New Research on the Benefits of Orgasm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Research on the Benefits of Orgasm

We all know orgasms feel good in and of themselves. There is new research that indicates that they have more far reaching health benefits as well. Here's a summary:

In their recent book The Science of Orgasm, researchers Komisaruk, Beyer-Flores, and Whipple survey the most recent research on orgasm and describe a variety of studies that point to the positive effects of orgasm in an attempt to answer the question; are orgasms good for your health. While these studies are in most cases the only or the first few studies to consider the question, they point to the possibility that orgasm effects go beyond a brief euphoric feeling, and are a good argument for the relationship between sexual health and overall health. Examples of research into health and orgasm include:

A UK study which looked at the relationship between having frequent orgasms (two or more per week) and mortality in men. At a ten year follow up the researcher found that men who had frequent orgasms had a significantly lower risk of death than men who did not have frequent orgasms.
    Several studies have hypothesized that hormones released during arousal and orgasm, specifically oxytocin and DHEA, may also have protective effects against cancer and heart disease.
    Research has also pointed to the sedative and relaxing effect of oxytocin and other endorphins released during orgasm, which may explain why people use masturbation as a way to get to sleep, and why sex is a great way to deal with stress.
    There have been two studies which have found a connection between men who ejaculate regularly and a reduced incidence of prostate cancer.
    While orgasms can for some people trigger migraine headaches, at least one study has also found that orgasms can relieve migraine headaches.
    It’s also worth pointing out that orgasm and sex play in general can be a wonderful form of exercise. Frequent sex and orgasms can bring with it the benefit of other good cardio workouts.

Source:
    Komisaruk, B.R., Beyer-Flores, C., & Whipple, B. The Science of Orgasm Baltimore: Johns Hopkins University Press, 2006.
    Lazy 8
    Last edited by Lazy 8; 04-25-2011, 04:31 PM.

I showed that study a while back to my wife; she said we all have to die sometime!
    The world's still a toy if you just stay a boy!

Comment

I think this is all true and good, but I tell you flat out that whenever I ejaculate it takes about a day and a half to stop feeling pain down there in my groin. And I know what it is from, it is from the various sex glands trying to replace the semen that was lost. When you shoot your wad your body goes into overdrive trying to replace it. The transformation of blood into semen is what is going on in there, and it is not a very good ratio of fluid volumes, I would venture a guess something like 4 to one and I have heard it is as poor as 16 to one. That stuff has to come from somewhere and it comes from your blood. Semen is loaded with sugar and other hard to generate substances. So, ejaculation may be good in some ways, but only so much of it. Something like twice a week is a reasonable number so the body has time to replace the lost fluids. It is a well-known fact that athletes do better if they hold their wad most of the time also, which is something worth thinking about. I think we need more studies on the topic.
      Where there is PE there is love and understanding.

Start, Oct. '10:
      BPEL: 7.0"
      May 2014:
      BPEL: 7 and ~7/8"
      Goals:
      2014: BPEL 8.0"
      2025: BPEL 36.0"

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoguy View Post
        I think this is all true and good, but I tell you flat out that whenever I ejaculate it takes about a day and a half to stop feeling pain down there in my groin. And I know what it is from, it is from the various sex glands trying to replace the semen that was lost. When you shoot your wad your body goes into overdrive trying to replace it. The transformation of blood into semen is what is going on in there, and it is not a very good ratio of fluid volumes, I would venture a guess something like 4 to one and I have heard it is as poor as 16 to one. That stuff has to come from somewhere and it comes from your blood. Semen is loaded with sugar and other hard to generate substances. So, ejaculation may be good in some ways, but only so much of it. Something like twice a week is a reasonable number so the body has time to replace the lost fluids. It is a well-known fact that athletes do better if they hold their wad most of the time also, which is something worth thinking about. I think we need more studies on the topic.
        Use to go through this when i was young. It may be that zinc is depleted. In the meantime you can take an aspirin before sex.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

My last partner had enlarged prostate. Was pretty serious. About 2 months into our relationship he went in for that bmh or whatever test.
          His reading was much lower than before. We were so excited!
          Then his doc called and said he wanted to test again because in seven years it was a dramatic reduction. Then he said oh don't ejaculate at least two days before the test. We were like Uh oh. The previous test he ejacted the nite before
          So we got worried.
          Takes second test. Results: a few points LOWER than last test!!

So if u don't use it u lose it saying, for him, couldn't be closer to the truth.

Unfortunetely about six months after we ended his levels were up. He won't masturbate
          The Dick is the Best Toy Ever!

Comment

Originally posted by Lazy 8 View Post
            ...A UK study which looked at the relationship between having frequent orgasms (two or more per week) and mortality in men. At a ten year follow up the researcher found that men who had frequent orgasms had a significantly lower risk of death than men who did not have frequent orgasms...
            the amount i wank i must be invincible!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kingpole View Post
              Use to go through this when i was young. It may be that zinc is depleted. In the meantime you can take an aspirin before sex.
              Due respect, but I take aspirin daily as a blood thinner so it ain't that. What makes you think zinc deficiency is the cause?

Start, Oct. '10:
              May 2014:
              Goals:

Comment

Here's another study you might want to look at regarding the benefits of getting your rocks off:

http://articles.sfgate.com/2004-04-0...-cancer-deaths

Show that to your wife!

Comment

Originally posted by rhinoguy View Post
                  Due respect, but I take aspirin daily as a blood thinner so it ain't that. What makes you think zinc deficiency is the cause?
                  Stress depletes zinc as well as ejaculation does. Take 350mg of aspirin before sex to avoid the pain.

For I will restore health unto thee and I will heal thee of thine wounds, saith the Lord Jeremiah 30:17

Comment

Well I have no doubt that vitamins be a lacking now and then. I broke my collar bone a few months ago and the very good doctor installed a pound of titanium and said ok, let's hope your bones fill in. 6 weeks later nothing but titanium scraps were there. I saw the x-ray. Doctor now says wow, look at that!- You need some calcium guy. Take Caltrate and come back again in 6 weeks. Did it, and sure enough 6 weeks later it was bones-gone-wild. I had been off milk for so long there was no calcium any more.

Start, Oct. '10:
                    May 2014:
                    Goals:

Comment

You should not be geting pain Rhino , you might look at improving your overall diet and include seafood.

Comment

Working...
                      X