Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Skin Care Routine (for your face) - Better than Cosmetic Surgery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Care Routine (for your face) - Better than Cosmetic Surgery?

Skin Care Routine (for your face) - Better than Cosmetic Surgery?

I was just browsing through a skin care forum today & learned a few amazing things. Apparently these women are using skin care techniques that are "better than plastic surgery". The forums on skincaretalk.com were quite fascinating. Some of it could be applied towards PE, but I was thinking... wow better than plastic surgery huh? These women really get into their skin care like we get into PE. In fact, some of them to some surprisingly painful / scary things to make themselves beautiful. Unfortunately, like PE, they use a lot of terms which it takes a bit of research to understand. Due to that fact, some of this example skin care routine will be lost in translation to us men.

Just like PE some of this stuff has to be done with caution... (go figure huh?)

Here's a same skin care routine from one of their moderators:

Facial Skin Care Routine
    Source: fawnie's routine
    Fawnie:
    "I do Tanaka massage first thing in the morning.
    Microfiber cloth
    GoW Communicator Serum
    DIY Vit C Serum with ferulic and jojoba.
    DIY Olio Lusso oil
    Bioderma Photomax Fluide SS
    Matis Eye & Lip Mask if I feel dry during the day. Or Olio Lusso if I'm home.

PM
    BioNova products

Once a week: BabyQ LED with green tea infusion and Veld's Ferox gel"

Here's a few example threads that I found fascinating.
    Attached Files
    My progress journal / useful PE links

DermaRoller
    Apparently you can get rid of stretch-marks on your body with a 1.5mm needle (instead of the shorter needle for the face). The derma-roller is basically a little roller with needles on it. Today I stumbled onto a thread on Thunders where a guy was using a derma-roller to remove stretch-marks from body building. Here's what a derma roller looks like:
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1284427320
    The one in the picture is from a company in Hong Kong that sells derma-rollers for $10 on ebay.

Skincaretalk has many threads just on how to use Derma-Rollers effectively & safely on the face:
    source: DermaRoller - skin needling - Anti-Aging - Skin Care Talk

Supposedly it increases collagen & has several other good effects.

The DermaRoller Makes Facial Rejuvination Formulas More Effective
    The key with this device is that women use mixtures that include things like vitamin C & the DermaRoller helps make these concoctions much more effective.

DermaRoller Warning
    The women do warn that this is one of the more dangerous devices and care should be taken not to overuse this.
    blink2000
    Last edited by blink2000; 09-13-2010, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Facial Exercise for firming and adding volume

Facial Exercise for firming and adding volume

Source: Facial Exercise for firming and adding volume

Fawnie: "Hi! I've been doing a facial exercise program since Aug '08 and I'm seeing some terrific improvements in the volume of my cheek area and the lifting of my eye area. There are lots of exercise programs out there, but the 2 I have been using are "Ageless If You Dare" ($10 for downloadable program and video) and "FlexEffect" ($70 for book, DVD and CD). Both are excellent but "Ageless" is a concentrated 15 min/day program. "FlexEffect" takes a 45 min/day commitment.

They stress the underlying muscles of the face to tone them and lift the skin from within. The massage techniques rev up the circulation and add volume to the skin. Lack of volume makes us look old before our time. The neck exercises add volume to the neck so that the ugly cords of the platysma are covered with more youthful springy flesh, not the scrawny turkey-neck look of old age.

I do not use fillers or Botox, but I have seen a huge reduction in the droopy-eyelids and marionette lines that were starting to creep up. If you go to the websites, there are before and after pics that will amaze you. But the proof is your own face. If you are considering surgery, please try exercises first! It's painless and once you've bought the program, you don't need to keep buying anything else!! What I like is that I am in control once again of my skin, not a slave to the ravages of time, or to the ever-expanding list of expensive treatments and creams out there all vying for my money or time."

If you look through the thread (above)--there are before & after photos--apparently this stuff really works.

Here's a site with before & after photos

Comment

MicroDerm Abrasion Alternative: Microfiber Cloth

MicroDerm Abrasion Alternative: Microfiber Cloth
        Possibly everyone on this forum has heard of "Microdermabrasion" diamonds or some other material is used professionally to smooth out the skin & restore a youthful glow. I've had it a few times & it was great. Now, anyone who has had this done knows Microdermabrasion cost's quite a bit (maybe $100ish per session). Apparently there are decent home versions that cost around $200.

However, there's actually an alternative called "Microfiber Cloth". If you look at Fawnie's routine above, it includes the daily use of MicroFiber Cloth.

Source

Question: "What are the best home microdermabrasion kits or products?"

Fawnie: ""Same old saw here, but a microfiber cloth is great for exfoliation and honestly gave me as good results as a medspa microdermabrasion. If I were dermarolling I would not use home microdermabrasion until I saw how irritating the dermarolling was to my skin.

The microfiber cloth can be gentle enough to use with dermarolling, but it is very effective and also should not be overused until you see how much pressure and how frequently your skin can take it. I use mine like a chamois for polishing, rather than scrubbing, once a week."

Now, my next question is, what microfiber cloth is best?
        1- NCN microfiber cloth
        2- MerryMicroFiber cloths
        3- Dollar Store Cloths

Fawnie recommends the NCN cloth first & foremost (there are some other opinions below)
        "Microfiber Cleansing Cloth*-*NCN Professional Skincare - Anti Aging Skin Care Products That Makes Your Skin Look and Act Younger

This is the one I use and I like it the best of all I've tried." A link to the product: Microfiber Cleansing Cloth | Exfoliate | NCN Pro Skincare

Fawnie on taking care of an NCN cloth:
        & recommends this treatment to clean it:
        "Soak it in baking soda to lighten it and wash in hot water by hand. Hang to dry in the sun That's all I do. And replace every 6 months (this is what NCN recs.)"

Other types of Microfiber Cloths:
        -"I've used the NCN microfiber cloth, and recently ordered the MerryMicroFiber cloths - which are identical to the NCN product.
        I prefer to use something on my face, that is designed for facial use, not a car or something."
        -"The MF cloths at the dollar store are designed and packaged for facial use. I purchased several last week. They are a great price and good quality."

A WARNING!!!!!!!
        -warning summary: start very very gentle, our skin can't take this at first. It may take months to get our facial skin to the point where it can take a good scrub:
        "But personally, I remember the first time I used microfiber, I tried the ones for cars/housecleaning. I was super gentle (since I read horror stories on forums of people who used them and scrubbed too hard. So I was super cautious with it, barely rubbed my skin, more like gently patting/swiping it, and only a single rub in each section of my face) and my skin just felt sensitive after I used it (I have really thin and sensitive, translucent, delicate skin).

Then I tried a few made for the face. One of them was okay but still a tad too effective, the next one was much better and I liked it (it was pretty good), but the last one I got I really like (still like other forms of exfoliation better but I like to use microfiber to spot exfoliate my face on the occasions it gets dehydrated)

So I would definitely experiment with a few kinds to see which you like best "

Why the NCN Microfiber Cloth is good (Quoted from their website):
        "The Microfiber Cleansing Cloth completely removes all makeup (even the long lasting lipstick that only oil removes), exfoliates like no other and doesn't disrupt the acid mantle of your skin because you only use water!! Great for all skin types. Wait until you see how clean your pores are! You have to see it to believe it - really!"

NCN MicroFiber Cloth, Official Instructions

https://www.pegym.com/forums/attachm...1&d=1284428349
        NCN microfiber cloth is the most popular type--at at $12.50 its far cheaper than microdermabrasion which effectively does the same thing.
        Attached Files

Comment

Stevia Mask (Reduces Pore Size & Wrinkles)

Stevia Mask (Reduces Pore Size & Wrinkles)

I think I need this--I have noticed the pores on my cheeks seem bigger... i know it's because my skin is getting looser as I age.

TCA Peel & Stevia Mask
          http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...-tca-peel.html
          "Well I just did my second TCA peel ( 15% from OSS ) I frosted MUCH better this time. You know, I did not give it much thought, but I did a Stevia mask early this morning before I got in the shower. I did the peel several hours later. You know even my forehead frosted this time with only one layer. I have to wonder if the Stevia mask prepared my skin better. I still did it in sections but I did do most of my face. Things are feeling nice and tight right now and I think I can already see some dark spots creeping up. I can't remember if you see those right away or if it takes a day, but they are there. I will keep you posted on the progress. DH is going out of town in the morning so I figured this would be a good time. I will take a quick trip to the store in the morning to get milk, etc etc, so that I hopefully won't need to go anywhere the rest of the week. DH even took care of mowing the lawn and cleaning the pool for me. ( I normally do all that stuff ) This way I won't have to do any yard work. What a guy! I sort of like it now when he goes out of town for 2 weeks! Geeze, am I bad for saying that? I get to do projects around the house without any interruptions "

Stevia Has Anti-Aging Effect
          http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...e-reducer.html
          "A couple of days ago, my friend sent me a link to an article about the anti-aging effects of the (natural) sugar substitute, stevia...Well, me being lazy I skimmed the article and put the idea on the back burner. Whilst cleaning out my email today, I was reminded of it. I had some liquid Stevia and decided to give it a whirl...Well, I'm not one with a lot of wrinkles (virtually none), BUT this stuff does tighten your skin...for how long I don't know...
          Anyway, I emailed my friend and she said I should keep using it daily, to leave it on my face (like a mask) for 30 minutes or more and I will have BEEEYOOOTAYFUL skin...Pffft...We'll see (and yeah, I'm gonna do it). What I can say for now is that it does work as a temporary (?) tightener...If nothing else, I will use it for that....
          This is good for me because I do not like the taste of Stevia (I prefer Agave nectar), so at least some of that stuff isn't going to waste.
          Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along for those who want to give it a try..."

http://www.skincaretalk.com/basic-sk...evia-mask.html
          More Instructions on the Stevia Mask
          "I don't know that there is a recipe......it's just stevia powder mixed with a small amount of water......some have used grapes as the moisture content among things.........otherwise you can buy a liquid stevia concentrate but most were saying the powder/water mix was better.............mony I think had the best trials with this"

Originally Posted by mony
          Actually there is. Ther ratio of stevia needs to be higher than the ratio of liquid, always if you want it to be effective at tightening.
          "Dulce yes you still need to wear sunscreen after doing the mask"

"Ok I get mine at Walmart it's in a bag it's called equate Stevia Natural sourced sweetner I paid I believe 4$ for it and I got enough for about 2 yrs...I used to use the packets but I'm a cheapskate I found this a much better price and I get tons."

Apparently Truvia is an OK Alternative
          (I hate the taste of this stuff, so maybe I found a use for it!)
          http://www.skincaretalk.com/anti-agi...evia-mask.html
          Fawnie: "The original poster said to do it daily for a month to see results.
          I use Truvia and it's fine as long as you aren't allergic to fructose or any of the ingredients."

Comment

Broken Capillaries

Broken Capillaries
            For Broken Capilaries:
            http://www.skincaretalk.com/diy-skin-care/13685-mimi-help-broken-capillaries.html
            A simple recipe:
            1-Vitamin K *Phytonadione* (liquid) 99% / .25 oz
            you mix 0.1ml of vitamin c in 10ml of manuka oil.its only for spot treat.

Other possible good stuff:
            2-Neroli oil "Thats excellent for broken capillaries"
            3-Orange Flower Water "Orange Flower Water - helps erythema too."
            4-Helichrysum Italicum "I love Helichrysum Italicum ,its great for sensitive skins,broken capilaires and burns.Helichrysum is the only essential oil found to contain certain di-ketones, which may support wound healing and scar reduction.the only no its the price"

A better recipe (probably)
            (needs vitamin K added)
            "the second recipe (fron Eden) looks really great
            2/3 ounces hazelnut oil
            2/3 ounces evening primrose oil
            1 ounce sweet almond oil
            10 drops Moroccan chamomile (Tancetum Annuum)
            10 drops everlasting (Helichrysum Italicum)
            10 drops lavender
            10 drops Roman chamomile

but if you add the vitamin K you will see results fast.Dont forget to use only 1% of vitamin k in the total amount of the mixture"

Comment

More Alternatives to Correct Broken Capilaries

More Alternatives to Correct Broken Capilaries
              Source: (same as above)
              I'm thinking of adding my alfalfa infused oil to that recipe.

Keep in mind, if you have broken facial capillaries, avoid alcohol, extremes temperatures, facial steaming, saunas, irritating cosmetics, spicy food, and stimulants (like caffeine and other stimulant drugs). Also, be sure to protect your skin in cold or windy weather.

Certain essential oils such as chamomile, cypress, geranium, lemon, neroli, palmarosa, peppermint, rose, and rosemary help restore elasticity to blood vessels and diminish the redness on the surface of the skin.

Some carrier oils, such as borage, tamanu, evening primrose, hazelnut, and rose hip seed oils, enhance the effectiveness of aromatherapy blends with their own abilities to help reduce broken capillaries.

It may take several months of use before you see results.

Here are some other suggested recipes:

Facial Oil for Broken Capillaries

1 ounce jojoba oil
              1/2 ounce rosehip seed oil
              10 drops borage oil
              4 drops cypress oil
              3 drops lemon oil
              2 drops palmarosa oil

Mix the jojoba and rosehip seed oils together in a clean container, add the essential oils to blend. Apply the mixture to the affected area once or twice a day.

Facial Oil For Broken Capillaries

1/2 ounce hazelnut oil
              1/4 ounce rosehip seed oil
              10 drops borage oil
              3 drops neroli oil
              3 drops rose oil
              2 drops geranium oil

Mix the carrier oils together in a clean container, add the essential oils, and blend well. Apply the oil to the affected area daily.

Conditioning Body Oil For Broken Capillaries

1 1/2 ounces sunflower oil
              1/2 ounce rosehip seed oil
              20 drops borage oil
              5 drops geranium oil
              3 drops lemon oil
              3 drops rosemary oil
              2 drops cypress oil

Mix the carrier oils together in a clean container, then add the essential oils, and blend well. Massage the oil over the affected areas daily.

Geranium oil can lower your blood sugar level. Use it with caution or omit it altogether if you have hypoglycemia (low blood sugar).

Comment

Consider This Before Cosmetic Surgery & A Word of Caution

Consider This Before Cosmetic Surgery & A Word of Caution
                I'm completely fascinated by all this - apparently there's a whole world of skin care out there I wasn't aware of. Perhaps best of all, some of this can be applied to PE. They have a whole sub-forum on discoloration & skin lightening--anyone that has done PE for an extended period of time has some kind of discoloration. Just like we are very anti-surgery here on this PE forum, they were actually quite anti-surgery on this skin care forum. Apparently, if you know what you're doing you can transform your face to some extent without any surgery. I know it's hard to believe (just like PE was hard to believe at first.

I'm impressed with all of this, and I thought anyone who is considering laser skin resurfacing or anything like that, should consider this type of skin care first. Just like PE though, some of the procedures these women are doing require an adjustment period & caution until we can see how our skin reacts. Keep that in mind-- turning your face into a pincushion (dermarolling) or sand-papering your face (micro-fiber cloth) requires some knowledge & caution. I hope you guys find this information as useful as I did.

Just An Introduction
                There's a whole world of skin-care information out there. Consider all this just an introduction... To learn more, I would recommend analyzing Fawne's Routine (the first post in this thread).
                blink2000
                Last edited by blink2000; 09-13-2010, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Those ladies on that site are definately as into these things as we are into our PE! A lot of info on those forums for sure!

Comment

Yeah, Fawnie, the lady who I quoted the most only joined their forum in 2009, and she has a whopping 17,000 posts (currently). Ridiculous huh?

The routine I quoted at the very top is from her.

Some of the girls were saying that this type of thing is just as good or better than surgery, and of course that made me think of PEgym & how we occasionally get guys that want to do surgery on their penis (phalloplasty). As you & I know phalloplasty is pretty worthless, but guys that are new to penis enlargement find it hard to believe... These women seemed to have some similar views on cosmetic surgery, but perhaps not as extreme as our views against phalloplasty (penile surgery).

Comment

has anyone used dermaroller on penis to increase sensation
                      /

Comment

Could microderming with a .5mm needles remove discolorization from the penis experienced during the enlargement process? Probably.
                        PE is a lot like sex. First you have to find your technique, rotate your routine, and then plan on it taking a while. Then you will find satisfaction.

Comment

Working...
                        X