Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best cardio exercise

Hey...
    Guys what do you think which is best cardio exercise...??
    share your opinion with me...
    Amery
    Last edited by Amery; 07-30-2011, 04:10 AM.

Going on a roller coaster straight after a line or two, that gets my heart working overtime so it must be good

Comment

Originally posted by Amery View Post
      Hey...
      Can't give you my answer yet I am starting one hour sessions with my physio (BTW but Shhh! Alison gives me a woody) that would be a true cardio since I'm referred by hospital and have a hernia and other two back injuries LOL!

Comment

i will vote for elliptical.. among cycle, treadmill.. i find it more effective and my whole body is in motions.. so i feel my whole body have been worked out..

Comment

Originally posted by joshuawilson View Post
          i will vote for elliptical.. among cycle, treadmill.. i find it more effective and my whole body is in motions.. so i feel my whole body have been worked out..
          agreed. it also burns more calories. run for atleast 30 min.

Comment

honestly, burpees..those will melt the fat off of you in no time. MOuntain climbers are great too..boxing, take a jui jitsu, muay thai, or kickboxing class. Its alot easier to do cardio when its something that you actually enjoy. I play soccer on my off days from lifting.Another option is to add circuit training into your lifting program, it will keep all your muscles cut and vascualar.My favorite form of exercise is cross fit, you do that for a while and you will you be stronger than a fucking ox but you will also have the endurance of an athlete. the best of both worlds man

Comment

Originally posted by Martyparty View Post
              honestly, burpees..those will melt the fat off of you in no time. MOuntain climbers are great too..boxing, take a jui jitsu, muay thai, or kickboxing class. Its alot easier to do cardio when its something that you actually enjoy. I play soccer on my off days from lifting.Another option is to add circuit training into your lifting program, it will keep all your muscles cut and vascualar.My favorite form of exercise is cross fit, you do that for a while and you will you be stronger than a fucking ox but you will also have the endurance of an athlete. the best of both worlds man
              oh yeah i forgot bout burpee's! just read that in my men's fitness. and heck yes soccer will melt away some fat too and its really fun.

Comment

lol nice man, mens fitness has some pretty nifty stuff in there. i particularly liked the section on the outdoor summer workouts..they are great when you want to take your workouts to a more natural setting.Back in the day i lived by this awesome wooded area called sprig creek, i remember me and my buddy used to do our cardio up the creek, jumping around from rock to rock, leaping as far as we could across gaps and chasms..it really brings you back to a primal state, and can increase the intensity of your workouts vastly. You assume that natural,ferral state hah at least i did but i dont know maybe im just a different type of guy:P

Comment

Hey...
                  Interval training on the elliptical. No stress on your knees or back and if you do interval training correctly you will lose weight fast because the intervals "trick" your body. Absolutely the best for cardio.

Comment

Originally posted by Martyparty View Post
                    lol nice man, mens fitness has some pretty nifty stuff in there. i particularly liked the section on the outdoor summer workouts..they are great when you want to take your workouts to a more natural setting.Back in the day i lived by this awesome wooded area called sprig creek, i remember me and my buddy used to do our cardio up the creek, jumping around from rock to rock, leaping as far as we could across gaps and chasms..it really brings you back to a primal state, and can increase the intensity of your workouts vastly. You assume that natural,ferral state hah at least i did but i dont know maybe im just a different type of guy:P
                    yeah man i love that magazine and bein outdoors

Comment

awfcfcd
                      royhoward
                      Last edited by royhoward; 01-11-2013, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Hey...
                        Best cardio workout?
                        There isn't just one ... and the answer changes depending on your goal.

Is fatt loss and toning your goal? I'll assume it is, since that's what most people want.
                        If you want to just melt the fat right off your body, do short, high-intensity workouts.
                        For example, intervals of sprints in a soccer field or running uphill. Doing 12 sets of 45 second intervals will be an intense workout that will melt fat right off your body.

The rower machine is excellent for cardio. It's almost a full body workout and gets the heart pumping hard. It's good for toning the upper body and sculpting a good back.

Swimming is also another fantastic cardio. Here's why: The water acts as a constant resistor to movement, so it's like having 5 pound weights attached to every limb that's active. This workout is excellent for building lean muscle. Swimming also works every muscle in the body and is a low-impact on the joints, meaning that you'll never have to worry about suffering a physical injury.

Skipping rope: Boxers and other fighters use this as a cardio rather than spend 30-80 minutes running every day. This is because 10 minutes skipping rope at a good pace is equivalent to jogging for 30 minutes. It improves coordination as you jump to the rhythm of the rope and is very portable and affordable. A good rope can cost you a max of 7 dollars and you can bring it anywhere.
                        "Know the rules well, so that you may properly break them" - The Dalai Lama
                        Do not criticize the seed for not yet being a tree.
                        Character is destiny - Sigmund Freud
                        As long as I have breath in my lungs, I will make this happen

Comment

Originally posted by Toadstool View Post
                          Best cardio workout?
                          There isn't just one ... and the answer changes depending on your goal.

Is fatt loss and toning your goal? I'll assume it is, since that's what most people want.
                          If you want to just melt the fat right off your body, do short, high-intensity workouts.
                          For example, intervals of sprints in a soccer field or running uphill. Doing 12 sets of 45 second intervals will be an intense workout that will melt fat right off your body.

The rower machine is excellent for cardio. It's almost a full body workout and gets the heart pumping hard. It's good for toning the upper body and sculpting a good back.

Swimming is also another fantastic cardio. Here's why: The water acts as a constant resistor to movement, so it's like having 5 pound weights attached to every limb that's active. This workout is excellent for building lean muscle. Swimming also works every muscle in the body and is a low-impact on the joints, meaning that you'll never have to worry about suffering a physical injury.

Skipping rope: Boxers and other fighters use this as a cardio rather than spend 30-80 minutes running every day. This is because 10 minutes skipping rope at a good pace is equivalent to jogging for 30 minutes. It improves coordination as you jump to the rhythm of the rope and is very portable and affordable. A good rope can cost you a max of 7 dollars and you can bring it anywhere.
                          I agree completely!!! Rowing, Swimming, and Skipping Rope. DONE! Do 10 minutes of skipping rope and you'll see why, if you can skip rope for 10 minutes...
                          STATS:
                          Start (Aug '10) -- BPEL 6" x 6" -- BPFSL 5.75" x 3.5"

GOAL:
                          BPEL 7.5" x 6.5"
                          :rolleyes:

Comment

Cardio is ANYTHING that pumps your heart and makes it beat faster for at least 15-20'. Period. ANYTHING. Walking, jumping, swimming, cycling, boxing, rope jumping, climbing, etc. The question is: which one do you enjoy the most, or want to become good at?

Try to do the running man for 5'... Thats what I like the most. You'll be amazed.
                            The best sound in the whole world is my wife.... having an orgasm!!!!

Comment

Marathon sex. !!!
                              "If you want a log you need to keep a log." - Tinkerbell
                              "I wish I was average height with average hand size." - thenewdude

Comment

Working...
                              X