An explantion of falling testosterone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An explantion of falling testosterone

As men age the normal path for testosterone is to fall. But why?

Lower testosterone typically reduces drive, mental energy, desire for physical exertion, ambition, willingness to fight for what you want, etc.

Why does it do all those bad things to us? Why is Mother Nature so cruel to us?

Let's go back thousands and thousands of years before civilization. We were something like tribal for about 99% of our human history. That's the world mother nature tuned our species to survive in. All of this civilization sissy lifestyle where most of us live into our 60's is very new.

In the world where mother nature tuned our species to survive things were tough. As men when we were in our teens and early 20's we were as tough as we were ever going to be. We could kill the bear. We could scale a cliff. We could climb the dangerous tree. We could defend ourselves and our belongings and our children and our women from anyone who wanted to take them. Whatever our world challenged us with, we were up to it. We had to be or we would end as a species.

Then we get a bit older, let's say we lived to be 40 years old. At this age our body can't follow through with what we have come to expect it to be able to handle. The bear is likely to get us now. Our toes aren't what they used to be for climbing. The 20 year old men could beat us to death if they wanted.

In short, if we keep doing what we were doing at 20 we are not going to live very long. But we are still an asset to the tribe. And those tribes with 40 year old men still around have a better chance of surviving that those with no men who lived to be that old. We need to hang around and be helpful but not leading the hunt or the expedition party to see what's on the other side of the mountain. We also might leave the breeding to the younger and more fit men because we can't defend ourselves when push comes to shove.

So what do these men who become more passive to survive all have in common? That hormone called testosterone that tells them how much of a man they are - that hormone is falling. They survive to remain an asset to the tribe at the personal expense of giving up on how much of a man they once were.

Does any of this sound personally familiar to you?

As things have turned out we no longer live in that brutal, short-lived, keep-your-head-down-to-survive world.

You do not have to turn down how much of a man you feel like in order to survive. You do not have to cower. You do not have to reduce your ambitions. You do not have to be passive with your wife. You do not have to cheat and be secretive to have sex (breed). Today you can still be a real man. And remain alive.

You could have all of that if Mother Nature hadn't used evolution to make you a man that was born to keep his head down as he got older.

Today you can add back that bit of testosterone that your genes are denying you. It wouldn't be good to take that level back to what it was in your teens. Being crazy and reckless is bad. But you could go back to a more confident and energized time. Maybe your mid thirties? Early thirties? Mid forties? Fifties? It's waiting for you. You can restore some of that feeling of being more man.

Personally I started testosterone 20 plus years ago. I do not concern myself with my blood levels one bit. It simply does not matter. What does matter is how I feel. That's all. Everything. The whole enchilada. How I feel.

I take my testosterone every single day. Just a bit from an insulin syringe in my butt. I've adjusted the dosage over the years to tune how I feel. My aggregate dose is within what a man my age would normally take each week. But every single day of my life I wake up the same. No highs. No lows. Never crazy. Never lazy. Never lacking empathy for others. Never falling short in taking loving and emotional care of my wife. I sleep because I do not worry. I do not worry because I am confident that whatever happens I will be able to handle it. I wake between 2 and 4 each morning because we go to bed early. I do not waste time watching television because I do not need the stimulation. I do not want other women because I do not need the stimulation. I study everyday because the effort does not burden me.

Biologically I am NOT special. I am a tuned man. I am tuned by taking just the right amount of testosterone. When I do not take it I am not tuned. When I do not take it I have the exact same feelings women have with PMS. The last time I had to stop taking it was a few years ago because of some blood work. My wife could not stand me. She was so bothered by me and the unpleasant man I had become that she brought a syringe with testosterone to the hospital. When they were done with me she dosed me within 60 seconds. I was way off. And I couldn't shake it off.

So that's the way I see it.

By the way when I started long ago they did NOT do lab work. My evaluation was a 10 point questionnaire covering male depression. If you checked off four of the ten then pull your pants down. I had at least six boxes checked. I was depressed. A month later I was not.
    EngineerMachinist
    Last edited by EngineerMachinist; 02-05-2020, 06:42 AM.

The variability of testosterone in a given population is such that a large % of 40 somethings have higher test than a large % of 20 somethings .

Comment

All I know is that when I got mine tuned in all those years ago my life got a whole lot better. I owned a company at the time with over 100 employees, 1000 clients in 42 states, and many competitors who really wanted to take me down. What I got was not tequila smarts but the confidence that I could handle whatever came up. And I did.

Back then growth hormone was easy and legal to get. That helped a lot. It does not increase heart rate like an amphetamine. It raised my metabolism like it did for athletes which was especially popular in baseball. A batter might not be competent with a 95 MPH ball but he could connect just right with an 85 MPH ball. The growth hormone, by increasing his mental speed, effectively slowed that 95 MPH ball down to an 85 MPH ball. I was able to solve medical outcome issues nobody else in the country had a clue about.

There was talk in academic circles of banning brain enhancement drugs because they gave an unfair advantage to the people who used them. I was willing to do anything I could to deliver otherwise unavailable services to my clients. With that I was able to keep my clients and take clients away from my competitors.

It was heady times. I became a celebrity in my industry and got invited to speak at conferences all over the country. In the spring and fall I often spoke at two conferences a week. Once I opened a conference in Tampa one morning and made the same presentation in Oregon that afternoon. Oddly the Tampa crowd was cool to my message but the Oregon crowd loved me. The issue was that I was talking about coming changes. The Tampa crowd was mostly owners who were afraid of change. The Oregon crowd was most managers who were ready for the changes to come as soon as possible.

Not that you asked for all of that. I sold out ten years ago this summer and have never looked back. Now I own and live on a plantation which is a much better pace for a man nearing 60.

Comment

I've had mine tested only once a few years ago and was told "You're on the lower end but in the normal range". At the time, I didn't really care so I moved on. Now I care and am testing again next week. I'm 99% certain that I'll be told the exact same thing.

Comment

Do not accept that. I made a post about the difference between normal and optimal. You want the level that is optimal for you. Do not accept that you should be denied because you are in the normal range.

And from my experience only the way you feel can get you to what is optimal for you. Imagine your brain is a tire with low pressure. Sure it's not so low that the rim is hitting the ground. But it's not working the way it once did. Too low and it's got poor traction and it pulls to the side. Too high and it wants to skate. As for your experience, too little and you will not feel better. Too much and you will be edgy. You will know the difference. You know your body better than anyone. That's what my urologist tells every one of his patients.

If you really want it right the progressive endocrinologists sometime prescribe small daily injections to avoid the spike the day after a weekly injections. That way your testosterone never gets too high, which I know all to well from my years of weekly injections.

If they treated women hormonally the way they treat men they'd all have been shot by now.
          EngineerMachinist
          Last edited by EngineerMachinist; 02-05-2020, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I agree. I have a pretty good relationship with my doctor and am hopeful that she won't default here. I get PLENTY of exercise, I do strength training, my nutrition is quite on point, and I suppose I do OK managing stress. My weakness is sleep - the quality is usually very poor. I won't be surprised if she says, "Everything else is great, just get more sleep and maybe the numbers will go up". The problem with that is that I think my hormone levels are a bit out of whack and need some help to improve the quality of my sleep. The old Catch-22 at work.

Comment

My original story was that my trainer said I had to work too hard to exercise and that I hated it. Which I did. He suggested I get my hormones checked. So I made an appointment with my HMO. They gave me an injection that day. The next morning I woke around 4 wide awake. My thought was that my day was screwed because I didn't get enough sleep. But I dressed and went to work way before sunrise. That evening when I got in bed it occurred to me that I never got tired. Same thing and the same thoughts the next day. The next morning I put it all together. It was the testosterone. Back then they gave it to you once a month. Nine days later it was gone and I was back to sleeping poorly until the next injection then things were right again. But when I declined later in the month I went looking for another source. I found the online vendors who had me do local lab work. They are a lot more expensive than the local pharmacy. Now I get 50 days from a 10cc vial for $100. $2 a day to feel this good. Bargain. It is a scheduled drug so many GPs are unwilling to write it.

I machined my own injection tool to stick myself in my backside each morning. I use an insulin syringe. 0.5 inch needle. 0.2 cc daily. Lock clockwork.

Comment

Optimized testosterone levels are key - and can range from 600-1,400 dependent on how you feel and react
                IMO. Look up Jay Campbell and his books for background on miracle of optimized test levels and doctors who do telemedicine and prescribe - the wave of the future is here now. I use test cream - which is applied to the testes every day - and can be supplemented with shots if needed. Get my blood tested at least twice per year and considered myself dialed in. Average test levels at 58 years old are around 900. I feel awesome.

Peptides are amazing and can be used to optimize sleep and HGH levels. So many available I can't begin to go into them. Ben Greenfield and Jay Campbell podcasts are a wealth of information. Sleep peptides include DSIP and Dr Seeds has the Chill Pill -which works for me. Also take magnesium, glycine, melotonin, and cream has pregnenolone. BPC is an amazing healing compound and I'm using it to speed healing during PE. Also experimenting with test cream directly to the penis - so far so good.

Further, I've ordered the Rocket - maybe go into that next time. LOL.

Comment

Oh - I did T shots for years, and have injected several peptides and used SARMS. They all work provided you buy the real thing from a trusted source - which doesn't necessarily mean you need to pay more. I am under the care of a nationally recognized leader in hormone therapy and peptide use - and he is reasonable although none of it is covered by insurance. IMO, get your hormones tested, especially testosterone, and if you have any symptoms related to low T levels and test at anything under 500 - you would likely benefit immensely from T optimization.

Around 45 I had lower than historic energy, sex drive, muscle mass, ambition, and was depressed. I credit T shots every week with correcting all of that and changing my life. At 58 I have never felt better.

Comment

Rode I'm happy for you. The 500 number is something I agree with.

As for testing, I take the line that it's easier to try some than to test. If testing was as easy as tire inflation then test before inflating. But we don't know what your optimal number is anyway, so try some and if it helps then go down the road of learning your numbers if you want to.

The number one value in seeing if it helps is that if it does NOT help then you move on to further investigations into what's bringing you down. And you move on right away instead of wasting a month or more in misery while you could skip that month and presumably be a month closer to whatever gets you back on track.

I own a good bit of construction and farm equipment. When something is struggling to deliver power we go straight to the stock room for a fuel filter. Sometimes the problem is something else, but we know to look for that something else 15 minutes after we wipe the diesel from our hands. Why the filter gets clogged is something we might work on or just accept that things get into fuel. I've got likely 5000 gallons of diesel right now that's more than a year old. We add preservatives to it. We filter it as it comes from the tank. We drain the water from the machine tanks. But a machine with a 165 gallon tank sitting idle for the winter is somehow going to get something in it that after 1000 gallons going through it's filter is going to need a new filter by June.

So I ask why even bothering learning the number if you are just going to adjust your dosage to learn where you feel best? As I sit here I have not a clue what my number is. But I can feel it's not too high for me nor too low for me. So how would knowing it's 513.93 whatevers help me? Unless I wanted to share that number or marvel at it somehow.

On the other hand if it suddenly stopped working for me, or I had to increase my daily dosage by 50% to feel tuned then I would get my levels checked ASAP. I would rightly assume something is wrong and I need professional help.

Comment

There is a point that I think should be part of your modern idea of test., and it goes with the theme of 'civilization sissy lifestyle'. Test. also triggers violence and loss of impulse control. The average male inmate, today, has more test. than the average free male. Now if this trend has been going on in civilization since the dawn of the prison state, you have seen men with high test. being taken out of the effective breeding population and their high test. genetics permanently taken out of the gene pool. Not saying it is impossible for inmates to have had kids, but for the most part being incarcerated is a major barrier against reproduction.
                      "I will lick my dick"

Comment

The reasons for lowered test are many simple things like sleeping more can in many cases improve it ,

Comment

617 123 4.0 236 37.3
                          668 103 4.5 221 36.5
                          606 90 5.0 177 38.7
                          562 83 5.1 118 35.1
                          524 69 5.5 96 36.0
                          471 60 5.7 44 37.9
                          376 54 7.4 44 37.1

Testosterone Level Ranges by Age (Non-Diabetic)

Simon, D., Nahoul, K., & Charles M.A. (1996). Sex Hormones, Aging, Ethnicity and Insulin Sensivity in Men: An Overview of the TELECOM Study. In Vermeulen, A. & Oddens, and B. J. (Eds.), Androgens and the Aging Male (pp. 85-102). New York: Parthenon Publishing.
                          Measurements in SI Units
                          I Find this interesting the
                          24.2 14.2 33.1
                          22.1 13.5 34.8
                          20.7 12.1 33.8
                          19.7 11.4 32.8
                          20.7 11.0 32.4
                          18.3 11.4 29.3
                          17.9 10.0 32.4
                          19.0 11.0 30.0

Comment

Looking at the first chart above shows test falls with age . However the second chart shows the top 5% of guys 55 to 60 years have double the amount of the bottom 5 % of 20 somethings.

Comment

Originally posted by watersnake View Post
                              There is a point that I think should be part of your modern idea of test., and it goes with the theme of 'civilization sissy lifestyle'. Test. also triggers violence and loss of impulse control. The average male inmate, today, has more test. than the average free male. Now if this trend has been going on in civilization since the dawn of the prison state, you have seen men with high test. being taken out of the effective breeding population and their high test. genetics permanently taken out of the gene pool. Not saying it is impossible for inmates to have had kids, but for the most part being incarcerated is a major barrier against reproduction.
                              That's interesting, if true (citation??), but it's quite possible that the prison environment leads to higher levels of testosterone.

Comment

Working...
                              X