED and PE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weight lifting and ED and PE

I have been doing weight lifting for the last one year and a few months (I began on 2018 Feb).
    When I began, I was not as strong and was not lifting very heavy, so I also noticed an increase in EQ and libido in general.
    But I noticed something over the December holidays, I took a 2 weeks break and guess what, I had insane libido and had a lot of sex during that time until my wife was telling me to go back to the gym to reduce that libido. A joke sort of...
    ------
    This year I began PE around January.
    However, I began noticing a pattern, when I lift so heavy (Well, progressive loading to build muscles) I noticed when am sore for a few days my libido takes a nose dive. My PI declines and some nights I have crappy night and morning erections or no morning erections.
    I took a week off from going to the gym and my erections returned with full force. (I train only 3 days per week), but then when I resumed, my morning erections are getting fewer. Getting erect also takes a little more stimulation. Not that am unable to have sex, I can but does not get hard as fast, and the night and morning erections are softer.

I got googling to search for answers and this article popped up
    Link (https://ic.steadyhealth.com/erectile...weight-lifting) Admin, sorry if link is not allowed, edit it out and I can do a summary of what I found in the link.

The general idea is that heavy lifting can and does cause ED! To add onto this take a look at this thread from a body building forum (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...5844201&page=1)

Personally, it seems like it is doing it.
    I love weight lifting sports, and would wish to continue lifting heavier and heavier but am getting confused now on how to go about it. If I lift heavy, my ED seems to suffer and that also affects my general PE life.

Are there people who have ever experienced such in this community and how did you go about it?
    To add, am on no supplements e.g. steroids or whey or creatinine or any other stuff for body building, just eating normal meals or any normal human.

Am considering taking a break from weight lifting and see how it goes and will be back to update on this thread.
    **Even the longest journey begins with a single, small, significant step**

Yep roids can cause a host of health issues.

I know it is a radical concept but you could weight train without roids .

Comment

Stress kills erections, it's important to know your limits. Unfortunately for many naturals this means working out no more than 2-4 days a week before libido starts to dip. Individual differences are big on this.

EDIT. I think it's about the general stress for your nervous system and endocrine system and not that weight training would overwork/injure the pelvic floor.
      Venti
      Last edited by Venti; 05-31-2019, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Venti View Post
        Stress kills erections, it's important to know your limits. Unfortunately for many naturals this means working out no more than 2-4 days a week before libido starts to dip. Individual differences are big on this.
        Being as roid use is endemic training methodology is based on guys using roids . You are probably using too much volume.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
          Being as roid use is endemic training methodology is based on guys using roids . You are probably using too much volume.
          I think it's about the general workload. Intensity, frequency and volume, doing any one of these more increases the stress you get from training. To get results from weight training you need them in appropriate amounts but what is optimal for muscle and strength usually isn't optimal for libido and other wellbeing. It then comes to priorities of what you want out of life.

Comment

I think it's about the general workload. Intensity, frequency and volume, doing any one of these more increases the stress you get from training. To get results from weight training you need them in appropriate amounts but what is optimal for muscle and strength usually isn't optimal for libido and other wellbeing. It then comes to priorities of what you want out of life.

I disagree .
            The problem is the intensity/frequensy /volume that is ideal when you are on drugs is very different to what is ideal when you are not.
            If you are training in a way that is suitable your libido should be little affected .

By the by it is standard for guys on drugs to lie about it .

Comment

Originally posted by Appleman View Post
              I have been doing weight lifting for the last one year and a few months (I began on 2018 Feb).
              When I began, I was not as strong and was not lifting very heavy, so I also noticed an increase in EQ and libido in general.
              But I noticed something over the December holidays, I took a 2 weeks break and guess what, I had insane libido and had a lot of sex during that time until my wife was telling me to go back to the gym to reduce that libido. A joke sort of...
              ------
              This year I began PE around January.
              However, I began noticing a pattern, when I lift so heavy (Well, progressive loading to build muscles) I noticed when am sore for a few days my libido takes a nose dive. My PI declines and some nights I have crappy night and morning erections or no morning erections.
              I took a week off from going to the gym and my erections returned with full force. (I train only 3 days per week), but then when I resumed, my morning erections are getting fewer. Getting erect also takes a little more stimulation. Not that am unable to have sex, I can but does not get hard as fast, and the night and morning erections are softer.

I got googling to search for answers and this article popped up
              Link (https://ic.steadyhealth.com/erectile...weight-lifting) Admin, sorry if link is not allowed, edit it out and I can do a summary of what I found in the link.

The general idea is that heavy lifting can and does cause ED! To add onto this take a look at this thread from a body building forum (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...5844201&page=1)

Personally, it seems like it is doing it.
              I love weight lifting sports, and would wish to continue lifting heavier and heavier but am getting confused now on how to go about it. If I lift heavy, my ED seems to suffer and that also affects my general PE life.

Are there people who have ever experienced such in this community and how did you go about it?
              To add, am on no supplements e.g. steroids or whey or creatinine or any other stuff for body building, just eating normal meals or any normal human.

Am considering taking a break from weight lifting and see how it goes and will be back to update on this thread.
              i lift 6 days a week since septemper 2017 and never experienced problems with eq? i take protein powder containing 60g protein after every training btw. i also do 1-2 weeks break every 2nd or 3rd month and ofc whenever im not able to train that day - sunday is always restday. maybe u dont eat enough, eating like a "normal human" is not enough when lifting heavy
              BigKnob
              Member of the Month Nov 2019
              Last edited by BigKnob; 05-31-2019, 07:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                I disagree .
                The problem is the intensity/frequensy /volume that is ideal when you are on drugs is very different to what is ideal when you are not.
                If you are training in a way that is suitable your libido should be little affected .

By the by it is standard for guys on drugs to lie about it .
                I think progressive overload is generally the base for most training programs. So during a training cycle you'd start at 70% of your total recovery capacity and progress to 105% of your capacity (overreaching) which would be followed by a deload and supercompensation so you can start next cycle stronger. I think training at 90% of your maximum capacity you'd start noticing reduced libido etc. symptoms of overtraining but training isn't yet affected. After reaching your maximum capacity and a little over you'd start to notice decrease in performance and not deloading would lead to chronic overtraining.

Do you think that overreaching isn't suitable for naturals? This method is based on the balance of stress and recovery and to me it seems it would work just as well for naturals as enchanced. You just need to read the cues of overtraining right to know when to deload and take it easy.

What is your idea on optimal natural training and progression if this isn't it?

Comment

I think progressive overload is generally the base for most training programs. So during a training cycle you'd start at 70% of your total recovery capacity and progress to 105% of your capacity (overreaching) which would be followed by a deload and supercompensation so you can start next cycle stronger. I think training at 90% of your maximum capacity you'd start noticing reduced libido etc. symptoms of overtraining but training isn't yet affected. After reaching your maximum capacity and a little over you'd start to notice decrease in performance and not deloading would lead to chronic overtraining.

Do you think that overreaching isn't suitable for naturals? This method is based on the balance of stress and recovery and to me it seems it would work just as well for naturals as enchanced. You just need to read the cues of overtraining right to know when to deload and take it easy.

What is your idea on optimal natural training and progression if this isn't it?
                  If you used this pattern (as per Bompa et al ) you would not get the amount of negative libido effects he is talking of . You might get some mild effects at the peak of the micro cycle .
                  His issues would seem to be based on chronic poor training methodology probably based on the methodology used be drug users . I expect as usually happens this thread will soon be flooded by guys using far too much volume swearing they are lifetime drug free and giving speeches almost as convincing as the one I heard from Lee Priest .

Comment

Cycle your training. This involves alternating periods of activity and rest, and inducing "peaks" towards the end of each cycle.
                    Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I do not use roids.
                      Second, I took a 10 days break and my libido came back in fact raging with EQ I consider 10/10. During the break I also ate a lot of balance diet.
                      I do not use body building supplements like whey or other protein supplements
                      I have been using COD LIVER OIL, Mondia Whitei, Moringa (Have added Withania to see if it will help)
                      So I can comfortably say working out affects my libido since I have gone back to working out after 10 days, lowered my weights and time spent in the gym I have limited it to only one hour.
                      Barely one week and I can feel my libido has dipped yet again. Somehow, I have noticed it does not get affected by working out other body parts but immediately after leg day, the following few days my libido will be low, not totally out I can still have sex but it takes a little more time and stimulation to get it up. I have tried to lower the weights I use for leg day to see if it will help.
                      As for general outlook, I have added some decent muscle mass as to make my clothes I used to comfortably wear a year ago feel tight on my body.
                      I cannot speak for all body builders out there since everyone's body is different, but I noticed most people avoid leg day, may be leg exercises use too much energy thus adding to general stress to the body.
                      But a different idea is welcome.

Comment

Ok write down your workout especially leg day .

Comment

I work out Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
                          I try so much to limit my work out to utmost one hour, never over 1 and a half hours.
                          Leg day is like this: Squat, then leg press, thighs upper-lower, inner and outer thighs (Don't know the specific terms) , walking lunges, and I am done.
                          After leg day, my body normally feels so beaten up but other exercises do not affect me so much.
                          So far my maximum for squat is 70 kg without a spotter any higher with a spotter. Last time I used 50 kg only and still it affected me, are my legs this weak ... damn!

Comment

Originally posted by Appleman View Post
                            I work out Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
                            I try so much to limit my work out to utmost one hour, never over 1 and a half hours.
                            Leg day is like this: Squat, then leg press, thighs upper-lower, inner and outer thighs (Don't know the specific terms) , walking lunges, and I am done.
                            After leg day, my body normally feels so beaten up but other exercises do not affect me so much.
                            So far my maximum for squat is 70 kg without a spotter any higher with a spotter. Last time I used 50 kg only and still it affected me, are my legs this weak ... damn!
                            Ok so yes your legs are that weak .
                            So 3 exercises squats leg press ,lunges and then we have upper lowe inner and outer is that more exercises ?

Look cut down the volume and your strength should go up.

Comment

Thank you, will cut down and rise up slowly to see how it goes.
                              Perhaps this is important to mention too.
                              I am 5 feet 6 inches tall, 64 kg now (latest actually have not measured recently).
                              I used to be pretty skinny guy averaging 55 - 58 kg so being 64 is a great achievement for me .
                              Other than that, am quiet healthy and my sex life is great.

Comment

Working...
                              X