Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RAN Yesterday For the First Time In Years....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAN Yesterday For the First Time In Years....

Holy crap! LOL. I'd been walking and even briskly, but I'd forgotten what a difference there is between walking and actually running. I think I ran for about five minutes, according to the timer on my phone before I had to resume walking. Total exercise time was around 20 minutes between walking, running, getting my heart back into my chest, and walking some more. Distance wise, around 2 miles. Not bad all things considered. It's hard to believe I used to get up at 4 a.m. a few days a week and run 3-5 miles. I'll get back into shape though!

I know exactly what you mean, I lift weight and play hockey but the last time i ran i almost stroked out. I can walk on my treadmill at a very fast pace for up to an hour if I want but hitting the pavement at a good jog kicks my ass every time. I think we are in shape...for our age.
    Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

i just ran 9 miles yesterday. its so great to be back. last year i got a sever ankle sprain falling down some stairs with a small child i was babysitting for a friend, which also translated into some serious plantar fasciitis. ive been months on the road to recovery. ive never ran more than 11 miles at once so thats my goal....my stride and gait are still kind of royally fucked, and my mobility through active stretches in my anterior compartment are absolutely fucked.

while it burns...it feels good to be back dont it? im just so happy that in the NE the weather has been mild enough to run outdoors most of winter. theres nothing like gazing into the sky, running down the road to your favorite tunes with a smile on your face.

My eq post run is just bonkers. old school painful erections

Comment

Originally posted by bigmoe5067 View Post
        i just ran 9 miles yesterday. its so great to be back. last year i got a sever ankle sprain falling down some stairs with a small child i was babysitting for a friend, which also translated into some serious plantar fasciitis. ive been months on the road to recovery. ive never ran more than 11 miles at once so thats my goal....my stride and gait are still kind of royally fucked, and my mobility through active stretches in my anterior compartment are absolutely fucked.

while it burns...it feels good to be back dont it? im just so happy that in the NE the weather has been mild enough to run outdoors most of winter. theres nothing like gazing into the sky, running down the road to your favorite tunes with a smile on your face.

My eq post run is just bonkers. old school painful erections
        Yes, it does feel good in that weird way. It's funny how after I got back home, a Pizza Hut commercial just happened to come on. I ate a nice salad for dinner though.

Comment

me too i just started running/ training hard for a cut down forgot how much it blows i was sweating like a dying animal

Comment

Working...
          X