Gauging your testosterone level by the lowest note you can hit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gauging your testosterone level by the lowest note you can hit

In the last year I have worked on optimizing my testosterone level. I am 56 yo, and my testosterone was 592 ng/l in 2012. Now it is 664, so I made some progress, and I feel good. (I never used TRT, test replacement therapy and I don't intend to).

The reason for this post is that in this process I think I stumbled on a method to gauge the testosterone level. Some of you may already know and use this method, so I wanted to get your opinion and experience.

I noticed that in the morning, when my testosterone is higher, I can hit a note lower than in the afternoon, when the T naturally goes down. I use this website to measure the lowest note I can hit:

https://tuner.ninja/

One year ago the lowest note I could hit was F2 - 93Hz. I measure always in the morning, an hour of two after I wake up. In the afternoon the lowest note I can hit is at least 15Hz up from the one in the morning.

This morning I hit C2 - 69Hz for the first time.

Does any of you use this method?

Never heard of itt previous.

Comment

Apparently testosterone levels can correlate to vocal cord length and, therefore, pitch. However, is that a genetic thing (predetermined) or will vocal cord length fluctuate over time with fluctuations in T levels? Dunno.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny D View Post
        Apparently testosterone levels can correlate to vocal cord length and, therefore, pitch. However, is that a genetic thing (predetermined) or will vocal cord length fluctuate over time with fluctuations in T levels? Dunno.
        What I am finding is that the vocal cord length fluctuates over time with the fluctuations of T levels. In the morning, when my T is highest, the lowest note I can hit (sing) is 69Hz. In the late afternoon, when my T is the lowest, I can hit only as low as 84Hz.

In addition to that, last year, when my T was lower than this year, the lowest note I can hit in the morning was 85Hz, and in the afternoon it was around 95Hz.

So this parameter: the lowest note I can hit (I will call it from now on LN) seems to follow both daily fluctuations of T, and the fluctuations of T over time.

Since it is really easy to measure the LN, it only takes 10 seconds to sing in the microphone:

https://tuner.ninja/

I am now using this parameter LN to gauge how well certain supplements and life style changes affect my T level as measured in the morning.

Comment

Perhaps. But all kinds of things will cause your voice to be lower in the morning, including something as simple as them drying out during sleep. I don't know enough about this topic to say one way or another - you might be onto something - I'm just saying that T level is only one variable among many to be considered.

Comment

Perhaps. But all kinds of things will cause your voice to be lower in the morning, including something as simple as them drying out during sleep. I don't know enough about this topic to say one way or another - you might be onto something - I'm just saying that T level is only one variable among many to be considered.
            You can always eliminate the obvious factors that affect voice: the colds, sore throat, etc...

And you are comparing your own personal levels. For example yesterday I didn't do much HIIT at all, and my sleep was not great. So this morning I could only hit as low as 82Hz.

Comment

Yesterday we had sex with my wife at 4pm. Half an hour later it dawned on me that I could easily test if my T went up. And it did, my lowest pitch I could hit went down to 75 Hz, nearly 10 Hz lower from what was before. Much like you would expect it to happen.

Comment

this is useless because your voice will always be lower in the morning due to the relaxed musculature around the vocal cords.

Comment

Originally posted by icbmlauncher View Post
                  this is useless because your voice will always be lower in the morning due to the relaxed musculature around the vocal cords.
                  Try measuring it at 8am after a day when you did HIIT (High Intensitsy Interval Training), and at 8am after a day when you didn't do any training at all. See if you notice a difference.

Comment

But I believe that your testosterone is only elevated for a few hours after a workout. Not 24 hours.

Comment

But I believe that your testosterone is only elevated for a few hours after a workout. Not 24 hours.
                      It is elevated for a few hours, but I am trying to figure out if it influences the next morning level too. So far it look that it doesn't, although there were few days were it seemed that it does. So I am still curious to find out. I am keeping a log that I can analyze and learn from.

Comment

Working...
                      X