Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Complete breathing: Better to exhale through mouth or nose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete breathing: Better to exhale through mouth or nose?

Well as you probably deep breathing exercices bring many benefits. Complete breathing seems to be the best (combination of abdominal breathing, thoracic breathing and clavicular breathing). I have been reading articles about this topic lately and i am planning to do some of those exercices on a daily basis.
    But i was wondering: If i want to benefit more from those exercices, SHOULD I EXHALE THROUGH THE MOUTH OR NOSE?
    Some articles state that it's better through the mouth, some others through the nose and the rest don't precise so I'm a bit confused....
    Thanks in advance for your replies.
    https://www.pegym.com/forums/progres...gress-log.html

Whatever works for you. I breathe through my mouth
    04/11/14 - BPEL 5.625"/MSEG 4.75"
    06/20/14 - BPEL 6.00"/MSEG 5.00"
    Short-Goal: BPEL 7"/NBPEL 6"/MSEG 5"
    Long-Goal: BPEL 9"/NBPEL 8"/MSEG 6"

Bib Progression

Comment

I've always been a mouth person. Just do whichever one feels most natural to you.
      The biggest risk you can take in life is not to take any risks at all.

Rejection is better than regret.

Success is achieved first through the mind, then through the world, never the other way around.

For as you think, you shall become.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill Drill View Post
        I've always been a mouth person...
        I hope I'm not reading this right, but I'm half awake...so..

Bib Progression

Comment

Originally posted by hadoken2 View Post
          I hope I'm not reading this right, but I'm half awake...so..
          Some people and their sick minds, very very sick minds
          The biggest risk you can take in life is not to take any risks at all.

Rejection is better than regret.

Success is achieved first through the mind, then through the world, never the other way around.

For as you think, you shall become.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrill Drill View Post
            Some people and their sick minds, very very sick minds
            Some thrill drill and their mouth. Anyways, hahaha!
            How jovial, a member with a sense of humor. Thrill Drill, take care! jajaja

Bib Progression

Comment

Thread jack guys . Yes I know I am nor perfect either.

Comment

Originally posted by DogSpirit View Post
                Well as you probably deep breathing exercices bring many benefits. Complete breathing seems to be the best (combination of abdominal breathing, thoracic breathing and clavicular breathing). I have been reading articles about this topic lately and i am planning to do some of those exercices on a daily basis.
                But i was wondering: If i want to benefit more from those exercices, SHOULD I EXHALE THROUGH THE MOUTH OR NOSE?
                Some articles state that it's better through the mouth, some others through the nose and the rest don't precise so I'm a bit confused....
                Thanks in advance for your replies.

As a full anxiety person and searched for those stuff 1-2 years now.. IF you asking about Anxiety breathing when your alone and you feel a fast heart beat close your eyes Inhale from the Nose but pop your stomache out more than your chest for 4 seconds and exhale from your mouth slowly to 6-7 seconds... Do that 2-3 mins and it will go away trust me

Comment

I just breath how it feels best at the moment .. Such a scary thought if you can't breath anymore, imagine that!

Comment

I always have trouble breathing and relaxing, always tense and on edge and like I'm holding a shit in. like I am always fighting to take a deep breath and I breath mostly in my chest rather my diaphragm. I know how to breath right, but I think I have a hiatal hernia. When I do try and relax and breath normal, I feel my lower stomach relax and most the time I have to piss. Wondering if this could cause the blood from flowing and causing shrinkage or any damage.....
                    smaLLer than beFore :(

Comment

Lay down in bed and breath deep and slow thru your nose, on every exhale feel yourself sinking into your soft bed. After 5 min, start to let go of any tension starting from your feet, as if you are pulling your consciousness out of your body.
                      :peace::hippie::rockon::music:

Comment

Originally posted by Glamissand1 View Post
                        Lay down in bed and breath deep and slow thru your nose, on every exhale feel yourself sinking into your soft bed. After 5 min, start to let go of any tension starting from your feet, as if you are pulling your consciousness out of your body.
                        I'll try that tonight.... I have tried before, but I tense up and stop because I feel it in my lower back and it feels like it is going out or about to spasm.
                        smaLLer than beFore :(

Comment

Let it go, it works better after a hot shower.
                          :peace::hippie::rockon::music:

Comment

I inhale through nose & exhale through mouth....In addition, I have inhale on the part of the exercise thats the easiest and exhale on the part where the exercise is the most difficult. For example, when doing a push up inhale on the way down & exhale on the way up. I got this from a book I read called "Convict Conditioning". Also try to focus on smooth & controlled movements (not fast nor slow).

Comment

Working...
                            X