The fat pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fat pad

I'm about 16-17% body fat at 6 ft tall. 215 lbs. measuring without pressing down I'm 5.5 in in length. However if I push down, not violently either, I measure at about 6.25 in in length. I don't wanna cheat when I measure and was just wondering if this would be considered a fat pad?

Thanks for the help

Yes, the difference between BPEL and NBPEL is considered to be the "fat pad" thickness. Of course, there is more tissue there than just fat, including skin, fascia, and ligaments.

And having a sizable fat pad thickness does not necessarily indicate one is overweight. The thickness is partially genetically determined and can be age-related as well.

Neither way of measuring is "cheating". Most guys use a bone-pressed measurement (either erect, stretched flaccid, or both) to track progress since it tends to be more consistent.

Comment

Yeah that's how I measure to see gains as well. This was more for the reason of how big it looks with the fat pad.

Comment

Was also wondering if the range that is considered average is measured using bone pressed or not

Comment

I have seen my fat pad go from large to much smaller. I always use the bone pressed length. It is much more consistent with varying weight.
          Slow and low, that's how it goes.

Comment

Yeah I know it's best to use to chck gains. My main concern was whether bone pressed is used when they take the average size. Like allthe averages you normally hear about. It's not specified what method of measuring they use

Comment

Working...
            X