Just Started Working Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just Started Working Out

I just finished week one of working out been doing bench-pressing, leg raises,and crunches, the regular ab exercises, and I've been using a Pre-Workout drink to help with pain after working out. It's a Fruit Punch juice, which tastes pretty good, and the effect is really good. However I would like to add more ab/ abdominal workouts what would you guys recommend? I've also been been doing aerobic exercises too.

Plenty of ab isolation movement out there like russian twists, v-ups and tuck-ups, bicycles, flutters. For more general core you can add things like mountain climbers, plank variations, toes-to-bar and bar flutter kicks (always have a pull up bar in your gym). But don't overlook the fact that there are a number of lifting moves that will strengthen the abs and core when done well like heavy suitcase carries, overhead carries, loaded sidebends, single arm overhead squats, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
      Plenty of ab isolation movement out there like russian twists, v-ups and tuck-ups, bicycles, flutters. For more general core you can add things like mountain climbers, plank variations, toes-to-bar and bar flutter kicks (always have a pull up bar in your gym). But don't overlook the fact that there are a number of lifting moves that will strengthen the abs and core when done well like heavy suitcase carries, overhead carries, loaded sidebends, single arm overhead squats, etc...
      I haven't joined a Gym yet, but I'm planning on soon, so I'm just doing some of the exercises at home. thanks for your advice.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbrokevo View Post
        I've been using a Pre-Workout drink to help with pain after working out. It's a Fruit Punch juice, which tastes pretty good, and the effect is really good.
        if you want a good prework out drink try whey protein drink "not a Fruit Punch juice".... you can't build muscle with plants or sugar. you're not a cow.. Mooo!!

just make sure it does not have any crazy additives walmart sells one that is plan whey with No other "fillers"

plant proteins don't work you're not a herbivore.. other wise you would be able to eat grass like a cow and grow big LOL!

is "Fruit Punch juice" a joke just asking ...
        Thick_Unit
        Banned
        Last edited by Thick_Unit; 04-26-2021, 01:23 PM.

Comment

I have worked out regularly for years and found I like using video exercise programs to get things right and keep on track. I started with P90X and did it several times, which was the best but requires over an hour a day. More recently, I switched to Body Beast to bulk up muscles - less time daily and worked great. Then did a round of Hammer & Chisel for total body - really got all over fit. Now back on Body Beast for Summer muscles. All of these will get your abs in great form. Each of them also have an eating plan, that I just roughly follow, but they give good guidance on balancing proteins, carbs, etc. depending on your goals. Keep in mind that you can have rock hard 6-pack abs only to be hidden by a layer of fat. Like they say - exercise to get the strong abs, diet to show them off.

As far as pre/post eating, my routine is before working out (I work out in the morning) - 2 hard boiled eggs and a mixed up bowl of blueberries, Greek yogurt and sliced banana for some energy carbs and muscle-building protein, plus at least 16 ounces of water, and after working out - an ON Gold Standard whey protein shake mainly for the protein/BCAA bump. I get protein in my diet from all main sources, but found supplementing with only whey protein works best for me.
          Start: BPEL 6.75', EG 5.8", BPFL 4.5", FG 4.7", BPFSL 7.0"
          05/2021: BPEL 7.65”, EG 6.0”, BPFL 5.8”, FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.0"
          Goal: BPEL 8.0", EG 6.0", BPFL 5.75" FG 5.0", BPFSL 8.5"

Comment

Originally posted by Thick_Unit View Post
            if you want a good prework out drink try whey protein drink "not a Fruit Punch juice".... you can't build muscle with plants or sugar. you're not a cow.. Mooo!!

just make sure it does not have any crazy additives walmart sells one that is plan whey with No other "fillers"

plant proteins don't work you're not a herbivore.. other wise you would be able to eat grass like a cow and grow big LOL!

is "Fruit Punch juice" a joke just asking ...

umm...no? It is a powder substance that has Fruit Punch flavor. Just add water and it tastes like Fruit Punch...It's really good, and it's Sugar-Free. It's only 5 Calories too.

Comment

Originally posted by Physdoc View Post
              I have worked out regularly for years and found I like using video exercise programs to get things right and keep on track. I started with P90X and did it several times, which was the best but requires over an hour a day. More recently, I switched to Body Beast to bulk up muscles - less time daily and worked great. Then did a round of Hammer & Chisel for total body - really got all over fit. Now back on Body Beast for Summer muscles. All of these will get your abs in great form. Each of them also have an eating plan, that I just roughly follow, but they give good guidance on balancing proteins, carbs, etc. depending on your goals. Keep in mind that you can have rock hard 6-pack abs only to be hidden by a layer of fat. Like they say - exercise to get the strong abs, diet to show them off.

As far as pre/post eating, my routine is before working out (I work out in the morning) - 2 hard boiled eggs and a mixed up bowl of blueberries, Greek yogurt and sliced banana for some energy carbs and muscle-building protein, plus at least 16 ounces of water, and after working out - an ON Gold Standard whey protein shake mainly for the protein/BCAA bump. I get protein in my diet from all main sources, but found supplementing with only whey protein works best for me.

I might try the P90x, that is a very old work out program, a friend of mine use to watch the videos on YouTube back in the day. I remember he would come over and watch the videos and we would work out together.

Comment

I might try the P90x, that is a very old work out program, a friend of mine use to watch the videos on YouTube back in the day. I remember he would come over and watch the videos and we would work out together.
                Yeah, P90X is over 10 years old now! But I still have yet to find a program that's as good for all round cardio, muscle gain, agility, etc., and with a trainer as good as Horton. I've tried P90X 2 and 3. 2 is not worth the money IMHO. 3 is pretty good if you only have 30 minutes a day. That said, my #2 favorite after P90X for all round fitness is Hammer & Chisel. Body Beast is awesome if you just want to bulk up, but is light on everything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Physdoc View Post
                  Yeah, P90X is over 10 years old now! But I still have yet to find a program that's as good for all round cardio, muscle gain, agility, etc., and with a trainer as good as Horton. I've tried P90X 2 and 3. 2 is not worth the money IMHO. 3 is pretty good if you only have 30 minutes a day. That said, my #2 favorite after P90X for all round fitness is Hammer & Chisel. Body Beast is awesome if you just want to bulk up, but is light on everything else.
                  I will check out Beast Body too, is that a free program or do you have to pay. Also, is there videos on Youtube you can watch for Beast Body?

Comment

I will check out Beast Body too, is that a free program or do you have to pay. Also, is there videos on Youtube you can watch for Beast Body?
                    You have to pay to get whole routines or the whole program for any of the programs I mentioned. I bought each program individually off either Beachbody dot com or Amazon, in the form of DVD sets and they came with helpful books (some came with food containers for the diet programs, but I don't use them). Another option is to get a subscription to Beachbody on demand and you can stream any of their many programs, in whole or just select routines. For most of these, you'll want to use the program calendar and exercise worksheets to keep track of progress and weights used for each routine by day. You can get some of these sheets off Beachbody, but I found the best versions of them off other websites for free - just googled around and found them.

Comment

umm...no? It is a powder substance that has Fruit Punch flavor. Just add water and it tastes like Fruit Punch...It's really good, and it's Sugar-Free. It's only 5 Calories too.
                      lol

you're just using a stimulant then?

Comment

Originally posted by Thick_Unit View Post
                        lol

you're just using a stimulant then?
                        https://www.amazon.com/CELLUCOR-Ripp...b-c05699555c56

Comment

that ingredient list is just stimulant chemicals never head of them before...

if you want to recover faster eat meat, that is what you're made of ..... preferably raw 100% grass fed steaks and liver.. Your muscles will grow faster then ever....

they just try and tell you it's Lactic Acid

it just means you burned away muscle...

Comment

So when you start using supplements, it is important to familiarize yourself with the general basics of them.
                            So those Pre-Work out you are using, also known as the Pump usually contain Some NOx releasing content such as arginine or Citrulline, some BCAA, some Glutamine and Creatine. You can research on what you actually need.
                            I have a long history of consuming and researching on those stuff.

In my personal experience which also agrees with the most reasonable experts out there, you need Creatine and protein + Omega 3 as a supplement to your diet and the rest like BCAA (which is very popular by the way through supplement industry advertisement) are not essential and even sometimes depending on the time you use them can mess up insulin resistance.

A good meal 2-3 hours before the gym consisting 30-40 grams of protein, 3-5 grams Creatine 30 mins before workout, a shake after the workout (30 mins to 1 hour after) which can be whey (remember the best whey is whey isolate with stevia as sweetener) or if you have started the training pea protein even, and a good meal containing enough carbohydrates and protein (40-50 grams) is the best thing you can do. Also I do 1 month on, 1 month off on creatine for reasons.

The rest is supplement industry horseshit. BCAA, glutamine, loads of vitamin types, melatonin, arginine, etc etc. You get that from food and in isolated form they usually even do not absorb by the body.

Comment

Do not work the same muscles on consecutive days allow them time to recover. Some people do well on a five to six day a week schedule, working only one muscle group each time. If you want to go to the gym more often, but don't work overwork tired muscles. They need the rest.

Workout Exercise is very important for Human health and Muscles. Eye's and teeth exercise are also include in workout.

Comment

Working...
                              X