KP's Rebuilding.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KP's Rebuilding.

I have not been to the gym since i started dialysis. Renal failure takes a lot out of you. Causing muscle wasting and weakness. I can't afford to go to the gym beings my income is half of what it use to be. so i started a calisthenic program last night.

3 sets of squats
    3 sets od calve raises
    3 sets standing crunches
    3 sets chest exercise (wing crunch)

Today i will do some walking.

Calves are week and tighten up while walking so walking is a challenge at best i can walk slowly for about 20-30 minutes. Despite this slow walking it does get me up to the low end of an aerobic level.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Getting back on that horse This is the way to go! Tell us how you feel afterwards and fill us in on your progress.

-UYN-
    19/04/2011
    FG: 4.25" +0.45
    FL: 5.19" +0.69
    EG: 4.75" +0.45
    BPFSL: 7.69" +1.58
    NBPEL: 7.25" +1.19
    BPEL: 7.677"+1.757

Comment

I actually felt pretty good. My atempt at this a few months ago left me out of breath and panting.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

You're moving in the right direction. Keep it up, my good pal. I walk circles in my basement when I can't get out, especially during our dark, cold, gloomy, icy mid-Ohio winters. Oh, shit!! I'm depressing myself. Let me take a swig of that delightful cock-swelling

green tea. Ahhhh!!

Comment

Originally posted by going411by7 View Post
          You're moving in the right direction. Keep it up, my good pal. I walk circles in my basement when I can't get out, especially during our dark, cold, gloomy, icy mid-Ohio winters. Oh, shit!! I'm depressing myself. Let me take a swig of that delightful cock-swelling

green tea. Ahhhh!!
          Yeah i started drinking green tea again. It helps with anxiety issues i get at night.

Comment

looks like you're on track
            My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Exercise especially weight bearing trainng helps keep phosphourous levels as well as potassium levels in check. These can go to high in someone with renal failure. Abstaining from those foods that are high in these two minerals is not enough to keep these mineral in check. Calcium and phosphate binders help keep phosphorus in check. Calcium helps keep both phosphorus and potasium in check.

At this stage protein needs are quite high. But you have to avoid milk especially skim milk due to its high phosphorus levels. This list also includes beans and nuts and seeds. Whey protein is very low in phosphorus and moderately high in calcium. Beef chicken fish pork are high end protein foods the patient can have in moderation. My limit set by the diatician is 100 grams of protein oer day. If i were a body builder or athelete this would go up somewhat. I get around 70 grams of protein per day.

Comment

The problem with end state renal fialure is that it depletes the androgen hormones in both men and women. So this week i did a calisthenic routine simular to Sundays routine. I also do a lot of gardening here lately got all my bulbs in and mums.

So i have to exercise to maintain muscle mass and to keep androgen hormones up.

Comment

We pray for you KP you have given a lot to our community.

Comment

I just got my bulbs in too, KP. Keep up the good work, the good to Kingpole work. Your are my hero, old pal.

Comment

At a loss for words. Just know I am thinking of you and cherish the tons of info you have given all of us!
                      NoseyBailey:rolleyes:

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                        Exercise especially weight bearing trainng helps keep phosphourous levels as well as potassium levels in check. These can go to high in someone with renal failure. Abstaining from those foods that are high in these two minerals is not enough to keep these mineral in check. Calcium and phosphate binders help keep phosphorus in check. Calcium helps keep both phosphorus and potasium in check.

At this stage protein needs are quite high. But you have to avoid milk especially skim milk due to its high phosphorus levels. This list also includes beans and nuts and seeds. Whey protein is very low in phosphorus and moderately high in calcium. Beef chicken fish pork are high end protein foods the patient can have in moderation. My limit set by the diatician is 100 grams of protein oer day. If i were a body builder or athelete this would go up somewhat. I get around 70 grams of protein per day.
                        So are beans nuts and seeds ok for you? (just curious--i saw you mentioned them but i couldn't tell if they were ok or not).
                        My progress journal / useful PE links

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
                          I have not been to the gym since i started dialysis. Renal failure takes a lot out of you. Causing muscle wasting and weakness. I can't afford to go to the gym beings my income is half of what it use to be. so i started a calisthenic program last night.

3 sets of squats
                          3 sets od calve raises
                          3 sets standing crunches
                          3 sets chest exercise (wing crunch)

Today i will do some walking.

Calves are week and tighten up while walking so walking is a challenge at best i can walk slowly for about 20-30 minutes. Despite this slow walking it does get me up to the low end of an aerobic level.

Holly Shit KP...I know im a new guy around here, but im absolutely floored to hear this. Your headed in the right direction. Im going to send you a PM with some info that i would like you to read, and then discuss with your doc if you deem it appropriate. I dont want to post it here and potentially break board rules. Head up sir, keep fighting!
                          Blinks Hanging 101
                          https://www.pegym.com/forums/penis-d...ing-101-a.html

Comment

All hail the Mighty Kingpole! Great to hear that you are being proactive and attacking the situation big guy, i'm inspired.

Comment

Working...
                            X