CMP's Mass Gaining 101

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CMP's Mass Gaining 101

This will be my basic mass gaining 101, and I will do a cutting 101, strength 101 and athletic training 101 sometime soon.

Rule number 1.
    4 workouts a week, one around squats, one around deadlifts and rows, the other around pressing. do atleast 6 sets of compound lifts per workout, 10 sets of compound lifts max and 4 to 6 sets of isolation. See what works best for you.

Rule number 2.
    1.5-2 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight, 17-22 calories per pound of bodyweight, see what works best for you.

Rule number 3.
    New pr each workout, this can be a weight pr or a rep pr, keep your first excerise within the 4-6 rep range and do 4 sets with this, to increase strength and the other excerises in the 8-12 rep range for hypertrophy, eg. If you do 8reps one week do 9reps next week.

Rule number 4.
    Start light, on your first week start of with a weight you can do 6 reps with and do 4 the next week do 5 and the week after do six, after wards increase the weight and repeat. hen on the hyperthrophy excersises, start with a weight you can do 10 with but only do 8, does to til you can complete 12 reps, then increase the weight.

Rule number 5.
    Avoid failure, this will lag recovery time, hit failure every now and again, when you really need to push for a PR otherwise avoid it.

Rule number 6.
    Complete a log of every rep of every set of every workout.

Rule number 7.
    Get adequate rest this means waking up without an alarm clock, and feeling fully refreshed when you rise.

Rule number 8.
    Check weight and bodyfat percentage every fortnight, adjust diet accordingly.

Rule number 9.
    Be flexible with macro's and adjust them so that they suit you.

Rule number 10.
    Stretch after each workout to avoid injury and to increase recovery time.

Rule number 11.
    Stay fit and athletic, do 2 sessions of half an hour of moderate cardio a week.

Rule number 12.
    Run cycle til 1gains halt. 2 you get fat, when this happens start cutting and when you go back on the bulk your gains in mass and strength will continue and you won't be such a lard arse.

Rule number 13.
    Don't worry about losing your 6pack, you will struggle to gain huge amounts of muscle and strength if you insist on keeping it, also you can cut back down after the bulk.
    CleanestMeanestPenis
    Last edited by CleanestMeanestPenis; 09-10-2012, 03:19 PM.
    Good Luck with your gains,
    CMP
    Measurements as of 22/9/12
    183mm BPEL
    120mm MSEG
    135mm BEG
    188mm BPFSL

I miss rule number 7

Interesting post though! I recently started pumping the iron again
    TheSperminator
    Member of the Month Oct 12
    Last edited by TheSperminator; 09-09-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

bump
      CMP
      183mm BPEL
      120mm MSEG
      135mm BEG
      188mm BPFSL

Comment

Rule 6, very good!
        Going an inch and 1/2 deeper than before

Comment

Oh god this takes me way back, so we are talking 14 sets plus a bodypart . Wow I wasted years of effort with this stuff.

Comment

Nope peg, 12-16 sets total per workout.
            CMP
            183mm BPEL
            120mm MSEG
            135mm BEG
            188mm BPFSL

Comment

Working...
            X