Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Narural body. What is achievable? What methods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narural body. What is achievable? What methods?

Has been some talk on what is achievable naturally.
    One thing I have noticed, is that the prevalance of drugs has skewed training method . That is ,much of the training methodology is suited to guys on drugs, but not those training naturally.

Quote from Rek.
    It's not as simple as just height. I've been strength training properly for one and a half years. Last October I was measured at 232lbs with a bf% of 19. That puts my lean mass at around 187lbs and I'm 5'10. I have a big frame, huge legs and have never taken steroids.

Comment

Here is the quote from jimmy on achievablability as a general guide.
      One thing about being lean but not having mass, is that in clothing you just look like a skinny guy or a reasonably in shape guy anyway.

I think someone made a graph saying that the natural limits someone can be at 8% bodyfat and it was like.

5'6" 160 lbs
      5'7" 165 lbs
      5'8" 170 lbs
      5'9" 175 lbs
      5'10" 180 lbs
      5'11" 185 lbs
      6'0" 190 lbs
      6'1" 195 lbs
      6'2" 200 lbs

add 5 lbs for each inch of height, until you get to like 6'6" where you start adding 10 lbs for each inch in height.

Supposedly this is what is obtainable naturally so if you are close to this, as in 8% but close to that bodyweight, or a little bit more bodyweight but a little bit heavier your physique should look good. But you will also not look like a freak, just like a very athletic person.

Comment

Transfered from another thread
        (It's not that hard to get in great shape without juice... Just look a male gymnasts, I used to be a such good shape when I was in gymnastics.)

My height isn't on that list

Pegasus
        Administrator
        PE Gym Editor
        PEGym Hero
        Admin of the Month Mar 2015
        Last edited by Pegasus; 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM.
        Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
        Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
        6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

I transfered a post of yours from elsewhere so as to be on topic Koh.
          What wes your height and weight when doing gymnastics Koh?

Comment

5'5 1/2"
            When I was in gymnastics, about 120~140 lbs

People would guess I was like 160 lbs just by judging me visually though.
            Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
            Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
            6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

my best condition was 210 at 5'8", I was at 14% though, not 8% but I was looking pretty good then without ever using juice.
              Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Originally posted by BigO View Post
                my best condition was 210 at 5'8", I was at 14% though, not 8% but I was looking pretty good then without ever using juice.
                212 15% 5'10 right now I think I should look better but due to the isolated spots is where the fat is at causes the issue

I want to get to 230-235 or so

I have a big frame 43" chest Mostly rib cage not much muscle added yet. Any one know of some good upper chest work outs?
                Thick_Unit
                Banned
                Last edited by Thick_Unit; 01-15-2012, 10:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus View Post
                  Here is the quote from jimmy on achievablability as a general guide.
                  One thing about being lean but not having mass, is that in clothing you just look like a skinny guy or a reasonably in shape guy anyway.

I think someone made a graph saying that the natural limits someone can be at 8% bodyfat and it was like.

5'6" 160 lbs
                  5'7" 165 lbs
                  5'8" 170 lbs
                  5'9" 175 lbs
                  5'10" 180 lbs
                  5'11" 185 lbs
                  6'0" 190 lbs
                  6'1" 195 lbs
                  6'2" 200 lbs

add 5 lbs for each inch of height, until you get to like 6'6" where you start adding 10 lbs for each inch in height.

Supposedly this is what is obtainable naturally so if you are close to this, as in 8% but close to that bodyweight, or a little bit more bodyweight but a little bit heavier your physique should look good. But you will also not look like a freak, just like a very athletic person.
                  Those number about max weight at 8% may be accurate but the truth of the matter is that It will take you years and yeas of perfect training and dieting to reach your 100% "natural" muscle max.

Comment

Ive been working out/lifting weights for a long time, like 5 years. The past 2 years years is when ive really gotten serious about it, i try to push myself everyday im in the gym cause if i dont i feel like i just wasted my time and did all that effort for nothing.

Im going to be honest ive considered doing some kind of muscle enhancing drug. The reason is i do all this hard work and eat all the right things and its still hard for me to gain muscle. Im 6'1 180lbs, when i started i was about 170, so ive gained some decent muscle but not as much as id like. I mean yes im in good shape at about 8% body fat, but my body isnt what i want it to be. My calves are so small compared to everything, regardless of how hard i work them they dont seem to grow. I kind of look like a funky bird.

The reason why i haven't used any drugs is because i always think that it would be the easy way out. Anyone can take something and get huge from it, but it takes true dedication to bet big and look good naturally. I want to be one of those guys that people do a double take when my shirt is off and its because of my hard work not because i took something, it'll be a lot more rewarding to know how that i did it naturally. Plus the fact thats its unhealthy to use those drugs and you also dont keep as much muscle when you go off them. So i guess im going to keep working hard in the gym and keep eating the right things at the right time to achieve my ultimate body goal, and i encourage everyone to do the same!

Comment

Your doing great without drugs C-van. 10 lbs of muscle is a great accomplishment. It just takes longer drug free. I weighed 165 when I graduated. The highest I ever got to was 225 as far as being in good shape was concerned. I had about 19% body fat then (bulking phase). So many guys say "Oh, I am 8% body fat" when the reality is thats one out of hundreds. If a man has the right body they can look shredded at 10-12% easily, some even at slightly higher body fat. I know at 14 % you could easily see the lines of my stomach, it wasnt total shredded but I could easily take off my shirt at the beach and not feel the least bit insecure.
                      I am 45 now and just would guess I am at 16-19% range but at 212 and my age I am happy and my gut doesnt hang over, my chest is still at about 47, Waste is 34 (comfort fit) but I have the hockey butt and thighs if I could gain one thing back now it would be the hard stomach, oh well. Kids and work and the life of being a working dad and I am happy to still be able to be a roofer who plays hockey. My goal is to be in the shape my dad was at at 65, he played hockey untill he was 57 and I know at 50 he easilly would have still cleaned my clock!

Comment

The last time I was at 8% BF was almost a year ago a couple of weeks out from a natural bodybuilding show. I was 5"11", ~192lbs. I ended up stage ready at 184lbs. The previous show I was 174lbs.

The table of MAX natural weight is a bit on the low side, some individuals are capable of maybe 5-10lbs more.
                        Initial(9-1-11): BPEL: 7.25", BPSFL: 7.75", EG: 4.75", BEG: 5.25", BPFL: ~5.0", FG: ~4.0"
                        Current(7-1-16): BPEL: 8.375", BPSFL: 8.75", EG: 5.375", BEG: 5.875", BPFL: ~6.625", FG: ~4.75"

Realistic Goal: BPEL: 8.5", EG: 5.5"
                        Idealistic Goal: BPEL: 9.0", EG: 6.0", BPFL: 7.0", FL: 5.0"

Comment

That sounds shredded 00Z, wish I could do that. I know I dont have the ability to pass on pizza. You had a gain of around 10 shredded lbs, bravo my good man

Comment

Originally posted by c-van View Post
                            Ive been working out/lifting weights for a long time, like 5 years. The past 2 years years is when ive really gotten serious about it, i try to push myself everyday im in the gym cause if i dont i feel like i just wasted my time and did all that effort for nothing.

Im going to be honest ive considered doing some kind of muscle enhancing drug. The reason is i do all this hard work and eat all the right things and its still hard for me to gain muscle. Im 6'1 180lbs, when i started i was about 170, so ive gained some decent muscle but not as much as id like. I mean yes im in good shape at about 8% body fat, but my body isnt what i want it to be. My calves are so small compared to everything, regardless of how hard i work them they dont seem to grow. I kind of look like a funky bird.

The reason why i haven't used any drugs is because i always think that it would be the easy way out. Anyone can take something and get huge from it, but it takes true dedication to bet big and look good naturally. I want to be one of those guys that people do a double take when my shirt is off and its because of my hard work not because i took something, it'll be a lot more rewarding to know how that i did it naturally. Plus the fact thats its unhealthy to use those drugs and you also dont keep as much muscle when you go off them. So i guess im going to keep working hard in the gym and keep eating the right things at the right time to achieve my ultimate body goal, and i encourage everyone to do the same!

It is possible, you are one of the guys I mentioned earlier, who is using methods not suited to drug free training.

Comment

I totally respect your decision to go without Peg. I have had freinds use then lose but at 45 and alwas staying drug free I can go in andeven after long layoffs the size comes back quick. Drug free and you will look good and stay stronger longer plus we stil get to lug at juicers, even big ones, hehehe

Comment

Working...
                              X