Low Testosterone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Testosterone

I'm a 28 year old male. Have just had my test checked and am at 12 n.mol - around 300. This is incredibly low.

Other than little/no sex drive or spontaneous erections I have no symptoms. My diet is immaculate, I grow facial hair easily, I am increasing in muscle mass and work out full body resistance training 5 days a week. I take supplements like Maca, ZMA, magnesium etc. regularly.

My question is, should my test levels be cause for concern - could they be contributing to libido levels, even if I don't have other symptoms like fat gain/muscle shrinkage?

and how the hell can I raise my test levels if i'm doing everything right with diet, exercise and supplementation?

Thanks,

How is your energy level?

Yes it could cause low libido .

It is unlikely you are doing everything right with diet /exercise and supplementation particularly if you are a bodybuilder . Have you used roids etc?

The start point for natural test increase is looking at sleep.

Comment

Energy is good. I haven't touched roids. I eat lean beef, rice, sweet potato and nitrate rich vegetables. 3 meals a day. Healthy fats like avocado/olive oil. Orange juice. I feel strong and am gaining muscle. I sauna regularly. I take cold showers every morning.

I get about 6-7 hours of sleep each night.

Comment

You would likely benifit from more sleep .

Typically guys who are training drug free will benifit from a reduction in training volume.

You don't mention actual fruit.

Comment

If you are after ideas for natural test improvement this may help.

https://www.pegym.com/forums/exercis...testerone.html

Comment

Test levels like your would be considered borderline. If DIY solutions don't help, you may want to seek out an endocrinologist for assistance.
            Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

I am very surprised you don't have other symptoms.

Comment

I'll give you this to think about. Normal and optimal are not the same. They will almost always tell you that you are in the normal range. You never know what's optimal for you until you move the needle, so to speak, around to find your optimal. Here's a question for you. What's the normal body temperature for a 100 year old man? Room temperature. Is that the optimal temperature?

I have taken testosterone since I was about 35. And I needed it. It's not an opiate or something your body doesn't know how to handle it. And it's not something you look forward to. So unless you are obsessive about scheduling things you will forget to take it sometimes. Only when you are down and have trouble sleeping for a couple days will you remember that you are late taking it.

Comment

Thanks Pegasus. I have fruit daily, usually blueberries with yoghurt.

Other than sexual symptoms I can't think of anything I have wrong. I feel the strongest i've ever felt at the moment.

Very strange.

Comment

My doctor told me my test is fine. The usual story I see Pegasus writing about. Levels are within the normal range, nothing to worry about etc. etc. My sexual issues are a result of aging and to take pills. I'm 27....

Comment

Originally posted by EngineerMachinist View Post
                      I'll give you this to think about. Normal and optimal are not the same.
                      This is true. Depending on the doctor, some won't recommend medication unless T levels get very low- even in younger men.
                      Want a FREE Month of Coaching? PM or email me for details- or CLICK HERE

The MeCoach Male Enhancement Coaching Service- For All of Your Male Enhancement Needs

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                        This is true. Depending on the doctor, some won't recommend medication unless T levels get very low- even in younger men.
                        Yes I have written extensively on this and on what the optimal levels may be and on natural increase methods .

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDoe4 View Post
                          My doctor told me my test is fine. The usual story I see Pegasus writing about. Levels are within the normal range, nothing to worry about etc. etc. My sexual issues are a result of aging and to take pills. I'm 27....
                          300 is low, especially considering your age. Sadly, most doctors won't write a prescription unless you're 250 or below. There is a difference between normal and optimal as someone above stated. If I was you, I'd look for another doctor or medicate yourself. Test is very easy to find on the interwebs.

I've had low T for years, and only recently was able to qualify for a prescription. There are forums much like this one completely dedicated to low T. Go search one out and you'll get much better advice than on a penis forum.
                          Start: 5/28/2019 BPEL - 6.25, EG - 4.75
                          Current:10/1/2021 BPEL - 7.5, EG - 5.625

Comment

The focus on hrt in the first instance is misplaced . Natural methods are often successful if pursued with diligence .

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                              The focus on hrt in the first instance is misplaced . Natural methods are often successful if pursued with diligence .
                              I agree with this. There is likely an underlying issue as to why T is low. Sleep apnea, obesity, poor diet, autoimmune disorders, many things. But, many people also just have low T. I'm glad I'm on it and feel much better than before.
                              Start: 5/28/2019 BPEL - 6.25, EG - 4.75
                              Current:10/1/2021 BPEL - 7.5, EG - 5.625

Comment

Working...
                              X