The truth about protein shakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The truth about protein shakes

I have never gained so much muscle and lost so much fat until I STOPPED taking protein shakes. They are poison for your body and they are not as effective as real food after a workout.
    Do you know exactly what kind of useless chemicals you are putting in your body? No, you don't.
    They just make you fat and unhealthy.
    Real food after a workout has made me gain huge lean muscles and I'm finally seeing the beginnings of a great sixpack and obliques. Wanna keep wasting your money, health and time? Keep making those companies richer and richer...
    Go ahead.

Check it out... Kevin is the best:

http://www.naturallyintense.net/blog/diet/nutrition/are-protein-shakes-bad-for-you-and-do-they-work/
    Started MAY 2011 BPEL 5 and a 1/2 inches. EG 5 and a 1/2 inches.
    Now MAY 2012 BPEL 6 and a 1/2 inches. EG 5 and a 1/2 inches.
    I have cured myself of prem ejac, now I am working on a bigger shlong.

This cant be true. This is an article by a racist who is against protein shakes. What about all the men that are getting weight and becoming healthy while taking them.

Comment

No. Quality Whey is a good proteinsource if you can't get in all your proteins through food. I have no idea why people use the term "protein powder" like this is some kind of magic musclebuilding stuff. Whey is nothing but a fastdigesting protein source.
      No, whey doesn't make you fat and unhealthy, unless you stuff yourself with an unreasonably huge amount. Same applies to every other source of food by the way.

What happened to you most likely is you got rid of whey and started to eat healthy. Of course this will have a great positive effect on your body composition. This has nothing to do with the lack of whey though, but with the addition of good nutrition.
      Lvl1 : BPEL 6,70" | EG 4,85"| EQ: 6-7 (current)
      Lvl16:BPEL 7,50" | EG 5,25"| EQ:8-9 (mid term)
      Lvl36:BPEL 8,00" | EG 5,75"| EQ:9-10 (long term)

Comment

JamesManroe - Did you actually read the article Kevin is selling himself and he's targeted the protein shakes as the enemy? Yeah he's good if you can have 6 meals a day, and have 2hrs a day to train. if you don't you take protein shake like me I've got 2 jobs! Its fast and it does the job. PS Who the fuck want a body like Kevin? its just unrealistic. And yes I do take protein shakes its helped me lose weight from 13.5 stone to 12 stone and now getting cut aka ripped. My sex life is really really good. James grow up and don't believe this shit and just to let you know the world isn't flat anymore!!!

Comment

An alternative view for you James:

Do Protein Shakes Work? | Strength and Fitness Tips

Comment

I just find eating healthier easier. I do like to mix my chocolate whey with milk though, it's a nice shake.

End the night with a spoonful of Skippy's natural peanut butter.
            Restart [4/17/16] 7.5 BPSFL • 7.25 BPEL • 5.125 USEG • 5.75 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG (not valid)
            Goal 1 [7/17/16] 7.75 BPSFL • 7.5 BPEL • 5.25 USEG •
            6 MSEG • 6.25 BSEG

Comment

I can only hope that one day some of you will get off the junk and notice the more effective difference that real food has to offer. I only eat 3 meals a day, workout 3 days a week(only 1 hour per day) and I'm gaining big muscle fast and burning fat very quickly with the routine Kevin gave me. He is very knowledgable and always gives me advice for free. I have never paid him one cent.
              3 day split:
              Mon: legs/abs/obliques
              Wed: back/biceps/traps
              Fri: chest/triceps/shoulders
              4 sets 10-12 reps.
              Only 1 minute rest between sets.
              10 min moderate HIIT after lifting.
              I only take a Freeda milti-vitamin.
              Good luck guys.
              Started MAY 2011 BPEL 5 and a 1/2 inches. EG 5 and a 1/2 inches.
              Now MAY 2012 BPEL 6 and a 1/2 inches. EG 5 and a 1/2 inches.
              I have cured myself of prem ejac, now I am working on a bigger shlong.

Comment

Your program is quite good,but trow out that hiit after weight training and do cardio instead!About protein shakes i agree with you,why drink anythink but only if you eat good and enough protein in your diet plan.Protein shakes are there to complement your diet,do not drink shake and not eat.
                Credo, quia absurdum.
                My log-https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...urnal-log.html

Comment

And 3 meals are not enough,try to eat at least 5.
                  Credo, quia absurdum.

Comment

Protein shakes obviously aren't nearly as good as eating real food (they don't have any vitamins and minerals, etc. generally)but they are fine if you use quality ones and don't overdo it.

Originally posted by Razor.69 View Post
                    And 3 meals are not enough,try to eat at least 5.
                    This is a myth, all of the research done on this is from companies that sell snack bars (PowerBar, ZoneBar, etc.) or other things like protein powders that try to convince people that having them in between meals is helpful. There is no real research that I've seen that supports that 5-6 meals a day actually is better for your metabolism.
                    PEGym Theme Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RH76tfDxm7Y

Comment

I actually only used protien shakes when doing routines for cutting, when bulkng I ate 6 meals a day. protien like anything is a waste if you are ingesting way too much. For bulking I ate loads of chicken breast, boiled eggs and tuna with as many good carbs and fats that my body could use properly.
                      Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

/me reads ingredients list on back of my protein powder

Nope, no strange chemicals or anything bad in this. I drink protein shakes after working out simply because I just cannot get enough healthy calories in my normal diet.

Comment

BTBrian-i have to disagree with you about how much meals person should eat per day.I know how marketing can have influence on people so i don't believe anything that big firms said.I only believe to my self and people i know well and of course my experience.Eating more meals is good to speed up metabolism.Trust me i used to be fat
                          I know you can have great success with only 3 meals but imagine your progress when you have 5 meals per day.And there are many sience proof with this.I didn't said that you have to drink shakes but if you are in training daily you must eat more meals.Why?Because your body needs it.I repeat i don't count shakes,bars etc. in meals but real food!
                          Credo, quia absurdum.

Comment

Side not from previous lifting experience, I found it better to work shoulders on a separate day from chest. If I worked both the same day, my shoulder workout suffered.

Comment

Articles on Meal Frequency
                              Lvl1 : BPEL 6,70" | EG 4,85"| EQ: 6-7 (current)
                              Lvl16:BPEL 7,50" | EG 5,25"| EQ:8-9 (mid term)
                              Lvl36:BPEL 8,00" | EG 5,75"| EQ:9-10 (long term)

Comment

Working...
                              X