Losing Weight Quick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Weight Quick?

I think i figured out the way to get thin quick scheme?

I pretty much cut out the sugar lantern foods and started dropping 10 pounds a month
    Look on the label for the word "ADDED SUGAR"

also Check the Fiber level if it says 0g it's probably not good to eat if you want to lose weight

stay away from High carbs, occasionally seems to be fine...

Stay away from juices or juicing (it destroys the Fiber and you end up with a sugar drink)

I was at 218, now i'm at 188 pounds....

Also I started exercising riding my bike 10-11 miles a day
    also added another 2.5-3 miles of walking as well pretty recently..
    I have not noticed any muscle mass loss or loss of strength with the weight drop

FAT IS GONE starting to get good definition and less of a jello stomach almost flat ... I have before photos it's going to look great once i have a 4 pack showing
    the important part is exercising since not exercising will not help with net weight loss (you might lose like 0.2 pounds a week instead )

Thanks for the input.

Comment

Losing fat or losing weight is your goal here?
      25th june 2020: BPEL 14cm x EG 11cm (NBPEL 11.5cm) NBPFL 8.5cm x FG 10cm
      5th August 2020: BPEL 16.5cm x EG 13cm (NBPEL 14.5cm) NBPFL 10cm x FG 10.5cm
      25th september: ??
      Goal 18cmx16cm
      https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...eekly-log.html

Comment

Originally posted by 6and4.2 View Post
        Losing fat or losing weight is your goal here?
        fat

I all ready got down from 218 to 188 in just a few months

my goal was 185 pounds

Comment

Calories in VS calories out

Comment

fat

I all ready got down from 218 to 188 in just a few months

my goal was 185 pounds
            Losing 40 pounds in weight isn't the same as losing 40 pounds in fat thats why im asking?

And usually with diet ONLY routines you will lose weight and not the fat your after...

Mix diet and cardio like your suggesting you might get lovely leg muscles but your upper body is going to suffer.

Also without sounding like a broken record from a personal trainers point of view 1 kg a week (2.2 pounds) is regarded as the most sustainable amount to lose without risking it coming back on quick once you revert back to your previous diet or lifestyle choices..

All these fad diets are lovely for the "hollywood" (i lost this much this quick) type stuff... but the real battle is sustaining the results

The largest problem with fad dieting is 6 months later...

It's great at the time when your seeing results

As for this do you think in all honesty you can maintain cardio to a point were your willing to burn more than eat daily? Or at the very least burn enough calories to be in deficit for the rest of your life?

BOTH methods are great as a "fix it" thing but if you want long lasting results you will need to address a full lifestyle haul...

I know it sounds negative but it's true.

Also if you want a reference i'm happy to trade photos with you.. i've gone from 135kg (297 pounds) 114kg (current) (251 pounds) since february this year.. ( I like to hope it's mostly fat)

This has included one course of trt ( testosterone replacement therapy) and a diabetes injection pen.. (semaglutide)

I can't deny they helped but the main reason was diet and functional exercise...
            closed297
            Last edited by closed297; 08-10-2020, 07:38 AM.
            Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

""""""Or at the very least burn enough calories to be in deficit for the rest of your life?"""""""""

Being in a caloric deficit for the rest of your life would mean that at one point you will die.
              You have to be in a deficit until you are satisfied with your BF% and then eating the same calories will make sure that you will maintain this BF% of your choice.
              TeoDeles
              Member of the Month July 2018
              Last edited by TeoDeles; 08-10-2020, 07:38 AM.

Comment

By deficient i mean say your aiming for 1200 calories a day you will burn 400 of those to be in the "weight loss" zone.

Obviously that calorie projection depends on daily activities lifestyle choices age and weight.
                Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

You have to be in a deficit until you are satisfied with your BF% and then eating the same calories will make sure that you will maintain this BF% of your choice.
                  Or grow some muscles and maintain it forever?
                  Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Growing the muscle mass will ensure that the body will be burning more calories on its own...But still eating more than you burn will put fat on the body.

Comment

First, congrats to Thick_Unit for the weight loss! How are you measuring body composition to be sure the weight you're losing is entirely fat?

Originally posted by TeoDeles View Post
                      I have to side with TeoDeles in this little back-and-forth. I didn't see anybody say they were planning to be in caloric deficit the rest of their lives, just that eliminating useless calories for a while led to significant weight loss. And what TeoDeles said about bodyfat% implies reducing fat and sparing/gaining muscle mass, which I think we would all agree is a good idea.

6and4.2, you would seem to be correct about diet only calorie restriction (CR) leading to weight loss from both fat and lean mass. Also, CR + cardio/aerobic seems to put lean mass at risk in certain situations, whereas CR + Resistance training doesn't. See the studies on my recent thread about Intermittent Fasting Protocols and Muscle Sparing for more science on the matter.
                      START : 2/6/2020
                      BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
                      CURRENT : 11/18/2021
                      BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

If you put on 20 pounds of muscle your body will naturally burn 1000 calories a day seems a far simpler way to go about being calorie deficient as a long term goal.. than a lot of cardio?

But you are technically right if you have the dedication for cardio by all means don't let me stop you.
                        Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

If you put on 20 pounds of muscle your body will naturally burn 1000 calories a day seems a far simpler way to go about being calorie deficient as a long term goal.. than a lot of cardio?
                          Putting 20 pounds of LEAN muscle(Don t be confused with intramuscular water retention that looks like muscle) requires YEARS and huge dedication on BB training and high protein diet and being on a coloric surplus and and and....( some people can NOT accomplish this ever cause their genetics can t even allow it).
                          So its not a far simplier way... Its a far SLOWWWWWER and SUPER HARD way.
                          Losing fat is simple...
                          Eat less calories than the ones you burn... and if you want super fast fat loss... add some cardio.
                          Building muscle mass is not easy and its not fast...
                          Its a bonus of burning more calories having bigger muscle mass... BUT not a direct way of choice of losing fat.
                          PS. These words "I put muscle to burn fat" I have heard only from fat body builders that are not able to stick to a diet...and guess what? They were and still are fat.
                          TeoDeles
                          Member of the Month July 2018
                          Last edited by TeoDeles; 08-10-2020, 08:52 AM.

Comment

But you are technically right if you have the dedication for cardio by all means don't let me stop you.
                            Again, I'm with TeoDeles, and as you've pointed out elsewhere, one can only realistically put on ~6-7 pounds of muscle per year, which means 20 pounds will take 3 years or more. If you're a bodybuilder, and your explicit goal is to pack on muscle, go for it. But if you're more interested in short term weight loss, and even just a mild improvement in body composition, focusing on lean muscle mass gain is not the most efficient way to achieve that goal.

Also, everything I've seen indicates 20 pounds of extra muscle would nowhere near burn off an extra 1000 calories per day. Where are you getting that statistic?
                            START : 2/6/2020
                            BPEL : 5.875" - BaseEG : 5.25" - MSEG : 5.0"
                            CURRENT : 11/18/2021
                            BPEL : 7.5" - BaseEG : 5.75" - MSEG : 5.75"

BPEL GOAL : 7.5+" - MSEG GOAL : 5.75+"

MadYogi's PE Log

Comment

Losing fat is simple...
                              Eat less calories than the ones you burn... and if you want super fast fat loss... add some cardio.
                              Sounds like a GREAT way to lose weight.
                              One that no personal trainer would recommend ever..
                              Unless a client SPECIFICALLY asked to lose weight and not fat. (And that would come after explaining both concepts to them)
                              "lean muscle" and "muscle" can you explain the difference to me?
                              I'd love to hear this as a bodybuilder.

9 kg (20 pounds) of muscle is the average reported increase from 2 years of dedicated training program?
                              With a decent diet?
                              I'm not discrediting your theory im simply implying your lack of knowledge on the difference between weight loss and fat loss...
                              MOST people want to lose fat, but they don't realise there is a difference.
                              I used to get paid to do this?
                              And had to study it (granted it's only a 6 month course)
                              But more importantly i'm currently practising bodybuilding as a hobby with the intention to one day be stage ready..
                              I think i might have done a little research over the last 14 years...
                              There is nothing wrong with your system if you are dedicated and can maintain a level of intensity through the diet and cardio requirements..
                              The next question from there is why bother when adding a basic lifting or functional training regime would make life much easier (intensity and strictness of diet and motivation)
                              It is however not the optimal long term solution and i feel people here should know that.
                              It's important people get the correct information when they are trying to better themselves and not buy into this "he said" "she said" philosophy that isn't backed by any science or taught to professionals.

I mean if you want to go down the road of the best way to lose weight:

Anavar
                              Clenbuterol
                              <500 calories a day
                              Testosterone
                              (could name 1000 supplements and steroids that will aid this effect)

But like THOSE products they are a quick fix..
                              Much like eating less calories than you burn ( Good luck maintaining that intensity for life..and if you do congratulations on making your goals harder than they needed to be)
                              Goal 18cmx16cm

Comment

Working...
                              X