Saiyan22 building muscle and fat loss thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saiyan22 building muscle and fat loss thread

Hey what's up fellas. A lot of members have been shooting me PMS asking me what my diet plan has been that has leed to my current physique gains so I have decided to just create a thread mainly for the purpose of discussing nutrition, dieting, and muscle buidling to share ideas and for us to help each other out. For the members that have PMed me about my current diet here it is with info stating the concept behind it.

What I have been doing for the past 5 months is a carb cycle diet. This is a great way to diet off bodyfat while retaining as much hard earned muscle as possible after the bulking up phase is done with. You see the thing is once you go on any diet that puts you in a caloric deficent you will lose bodyfat for 1 to 4 weeks but after that your body's metabolism will slow down in an effort to hold onto bodyfat. Hence the dreaded fat loss platueo. By carb cycling you are actually tricking the body into thinking that it's not on a diet when it actually is. Studies show that after the first 3 to 5 days of doing a low carb diet your leptin levels will decrease and your thyroid and T3 levels will aslo decrease to slow down your metabolic rate which is bad since the goal is to lose bodyfat.

The body does this as a starvation response to protect it's self. You see the human body doesn't care about being muscular and ripped with low bodyfat. The only thing the human body cares about is survival. In all actually the human body actually sees extra muscle mass as a threat since muscle mass is metabolicly expensive. Combined this with low bodyfat reserves, the body doesn't like this enviroment at all. So by carb cycling we are avoiding the body's emergency response in the pressence of low calories and low carbs coming in.

So to carb cycle effectively one would have a few low carb days to allow the body to tap into it's stored bodyfat for energy. After a 3 to 5 days the body will catch on to what you are doing and start down regulating your metabolism. After 3 to 5 days of low carbs you throw in a high carb day to trick the body. The high carb day will boost T3 levels and leptin levels which will keep your metabolism nice and fast and avoid the body's starvation response. After the high carb day, you will have some weight gain but it's just water weight and glycogen storage from the carbs. Once the high carb day is over you go back to your low carb days in which the water weight gained on the high carb day will shed off along with additional bodyfat on a weekly basis.
    I personally like to have three different days which for me is low carb day, medium carb day and high carb cheat day. One could be successful with just low carb days and high carb days but this is just my personal preference so I have more energy to train heavy in the gym.

So heres how saiyan22 aka kingsnake does it.

Monday: chest and biceps training ( Medium carb day)
    150 grams of carbs
    256 grams of protein
    30 grams of fat
    Total calories 1,962

Tuesday: Legs training (Low carb day)
    90 grams of carbs
    300 grams of protein
    27 grams of fat
    Total calories 1,862

Wednesday: Cardio and Abs training (Low carb day)
    Same macros as Tuesday

Thursday: Shoulders and Triceps training (Medium carb day)
    Same macros as Monday

Friday: Back and rear delts training (High carb cheat day)
    eating all kinds of high sugar junk foods but protein isn't as high
    estimate to about 300 to 600 grams of carbs
    estimate to about 200 to 250 grams of protein
    estimate to about 50 gram of fat. 100 grams of fat if I have lemon pepper wings while pussy hunting with my friends Mike and Brian

Saturday: rest day (High carb cheat day)
    Same macro estimate as Friday

Sunday: rest day ( Low carb day)
    Same macros as Tuesday and Wednesday

That's my diet in short. I've been doing this plan for 5 months with great success. I started at 220 to 225 pounds big but holding fat and water and now I'm at 193 pounds. I have lost s little bit of strength but strength lost has been minimal since I kept the weights heavy. When I weighed 220 to 225 pounds I could incline benchpress 315LBS for 6 to 8 reps. Now I can only hit 315 lbs on incline benchpress for 2 to 4 reps. So reps went down but strength loss was very minimal since I kept my protein intake high to avoid muscle loss, even though some muscle loss in inevitable while in a caloric deficent. The key is to keep the weights heavy to minimize muscle loss while dieting off bodyfat.

If anyone has any questions on my diet plan, let me know.
    saiyan22
    Last edited by saiyan22; 10-15-2011, 04:16 PM.
    Starting size: 8 inches non bonepressed, 8.5 inches bonepressed, 5.2 inch midshaft girth, 5,5 inch base girth.

Current size: 9.5 inches non bonepressed, 9.8 inches bonepressed, 6.25 inch midshaft girth, 6.5 inch base girth.

Nice post dude.

Comment

Great plan I will take note of some things. Thanks man. Happy gaining. ^_^
      "We live to make the impossible possible that is our focus!"- Lightning

Comment

i did this at one point in college, walked every day to class which was about a mile and some change, and lost 2 pant sizes and about 30lbs.

Carb Cycling is the sh*t, good post S

Comment

Thanks fellas for the support.
          Starting size: 8 inches non bonepressed, 8.5 inches bonepressed, 5.2 inch midshaft girth, 5,5 inch base girth.

Current size: 9.5 inches non bonepressed, 9.8 inches bonepressed, 6.25 inch midshaft girth, 6.5 inch base girth.

Comment

So Im around 200 lbs right now, and somewhere under 10% BF (I I think) Should i look to follow similar intake as you?
            July 2016 - - - - Oct 2016 - - - - - Mar2017 - - - Apr2017 feb2019(after mild peyronies)
            bpel 5.75 - - - - - -6.0 - - - - - - 6.125" - - - - - - 6.25 ---- 6.0" nbpel 5 5/8
            meg 4.75 - - - - - -4.75 - - - - - - 4.75" - - - - - -4 .875

Long Term Goal. 6" nbpel and 5.25" girth.

Comment

Thats a great program.
              The force is strong with you young Skywalker. Obi Wan has trained you well.

before: 6X4.5
              now: 7X5
              next: 8X6

Comment

Thanks for the support fellas. I've been getting a lot of PMs on posting my exact diet so folks can see exactly what I eat. Here it is.

Low carb day

(Meal 1) 2 scoops of whey protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal
                Protein 48 grams/ carbs 31 grams/ fat 6 grams/ calories 378

(Meal 2) 10oz chicken breast, veggies, 4oz red potateos
                Protein 55 grams/ carbs 27.4 grams/ fat 7.5 grams/ calories 420.8

(Meal 3) 7oz Tilapia and vegggies
                Protein 49 grams/ carbs 0 grams/ fat 2.3 grams/ calories 228

(Meal 4) 1 cup egg whites, 1/2 honey wheat bagel
                Protein 50 grams/ carbs 28 grams/ fat .5 grams/ calories 330

(Meal 5) 7oz Tilapia and veggies
                Protein 49 grams/ carbs 0 grams/ fat 2.3 grams/ calories 228

(Meal 6) 2 scoops whey protein and 5 fish oil caps
                Protein 48 grams/ carbs 4 grams/ fat 8 grams/ calories 278

Total protein = 299 grams
                Total carbs = 90.4 grams
                Total fat = 26.66 grams

Total calories = 1,862.8

Medium carb day

(Meal 1) 2 scoops of whey protein, 1/2 cup oatmeal, 1/2 honey wheat bagel
                Protein 48 grams/ carbs 59 grams/ fat 6.5 grams/ calories 508

(Meal 2) 7oz chicken breast, veggies, 5 fish oil caps
                Protein 38.5 grams/ carbs 0 grams/ fat 10 grams/ calories 260

(Meal 3) 7oz chicken breast, 7oz red potatoes
                Protein 38.5 grams/ carbs 44.2 grams/ fat 5 grams/ calories 406.4

(Meal 4) 1 cup egg whites, 1 serving wheat blend pancake, 1 serving sugar free syrup
                Protein 50 grams/ carbs 42 grams/ fat 1.5 grams/ calories 380

(Meal 5) 2 scoops whey protein
                Protein 48 grams/ carbs 4 grams/ fat 3 grams/ calories 228

(Meal 6) 6oz chicken breast and veggies
                Protein 33 grams/ carbs 0 grams/ fat 4.5 grams/ calories 180

Total protein = 256 grams
                Total carbs = 149.2 grams
                Total fat = 30 grams

Total calories = 1,962.4

High carb cheat day

(Meal 1) 2 scoops of whey protein and high carb junk food

(Meal 2) 7oz chicken breast and high carb junk food

(Meal 3) 1 scoop whey protein and high carb junk food

(Meal 4) 6oz chicken breast and veggies

(Meal 5 and Meal 6 are combined for high carb junk food eating frenzy) like fries, wings, pizza, ice cream, alcholol

Total protein = 200 to 250 grams
                Total carbs = 300 to 600 grams
                Total fat = 50 to 100 grams

Total calories = 3,000 to 6000

Comment

Excellent post Saiyan22! This should help a lot of guys out. A big key to nutrition is being disciplined.
                  To me, there is no shame in PE. It's no different than when guys first began to lift weights/bodybuild and it was a fringe thing. Now it's mainstream.

Comment

Nice post.

Unfortunately I'm one of those types who has to eat 4,000+ calories a day to gain weight. Luckily though I don't gain fat that easily.

Started out at 5'11 130lbs. Now 6'1 190, relatively low body fat.

And I will say, proper nutrition is even more important than going to the gym, at least for most people.
                    Goal: Huge

Comment

Hey Gravik. To be honest with you I'd rather have your metabolism because with your body type it is indeed harder to gain weight but the weight that you do gain is mostly muscle. When your metabolism is fast like that, your body will less likely lay down any bodyfat which is great. Not to mention that you will probrabley not have to ever worry about getting fat as you get older.

I have the body type to where I can gain muscle and fat easily. The muscle gaining part is great. The fat gaining part sucks. Hey Gravik. You have made great progress bro, coming from a weight of 130LBS.

Comment

Saiyan,
                        You have two high carb cheat days back to back, every week? Your pictures don't lie. I know I train hard enough... Even one of those cheat days makes the low carb days seem easier.
                        Bob
                        8-1-10 11-1-11
                        BPEL - 6.125" 8.25"
                        BPSFL - 6.562" 8.25"
                        MEG - 4.75" >5.25"
                        NBPEL - 5.75" 7.5"
                        BEG - 5.5"+ 5.75"

Comment

Hey bobberick. Yeah I have 2 cheat days back to back but for faster more efficient results you should spread the 2 hich carb days apart and keep one of the high carb days clean. The only reason why I put my two high carb days back to back is because of my life style. On Fridays and Saturdays I'm either pussy hunting with my friends Mike and Brian at the clubs, lounges, or bars. In social settings like this it's hard to stay strict on a diet. Especially when everyone else around you is eating wings, fries and drinking acholol.

Ideally you would want to spread your 2 high carb days to 2 to 3 days apart. Something like this.

Monday: medium carb day
                          Tuesday: Low carb day
                          Wednesday: High carb day
                          Thursday: meduim carb day
                          Friday: Low carb day
                          Saturday: High carb cheat day
                          Sunday: Low carb day

Comment

Thanks. That makes sense. You've obviously found what works for you. Making it fit into someone's lifestyle is almost as hard as having the discipline in the first place. Good luck with your future efforts!
                            8-1-10 11-1-11
                            BPEL - 6.125" 8.25"
                            BPSFL - 6.562" 8.25"
                            MEG - 4.75" >5.25"
                            NBPEL - 5.75" 7.5"
                            BEG - 5.5"+ 5.75"

Comment

I had a transformation too, feels good mang.

Went from 6' 145 to 6' 185 on creatine, during a minor cut and creatine deload I went to 175 and didnt lose any strenght, all that in the spawn of 10 months.
                              I think im an easy gainer lol

Comment

Working...
                              X