The Ultimate Burrito vs. The Mad Yogi : A Weight Loss Challenge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Burrito vs. The Mad Yogi : A Weight Loss Challenge

So the Ultimate Burrito has agreed to step into the ring with the Mad Yogi for a battle royale. We've both expressed interest in losing some weight and reducing our fat pads, and a little friendly competition should help kick that in gear.

We will compete for a little over 4 weeks, with the final weigh-in on Monday, August 24th.

The winner will be the one who either 1) loses 15 pounds the fastest (even if that's before 8/24), or 2) loses the most weight by the final weigh-in.

Since I'm entirely manual, and the Burrito likes his devices, I expect some dirty tricks from his end, but fear not ... I have my own secrets.

Let the competition begin!
    START : 2/6/2020
    BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
    CURRENT : 11/18/2021
    BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

MadYogi's Intitial Weigh-In : 200.4 lbs
    START : 2/6/2020
    BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
    CURRENT : 11/18/2021
    BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

good luck i'll join you but on the side lines i've lost 3 kg is 10 days
      25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
      5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
      25th september: ??
      Goal 18cmx16cm
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

I'll be drinking beer. Light beer since I'm trying to lose a bit too.
        1 inch at a time
        GOAL: +1.5 BPEL, +1 MEG
        Progress Log

Comment

Originally posted by madyogi View Post
          MadYogi's Intitial Weigh-In : 200.4 lbs
          Better stay away from them picnic baskets!

Capture+_2020-07-22-13-02-57.jpg
          Progress Log | Extender Progress Log
          Recommended Routine
          2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)
          BPEL Gains: 2.5" | MEG Gains: 1.25"

Comment

UB's Initial Weigh-In: 202.2 lbs @ 7/22/2020 10:30

I'll be weighing myself everyday around 10:30AM.
            Recommended Routine
            2016 (5 1/2 x 4 1/2) > 2017 (7 5/8 x 5 5/8) > 2020 (8 x 5 3/4) > Oct 2021 (7 1/2 x 5 3/4)

Comment

Good more food for me!
              The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

Ahh enjoyed another good meal of chicken and broccoli to finish off the leftovers and it was delish! Found an awesome website with healthy meals and decided to try this recipe tomorrow:
                https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/c...-green-cabbage

Researched and found that I can drink up to 3 Michelob's a day but only had one tonight and there is also no carbs in whiskey! Maybe this isn't going to be so misrealble after all. Tomorrow I'm hoping to dive under 200lbs.
                Recommended Routine

Comment

“The winner will be the one who either 1) loses 15 pounds the fastest (even if that's before 8/24), or 2) loses the most weight by the final weigh-in.“

who wins if one guy loses 15 lbs first and the other guy loses more libs by the deadline?
                  Valued Member of 12+ years at the PEGym
                  12/'09 (start) NBP EL - 4.5, EG - 4.4
                  12/11 NBPEL - 5.1, MSEG - 5
                  01/13 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.1
                  01/14 NBPEL - 5.35, MSEG - 5.25
                  01/16 NBPEL - 5.4, MSEG - 5.5
                  Fat Pad = 1+/-

Real cars have two seats. Everything else is a bus.

Comment

Haha whoever meets the winning criteria first. I swallowed a bunch of tape worms to ensure victory, mwahaha
                    Recommended Routine

Comment

Well. Good luck to both contestants but I must say15 lbs lost in the time allowed in neither healthy or permanent and more than likely a lot of water weight loss. Just saying.
                      A prayer, is kinda the same as a "Like". If there are enough likes, God will take notice. So "Like" away please. My daughter needs your prayers. Thank You.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                        Well. Good luck to both contestants but I must say15 lbs lost in the time allowed in neither healthy or permanent and more than likely a lot of water weight loss. Just saying.
                        I was just wondering about that.

Go for it anyway, best of luck to all involved, but me and Party will get a side bet going on who gains it back first
                        03/2015 Start <Able to last ~ 2 mins PIV>
                        Thread
                        12/2019 EL: +2.2 MEG: +1 <Able to last 60+ mins PIV>

Comment

Originally posted by incogneeetoe View Post
                          I was just wondering about that.

Go for it anyway, best of luck to all involved, but me and Party will get a side bet going on who gains it back first
                          You ain't lying! That's the real challenge. Pretty much why I have been bookmarking all kinds of keto recipes. Hopefully if I can find 5-8 good meals that are enjoyable and won't break the bank I can make it a lifestyle. Cutting out sodas and sweets really isn't the problem, it's the eating habits. I'm also working on portion size control as well.

Few years ago there was a challenge at work to see who could lose the most % weight and the winner got a Fitbit. I was at my heaviest at 220lbs and figured it was a good opportunity to turn my weight around. The challenge was for 8 weeks and I managed to go from 220 to 189. Eggs for breakfast, weight loss smoothie (posted on this site) for lunch, chicken and veggies for dinner. M-F were diet days, Sat and Sun were free days. I have never gone back to 220, in fact, right now is the heaviest I've been since. I really think what made my diet successful was allowing the free days, at least then I had something to look forward to haha.
                          Recommended Routine

Comment

Since you're going keto to do it, and the challenge is measured in total lb lost, you're almost certain to lose quite a bit of lean muscle weight by the end. I like those challenges that test our discipline so I say you should have fun with it - it's only for a month. But... once the challenge is over, I'd suggest you focus on building up the muscle mass and slow the rate of weight loss down a bit. And, unless you're fat adapted and have a solid handle on the exercise programming along with nutrition, you may have to go out of keto and start packing in the protein for muscle synthesis. I'm not saying you can't build muscle in ketosis, but it's considerably harder to do than if you switch your macro composition over to, say, 40% protein. Regardless, building lean muscle mass will ultimately help you in the long run so I'd recommend making that a priority once you've finished the challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
                              Since you're going keto to do it, and the challenge is measured in total lb lost, you're almost certain to lose quite a bit of lean muscle weight by the end. I like those challenges that test our discipline so I say you should have fun with it - it's only for a month. But... once the challenge is over, I'd suggest you focus on building up the muscle mass and slow the rate of weight loss down a bit. And, unless you're fat adapted and have a solid handle on the exercise programming along with nutrition, you may have to go out of keto and start packing in the protein for muscle synthesis. I'm not saying you can't build muscle in ketosis, but it's considerably harder to do than if you switch your macro composition over to, say, 40% protein. Regardless, building lean muscle mass will ultimately help you in the long run so I'd recommend making that a priority once you've finished the challenge.
                              I think that's a sound strategy. Right now I'm doing push ups (15), pull ups (5) and sit ups (30) daily. I'm not really going for bulk, just want to be lean and toned. That's the end game for me. My body seems to be really responsive to this workout routine and looks good when followed consistently. Of course I plan to gradually increase reps over time. Target would be 30, 12, 60 in the same order listed above. Probably will stick to 30 sit ups for a while though.
                              Recommended Routine

Comment

Working...
                              X