Any cyclists amongst us?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any cyclists amongst us?

I'm really just getting into it seriously. There area where I live is great for hill training as there are many short hills will very high grades.

Anyone in the PE gym cycle as their main form of exercise?
    Do not speak - unless it improves on silence.

-Buddhist saying

Road or trail or dirt?
    pterodactyl

Currently on the Phallosan Forte

Comment

If you consider BMX cycling.

Comment

yeah I rode and raced mountain bikes during my teens - early 20's, cross country and downhill.
        Word of warning: make sure your seat does not point up at all or you will regret it. Better still, point it down a bit and/or get one of those dick friendly seats. The pressure on your undercarriage can cause ED.
        Moral is, ride downhill or bmx so you can stand up haha

Comment

Originally posted by super ted View Post
          yeah I rode and raced mountain bikes during my teens - early 20's, cross country and downhill.
          Word of warning: make sure your seat does not point up at all or you will regret it. Better still, point it down a bit and/or get one of those dick friendly seats. The pressure on your undercarriage can cause ED.
          Agree on this! Not only dick friendly but ball friendly, as I had some trouble there a while ago. I had an expert bike fitter adjust my riding position and seat angle. Problem fixed. He says lots of guys come in with those kinds of issues. Cost quite a lot of money for the fitting, but worth it. Highly recommend it.

I ride about an hour and a half a day - commuting.

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
            Road or trail or dirt?
            I do all three...Mostly road though.

-Buddhist saying

Comment

Originally posted by super ted View Post
              Yea I have heard that the seat can cause ED. I wondered if this would be a problem. Do you use a hard saddle or one with padding?

-Buddhist saying

Comment

Paddes saddles are the worst for blood flow. Your best bet is one of those ergonomicaly designed ones with a cutout for your taint. Kills the ass bones but you get used to it.
                pterodactyl

Comment

Those ones with the cutout are actually worse for bloodflow. More pressure on a smaller area. Just remove the seat and zip-tie the cranks in place and pump your way to where you're going. More fun and a killer workout.

Comment

Im into mountain bike trial riding(got a giant reignx) And BMX racing(cruiser class) if that counts
                    Just a standard issue unit, nothing fancy

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                      Those ones with the cutout are actually worse for bloodflow. More pressure on a smaller area. Just remove the seat and zip-tie the cranks in place and pump your way to where you're going. More fun and a killer workout.
                      Hmm... I. Thought the cutout for the perrenial region would eliminate possible ed issues.
                      pterodactyl

Comment

Originally posted by dontM(ockme View Post
                        I'm really just getting into it seriously. There area where I live is great for hill training as there are many short hills will very high grades.

Anyone in the PE gym cycle as their main form of exercise?
                        Not my main form of exercise, but I bike almost everywhere. The only occasions I do not bike is if I am too ill, during the winter, or if it is storming...although, I got caught in 60mph gusts lasts night with the storms here. I will admit, as my clothing become drenched and the wind became colder I immediately regretted my decision to leave the rec center. If I would have waited I would have completely missed the storm. Oh well, when I have children then grandchildren I can tell them I had to bike home 15 miles in 60mph winds and during lightning storms

Comment

Originally posted by pterodactyl View Post
                          Hmm... I. Thought the cutout for the perrenial region would eliminate possible ed issues.
                          People claim they help eliminate possible ED issues, but the physics work against the design. I've had one on my BMX bike when I was into it competitively because those seats are much lighter than a normal one, and I found that they probably only help eliminate ED issues because they're so damn uncomfortable to sit on that you find yourself staying off the seat more.

Comment

Lol
                            pterodactyl

Comment

Originally posted by DemOne View Post
                              People claim they help eliminate possible ED issues, but the physics work against the design. I've had one on my BMX bike when I was into it competitively because those seats are much lighter than a normal one, and I found that they probably only help eliminate ED issues because they're so damn uncomfortable to sit on that you find yourself staying off the seat more.
                              haha

Comment

Working...
                              X